Windows 10: Microsoft Launcher reporting that child's device may not have Launcher running

Discus and support Microsoft Launcher reporting that child's device may not have Launcher running in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Microsoft Launcher reporting that child's device may not have Launcher running. When I update family data in my Launcher, it says, "failed to get... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by junrau, Feb 11, 2020.

1. junrau Win User

Microsoft Launcher reporting that child's device may not have Launcher running

Microsoft Launcher reporting that child's device may not have Launcher running. When I update family data in my Launcher, it says, "failed to get family data." My child's phone has Launcher running, and Launcher claims that all permissions, etc., are set up correclty.

:)

junrau, Feb 11, 2020

2. Microsoft Launcher and signing in

Ken, I'm not sure why it is not working (I have never set it up for family) but I did see
    this and it had this on the page. Just wondering if you saw it and have done what is indicated.

1. Requires a Microsoft family account with Device health sharing permissions enabled. Also requires Android devices with Microsoft Launcher installed and signed in with the same Microsoft account associated with their Microsoft Family account.
    2. For a parent to access and view a child’s locations and app activities through the https://account.microsoft.comFamily web page, Microsoft
      Launcher must be installed on each child’s device.
    3. For a parent to access and view their child’s location(s) and app activities through Microsoft Launcher, Microsoft Launcher must be installed on both the parent’s device and each child’s device.
    4. In each case, location and app usage permissions must be allowed through Microsoft Launcher on the child’s device. Activity reporting features require Android 5.0+ on each child’s device.

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Feb 11, 2020
  3. Microsoft launcher

Hi AustinNeely\,

Thank you for reaching out to Microsoft Community. May we ask if what troubleshooting you have tried? We highly suggest you to try the steps below.

• Restart your phone.
    • If the issue persists after restarting your phone, it only means that the default launcher is needed for any other launchers to work properly. Re-installing the default launcher should resolve the issue.

Once your Android phone is back on its default settings, re-install the Microsoft Launcher and your other apps.

Note: You can easily restore your Microsoft Launcher settings if you have performed a back up. To back up your Microsoft Launcher settings, please do the following:

1. Launch the Microsoft Launcher settings. (Tap and hold your phone's home screen and tap on the
      Launcher Settings.)
    2. Tap Back up & Restore.
    3. Tap Back up Microsoft Launcher option.
    4. Confirm that the Back up to cloud storage option is selected.
    5. Tap the Back up button.
    6. Check the settings that you want to back up.
    7. Tap the Back up now button.

You may restore your Microsoft Launcher back up after re-installing it.

If you can no longer re-install your phone's default launcher, please get in touch with its manufacturer for assistance on how you can reset it to its factory settings.

Kind Regards,

Rom G.

Romualdo_G, Feb 11, 2020
  4. Microsoft Launcher reporting that child's device may not have Launcher running

Microsoft Launcher on your child's Android device, DEVICENAME, needs attention.

Hi Folks-

I've configured Microsoft Launcher on my son's Samsung Galaxy J7 which runs Android 8.0 Oreo. I've granted all permissions as requested by Microsoft Launcher during install, and also explicitly after install (special permissions, notification access). However,
    I continue to encounter the message, "Microsoft Launcher on your child's Android device, Galaxy J7, needs attention." In the Activity portion of the Microsoft Family page on my Microsoft account. I've tried uninstall/reinstall of the Launcher
    but continue to get the same result.

Has anyone else encountered and/or resolved this symptom?

displayNameGoesHere[{}], Feb 11, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Launcher reporting that child's device may not have Launcher running

1. Microsoft Launcher reporting that child's device may not have Launcher running - Similar Threads - Microsoft Launcher reporting

2. Child Sessions launcher issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Child Sessions launcher issue: Hi Team,I am facing issue while implementing Child Sessions launcher in my app. Basically as per Microsoft document when admin user launches child session then it shouldn't ask for credentials. However it does ask credentials shows as popup to enter the credentials. If the...
  3. Child Sessions launcher issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Child Sessions launcher issue: Hi Team,I am facing issue while implementing Child Sessions launcher in my app. Basically as per Microsoft document when admin user launches child session then it shouldn't ask for credentials. However it does ask credentials shows as popup to enter the credentials. If the...
  4. Child Sessions launcher issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Launcher

Microsoft Launcher: Has anyone used IOS for microsoft launcher or is Android the way to go? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-launcher/0cc134a9-098c-4e40-888e-2d3cdc2937f1
  6. Microsoft Launcher

Microsoft Launcher: Its been over 40 Mins I have allowed the first section of access on my mobile to install Microsoft Launcher. Thinking response (Check your PC were checking one more thing on your pc before we ask for final permission) I am logged into my Mic. Acct. and have started install...
  7. microsoft launcher child mode

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    microsoft launcher child mode: i've bought a new laptop and downloaded Microsoft launcher and connected to my phone as prompt But It set up in child mode and I cannot get it off !!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-launcher-child-mode/af001258-e63e-4335-8f49-c40c163fc96a"
  8. Microsoft Launcher on your child's Android device, DEVICENAME, needs attention.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Launcher on your child's Android device, DEVICENAME, needs attention.: Hi Folks- I've configured Microsoft Launcher on my son's Samsung Galaxy J7 which runs Android 8.0 Oreo. I've granted all permissions as requested by Microsoft Launcher during install, and also explicitly after install (special permissions, notification access). However, I...
  9. Microsoft Launcher

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Launcher: PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO UNSTALL Microsoft Launcher from my Android Phone PLEASE!!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-launcher/2fc25108-9647-4d25-8e6e-97869498b8b4
  10. microsoft launcher

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    microsoft launcher: I have Microsoft launcher on my android phone I will continue on pc testen and the launcher say: grant primission to show a pop-up window what can I do thx...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to uninstall Microsoft Launcher grom a child phone