Windows 10: Microsoft launches a new useful tool for your online classes or meetings

Discus and support Microsoft launches a new useful tool for your online classes or meetings in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft has released a new beta update for its revamped PowerToys utilities for Windows 10, containing a new useful feature called “Video Conference... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Sep 3, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft launches a new useful tool for your online classes or meetings

Microsoft has released a new beta update for its revamped PowerToys utilities for Windows 10, containing a new useful feature called “Video Conference Mute”.

PowerToys is Microsoft’s collection of extremely handy tools to help users get more out of their Windows 10 computers. PowerToys was originally introduced with Windows 95 and Microsoft relaunched the same tool with a different set of features specifically for Windows 10.

PowerToys for Windows 10 originally shipped with two features called ShortcutGuide and Fancy Zones. The first feature allows you to see a comprehensive list of available keyboard shortcuts, while the second feature lets you create custom window layouts for multi-tasking.

Earlier this year, PowerToys also picked up support for macOS spotlight-like search bar for Windows 10 and a new tool to resize your images.

The latest update, PowerToys v0.22.0 doesn’t add too many new features, but it contains one interesting feature that will make your life easier if you share your video or audio during online meetings or classes.

This new utility will mute your audio and video with a single keystroke when you’re in a video conference. Microsoft allows you to manage the setting for audio and video separately, but you can mute both if you want.

Microsoft launches a new useful tool for your online classes or meetings PowerToys-video-utility.jpg

PowerToys will use global microphone mute API in Windows and it will also route the video through its own driver and back to the meeting app, such as Microsoft Teams.

When the feature is enabled and your camera or microphone is in use, you’ll see a dialog box on Windows 10 that will help you know the current status.

Microsoft launches a new useful tool for your online classes or meetings Camera-and-mic-dialog-box.jpg

To use the feature, Microsoft says you need to try one of the following keyboard shortcuts:

• Win+N if you want to turn off/on both audio and video.
    • Win+Shift+O if you want to turn off/on your video.
    • Win+Shift+A if you want to turn off/on your microphone

For example, when you use the keyboard shortcut to invoke the mute action for both audio and video, PowerToys will stop broadcasting your video and audio. When you turn off the feature using the same shortcut, the driver will stop injecting black and you’ll be able to show your face again.

Microsoft says its team started working on this great solution in summer and it’s finally ready for beta testing. Basically, with the new utility, Microsoft says it will quickly allow you to mute your microphone, camera, or both, with a keystroke.

You can try it yourself by downloading the update from Github.

The post Microsoft launches a new useful tool for your online classes or meetings appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Sep 3, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Two new Hangouts Meet tools added to Admin console in G Suite

Source: G Suite Updates Blog: Two new Hangouts Meet tools added to the Admin console

Brink, Sep 3, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Two new Hangouts Meet tools added to Admin console in G Suite

Source: G Suite Updates Blog: Two new Hangouts Meet tools added to the Admin console

Brink, Sep 3, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Microsoft Teams meetings for the classroom

Source: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/...d/ba-p/1282906

Brink, Sep 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Microsoft launches a new useful tool for your online classes or meetings - Similar Threads - Microsoft launches useful

2. Muted videos while using online meeting apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Muted videos while using online meeting apps: I have bought a new laptop, which had already been installed Windows 11. However, when I use any online meetings app including Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Google Meet while playing Youtube videos, the sound from that videos were all disturbed and turned into strange sounds. The...
  3. Muted videos while using online meeting apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Muted videos while using online meeting apps: I have bought a new laptop, which had already been installed Windows 11. However, when I use any online meetings app including Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Google Meet while playing Youtube videos, the sound from that videos were all disturbed and turned into strange sounds. The...
  4. Online meetings audio problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Online meetings audio problems: Hi guys, I have a serious problem for my online meeting after I updated to win11. It says that Zoom and Google Meet fail to detect my audio system but when I go for test Mic and speaker function, they all work well. Discord and other apps like valorant mic functions are...
  5. Online meetings audio problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Online meetings audio problems: Hi guys, I have a serious problem for my online meeting after I updated to win11. It says that Zoom and Google Meet fail to detect my audio system but when I go for test Mic and speaker function, they all work well. Discord and other apps like valorant mic functions are...
  6. Zoom, Microsoft TEAMS, Google meet, and any online app not getting permission to use...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Zoom, Microsoft TEAMS, Google meet, and any online app not getting permission to use...: Camera and microphone are not connecting when using Zoom, TEAMS, or Google Meet. However, it works when using Skype which is downloaded on the laptop. The default camera app on the laptop has functioning microphone and video.I have gone through the permissions settings on...
  7. Stuck in a rut with a laptop I use for online classes

in Cortana
    Stuck in a rut with a laptop I use for online classes: I have a recent problem wherein my Dell Laptop Inspiron 15 5000 Series with windows 10 suddenly stopped working, as it doesn't log in to any accounts. We restarted it a lot of times then after lots of hard resets, it logged in a common User account. After that, the wallpaper...
  8. I was using OBS to record an online class on MS Teams

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I was using OBS to record an online class on MS Teams: I was using OBS to record an online class and the teacher literally said that somebody was recording and asked to stop and delete the file, I quckly checked to see if somebody was using the record button on teams but it was disabled, is there a way they could know if you are...
  9. EDGE--"Meet your new browser"

in Browsers and Email
    EDGE--"Meet your new browser": The "Meet your new browser" page was understandable on first start of Edge. However, after many dozens of starts, that page still appears first and I have to cancel it before other pages will appear. Anyone know how to cancel this thing permanently? I've tried everything I...
  10. New to Office 365 in October - online tools, Microsoft AI, and more

in Windows 10 News
    New to Office 365 in October - online tools, Microsoft AI, and more: Office 365 provides the broadest and deepest set of apps and services with a universal toolkit for teamwork, giving people flexibility and choice in how they connect, share, and communicate. Today, we’re excited to announce the addition of 96 new global markets, bringing...