Windows 10: Microsoft launches Font Maker app for Windows 10

Discus and support Microsoft launches Font Maker app for Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft recently moved the Font management from Control Panel to Settings in Windows 10 April 2018 Update, and the company also published its fonts... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, May 11, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft launches Font Maker app for Windows 10

Microsoft recently moved the Font management from Control Panel to Settings in Windows 10 April 2018 Update, and the company also published its fonts in the app store. It looks like Microsoft is making another important step in this regard.

The company quietly published a new app called “Microsoft Font Maker” which allows users to create custom fonts and enhance the look of the platform. The Font Maker app is available for everyone with Windows 10 Fall Creators Update and newer. Microsoft says that users can add a “personal touch to everything” by creating a custom font.

“Add a personal touch to everything you do by creating a custom font based on the nuances of your own handwriting,” Microsoft explains the app.

At the time of writing this story, the Store link throws 404 not found error, but it will show up if you just do a search in the Microsoft Store.

Microsoft launches Font Maker app for Windows 10 [​IMG]

You can use a stylus (pen) to draw your own font, and the front is apparently based on your handwriting. To create your own font, simply follow the on-screen instructions, and write the phrases. The app will generate a font which can be enabled across the operating system, just like any other font.

It is worth noting that the app can be installed on any device but it requires pen support to create custom fonts. The Microsoft Font Maker is available for both Insiders and non-Insiders and you download it from the Microsoft Store on a PC with Windows 10 Fall Creators Update or newer.

In the past few months, Microsoft has been focusing on improving the user experience with smaller touches here and there that make the Windows 10 a more refined platform. With the Windows 10 April 2018 Update, Microsoft moved the Fonts section from the classic Control Panel to Settings.

The new Font section in Settings app allows users to uninstall, preview, and view information of each font. Microsoft has also published the new fonts in the Windows 10’s Store, and the company is also planning to sell premium fonts.

It is worth noting that Microsoft hasn’t yet announced the Font Maker app. The software giant might be planning to announce the new app along with Windows 10 Redstone 5 later this fall.

The post Microsoft launches Font Maker app for Windows 10 appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, May 11, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft launches Font Maker app for Windows 10

1. Microsoft launches Font Maker app for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Microsoft launches Font

2. Microsoft Font Maker does not work with Wacom tablet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Font Maker does not work with Wacom tablet: I have a Wacom Intuos BT S CTL-4100WL tablet on my Windows 11 22H2 PC and thought it would work with Microsoft Font Maker. It does not. I can place the pen-pointer in the letter boxes, but it doesn't allow me to "write" in them. The pointer moves around the screen, so the...
  3. Microsoft Font Maker does not work with Wacom tablet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Font Maker does not work with Wacom tablet: I have a Wacom Intuos BT S CTL-4100WL tablet on my Windows 11 22H2 PC and thought it would work with Microsoft Font Maker. It does not. I can place the pen-pointer in the letter boxes, but it doesn't allow me to "write" in them. The pointer moves around the screen, so the...
  4. How to make a font on Microsoft Font Maker WITHOUT A ELECTRONIC PEN?

How to make a font on Microsoft Font Maker WITHOUT A ELECTRONIC PEN?: I want to make my own font in Microsoft Font Maker WITHOUT AN ELECTRONIC PEN OR TOUCHSCREEN, as I do not have any of those. The only accessories I have are a Logitech M185 wireless mouse....
  5. Windows Font Maker without a pen?

Windows Font Maker without a pen?: I am aware that this question has been asked before, but people keep getting machine-learning responses that dodge the question. Therefore, I am wording this question in a bit of a quirky way so bear with me. My question is: would it be possible to use Windows Font Maker...
  6. Microsoft Font Maker

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Font Maker: I have Windows 10 Asus Laptop, Windows 10 LenovoPC and Windows 7 Dell PC. All three have no pen touch input available for this display. If I purchased a graphics pen and touch add on device could I then be able to use the microsoft font maker? Any help on this would be...
  7. How to use Microsoft Font Maker without a pen?

How to use Microsoft Font Maker without a pen?: I really wanna make my own font but I don't own a pen or something like that and my computer does not have Touch-Screen, What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-use-microsoft-font-maker-without-a-pen/3b8e9770-26eb-405c-adcb-d22b165d1c3f
  8. Microsoft Font Maker - is there really no undo/erase function?

Microsoft Font Maker - is there really no undo/erase function?: Hi everyone, I downloaded Microsoft Font Maker earlier, & wanted to ask anyone else that's used it about a question I had. . . although I'm able to write with my stylus & input the characters as required, I'm unable to undo or erase if I make a mistake. Am I missing...
  9. Microsoft releases Font Maker app for Windows 10 users

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft releases Font Maker app for Windows 10 users: Microsoft today announced that they have pushed out the new Font Maker app for Windows 10 users in the Microsoft Store. The app is available for download from the Microsoft Store. The Font Maker app, as the name suggests, lets users to create their own fonts. It lets users...
  10. Create Custom Font with Microsoft Font Maker app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Custom Font with Microsoft Font Maker app in Windows 10: How to: Create Custom Font with Microsoft Font Maker app in Windows 10 How to Create Custom Font with Microsoft Font Maker app in Windows 10 A font is a graphical representation of text that may include a different typeface, point size, weight, color, or design. The...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft font maker

2. windows font maker without pen