Windows 10: Microsoft latest cumulative update caused black screen

Discus and support Microsoft latest cumulative update caused black screen in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Wednesday 2nd April downloaded KB 4535996 installed and when told do not switch off your PC reached 100% it went into a black screen from blue with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ian ThomasMacnab, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Microsoft latest cumulative update caused black screen

Wednesday 2nd April downloaded KB 4535996 installed and when told do not switch off your PC reached 100% it went into a black screen from blue with white dotted circle whilst loading I have tried everything to return to normal. Contacted Microsoft technician told to contact Acer, who advised Microsoft problem, which I did only advice provided, requires a clean wipe, losing all my files. Have another PC and a flash drive with 8+GB. Explaining impossible with Corona Virus as our children will not endanger us.

The Acer Swift laptop self diagnoses but fails, I have tried everything with limited knowledge. System restore with two reset points prior has two errors 0x80070571 and 0x81000204. Reset hangs on 1% says undoing changes, 20 minutes failed to reset. Bit locker recovery key and went through all items F1 to F9 failed, Command Promt ran a full scan presumably on disc C: without problems,UEFI Firmware, changed Safe Boot to enable from disable. I don’t know more with this. Tried every permutation holding down keys, forcing a sudden stop twice, still will not load PC normally. All of these I tried numerous times.
    Any advice please to get this computer running,

Thank you.

:)

Ian ThomasMacnab, Apr 5, 2020

2. KB4497935 CAUSING INFINITE BLACK SCREEN WITH SPINNING CIRCLE

Hi,

Thanks for the reply and appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

Please answer these questions to get additional information for clarity:

1. Are you getting a black screen before signing in to Windows 10?
    2. Are you getting a black or blank screen after signing in to Windows 10?
    3. Are you getting a black screen with spinning dots after restarting the device?

Some of the common scenarios that can cause a black or blank screen to occur are connection problems with your display, display adapter driver update issues, or issues with recent updates or installations.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to check if that works.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14106/windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-or-blank-screen-errors

Let us know the result of the steps performed so that we can help you further.

Awaiting your reply.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Apr 5, 2020
  3. Black screen after installing latest KB3105210 update

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you with the installation of the update.

Do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Which was the latest update being installed?
    • Are you able to access desktop/ log-in screen?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message along with black screen?
    • Have you tried to boot the computer in to safe mode and check if the issue persists?

If black screen error occurs before sign-in or after sign-in, I suggest you to refer to the below link and check if it helps:

Black screen after upgrading to Windows 10

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information to assist you better.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 5, 2020
  4. Peer_Sam Win User

Microsoft latest cumulative update caused black screen

Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Apr 5, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft latest cumulative update caused black screen

1. Microsoft latest cumulative update caused black screen - Similar Threads - Microsoft latest cumulative

2. Black Screen and slow login issue after Latest Cumulative update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screen and slow login issue after Latest Cumulative update: Hello, we are experiencing a slow login issue on a different Surface Model running Windows 10 22H2. We found that when stopping the 'Readiness Service' and setting the startup type to 'disabled' and login process just goes quick. This is a good workaround for troubleshooting...
  3. Black Screen and slow login issue after Latest Cumulative update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black Screen and slow login issue after Latest Cumulative update: Hello, we are experiencing a slow login issue on a different Surface Model running Windows 10 22H2. We found that when stopping the 'Readiness Service' and setting the startup type to 'disabled' and login process just goes quick. This is a good workaround for troubleshooting...
  4. Black Screen and slow login issue after Latest Cumulative update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 version 1909 Cumulative update causes black screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 version 1909 Cumulative update causes black screen: After a fresh installation of version 1909 everything works as it should. After going to Windows Update and installing the cumulative update for 1909 today my system goes to a black screen and won't respond. I have made 4 attempts to install the update with the same result. I...
  6. Latest Windows Update Causes Black Screen

Latest Windows Update Causes Black Screen: Hello, i just got the popup for the latest windows windows update and went ahead to update it. I let it run and update, although when i came back, i was greeted by a grey, blank screen. I assumed it was part of the update procedure, but after 30 mintues, I resorted to...
  7. Latest Cumulative Updates

in Windows 10 Customization
    Latest Cumulative Updates: Since KB4512941 and KB4511555 update yesterday i noticed the reset option in the advance option on most of the windows apps the details do not display correctly. [ATTACH]...
  8. Black Screen After Latest Update

Black Screen After Latest Update: I started the update to my Win10 Pro last night. The screen said it will take a long time (my words), so I went to bed expecting the latest to be fully installed and ready to go this morning. However, I now have a black screen. Occasionally, I will see my mouse cursor, and...
  9. Black screen after latest update

Black screen after latest update: After i install the latest update. It was fine but next time i open my pc i got black screen and a window pop up saying personalize setting not responding please help....
  10. Latest cumulative update

Latest cumulative update: KB4340917 (OS Build 17134.191) will not update and is causes many problems on my PC such as opening up setting and trying to log off. All freeze up. Tried troubleshooting and nothing changed same thing....