Windows 10: Microsoft Kids Games

Discus and support Microsoft Kids Games in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hello! I am looking to download some Microsoft games on my PC that are educational and good for kids. I am trying to find games that have no in-app... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by hjswoop, Aug 20, 2019.

1. hjswoop Win User

Microsoft Kids Games

Hello!

I am looking to download some Microsoft games on my PC that are educational and good for kids. I am trying to find games that have no in-app purchases, and don't require an internet connection once downloaded. Does anyone have any recommendations that they have used with their kids or in a educational type of setting? I would really like to find 4-5 games, and I'm willing to pay for games if they fit the criteria.

Thanks for your help!

:)

hjswoop, Aug 20, 2019
  2. GSquadron Win User

Microsoft trains kids

Hi,
    I am watching lately that Microsoft is training little kids on how to program (on youtube or even on TV from states around the world).
    This might be a genius step for some, but sincerely it seems more offending and irritating to me.
    It seems to me that Microsoft is using little kids and not every kid,
    but the kids of some daddy's who have a lot of money or power at hand.
    A true programmer, never does any courses, learns from teachers at school by getting
    good grades, hardly shows to public or something to do with 'commercial' ways.
    100% of the kids, which is ridiculous, show to public using TV.
    What do you think about this?

GSquadron, Aug 20, 2019
  3. AndySteck Win User
    Windows Phone 8 - Kids Corner Backdoor to Internet

• Is there a way to dissable access to Internet Explorer entirely from within Kids Corner?
    This way if a game has a link to a webpage or youtube video the kid pressing that button can't get to it.

I will post the suggestion at the feature suggestions page. But to me this sounds more like a flaw in the Kids Corner coding and should be patched.

• Is there another forum I should post to in order to raise additional awareness?

AndySteck, Aug 20, 2019
  4. mlee49 Win User

Microsoft Kids Games

Microsoft trains kids

Why is this an issue?

The NBA, NFL, and countless other sports organizations tell children they will be sports stars. They aim directly towards kids and deploy entire market campaigns at children.

Many other companies strategically ploy the child market, who cares that Microsoft is doing it?

While it is ethically debatable it's not mind control. The best thing to come of this should be the parents step up and teach their children. Employing knowledge is much more powerful over marketing strategies by large corporations.

mlee49, Aug 20, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Kids Games

1. Microsoft Kids Games - Similar Threads - Microsoft Kids Games

2. Microsoft Family, Kids, Admin Users, and Gaming

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family, Kids, Admin Users, and Gaming: Hey everyone!I have a question - I'm using Microsoft Family and Safety for my family. I have a few children. When I set them up on their computers as admins, Microsoft Family and Safety gives me a warning "...is and Administrator on PC_NAME so certain Family Safety features...
  3. Microsoft Family, Kids, Admin Users, and Gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family, Kids, Admin Users, and Gaming: Hey everyone!I have a question - I'm using Microsoft Family and Safety for my family. I have a few children. When I set them up on their computers as admins, Microsoft Family and Safety gives me a warning "...is and Administrator on PC_NAME so certain Family Safety features...
  4. Microsoft Family, Kids, Admin Users, and Gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 kids games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 kids games: Windows 10 computer - I cannot afford a new computer. It seems mean to have all the good kids games only for Windows 11. My kids want to play too, though we don't have much money....
  6. Windows 10 kids games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 kids games: Windows 10 computer - I cannot afford a new computer. It seems mean to have all the good kids games only for Windows 11. My kids want to play too, though we don't have much money....
  7. Windows 10 kids games

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Minecraft - playing a game with my kid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft - playing a game with my kid: [ATTACH] I have two copies of this game. I have two Windows 10 PCs. How do I play co-op with my son? Edit: when I try to play, it says I'm logged in at another location. Is there any way of associating one of these licenses with my wife's account or something?...
  9. Is Microsoft defender Kidding me ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is Microsoft defender Kidding me ?: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/9ng2brpbi9a61.png?width=685&format=png&auto=webp&s=b46a844ae7acbb9e97f8300c6c80ad5e872f1aa1 submitted by /u/TechieNikhil [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ktmq0p/is_microsoft_defender_kidding_me/
  10. Help With Microsoft Kid Settings

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Help With Microsoft Kid Settings: When I go into "Your Family" -> "Manage My Child's Profile Info", I'm unable to change any content restrictions. [img] Any ideas? 146937