Windows 10: Microsoft launches new Windows 10 update history page

Discus and support Microsoft launches new Windows 10 update history page in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The new site will include changelogs for each new update, along with details on when the update was released and what the update was called via Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Sumit Dhiman, Feb 9, 2016.

1. Microsoft launches new Windows 10 update history page

Read more:http://www.winbeta.org/news/microsof...e-history-page

:)

Sumit Dhiman, Feb 9, 2016
  2. Phantom32 Win User
    Phantom32, Feb 9, 2016
  3. Windows 10 message you need a new app to open this MS-Get-Started can't get out of safe mode

In my case, after update to the Fall Creators Edition version 1709, on the "View installed update history" page, when I click "See what's new in this update" I instead got the "you need a new app to open this" message, where clicking sometimes took me to
    the store and sometimes did nothing.

Here's my solution.

Click the app button, or otherwise get into the Microsoft Store.

If the store does not suggest it, search for "tips" and select the "Microsoft Tips" app.

The "Microsoft Tips" page will probably say "This product is installed.". This is what you expect. Now click the "Launch" button.

Now you will see the page that should have been displayed when you got the "you need a new app to open this".

When you go back to the "View installed update history" page, when clicking "See what's new in this update", you open the "Microsoft Tips" app.

If you have multiple accounts, you will need to do this for each account. Also, you may have to do this again after another update,

Doug Henderson, Feb 9, 2016
  4. mrgeek Win User

Microsoft launches new Windows 10 update history page

Great news that many have wanted for months now.

mrgeek, Feb 9, 2016
  5. TV2
    TV2 Win User
    'Bout time! Thanks for the link to the link!

6. BunnyJ New Member
    Thanks for posting. good news.. *Smile

BunnyJ, Feb 9, 2016
  7. nice to see what the updates are for and what they are supposed to do

pitbullpup, Feb 9, 2016
  8. lx07 Win User

Thanks for that.

It is a bit odd you have to click on the Successfully installed on d/m/y line rather than the patch name line to get the More info link though. And when you click on More info it doesn't take you to the page with the change details but rather just to this page https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3124262 which only says

It would be much better (especially as it says the KB page "a complete listing of the issues" but doesn't) if you could click on the patch name and it would take you to the relevant part of this page Windows 10 update history - Windows Help.

Perhaps I'm being overly picky though *Rolleyes

Microsoft launches new Windows 10 update history page [​IMG]

lx07, Feb 9, 2016
  9. Intrepid1 Win User
    Microsoft has announced a new Windows 10 Update History website that provides users with detailed information on Windows 10 updates as they are rolled out. *Smile
    "We're committed to our customers and strive to incorporate their feedback, both in how we deliver Windows as a service and the info we provide about Windows 10. In response to this feedback, we’re providing more details about the Windows 10 updates we deliver through Windows Update. You'll see a summary of important product developments included in each update, with links to more details. This page will be regularly refreshed, as new updates are released."

Intrepid1, Feb 9, 2016
  10. hiphopper Win User
    This is certainly long overdue and puts them in line with most major software publisher's procedures. Microsoft has a long history of claiming that such information is more useful to malware makers than it's own users. The thing is, the malware guys are the ones that usually find the bugs before the users ever are warned. At least now we can see when some of the problems are fixed.

Most important, when users experience issues with Windows Updates they can now try to narrow the cause down to specific fixes and help Microsoft and the community correct the issue faster.

Again, something that they would never have done under Gates or Balmer.

Kudos Microsoft and Mr. Nadella.

hiphopper, Feb 10, 2016
  11. b1rd Win User
    Hi Intrepid1, thanks for the link!

Microsoft launches new Windows 10 update history page [​IMG]

12. Bonus Tip:
    Now clicking learn more on Windows update settings would redirect you to the update history page *Smile

Sumit Dhiman, Feb 10, 2016
  13. Intrepid1 Win User

Thanks. Just after I created a bookmark. Microsoft launches new Windows 10 update history page :)

Intrepid1, Feb 10, 2016
  14. Trust_No1 Win User
    This is an improvement, NOW if they only allowed us to selectively chose which upgrade/updates we wanted. If they did that, I might (might) think about installing 10.

Trust_No1, Feb 10, 2016
  15. LEE
    Lee Win User
    Then I won't have anyone to pick on. . .*Wink

Thema:

1. Microsoft launches new Windows 10 update history page - Similar Threads - Microsoft launches update

2. Understanding the new Windows 10 update history experience

in Windows 10 News
    Understanding the new Windows 10 update history experience: This past October, we notified you that we were going to improve the Windows update history experience, particularly with regard to release notes. Our optimization efforts are complete and I'd like to take this opportunity to walk you through the changes and improvements. KB...
  3. Please fix Windows 10, version 1511 update history page

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Please fix Windows 10, version 1511 update history page: Take a look at this page: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4000824 This page sidebar is broken - some updates e.g. KB4088779 are listed multiple times, some e.g. KB4093109 are missing. If you visit this page:...
  4. Windows 10 update titles are not consistent from the update history page to the linked web...

Windows 10 update titles are not consistent from the update history page to the linked web...: I keep a log of changes to my PC for maintenance purposes. I note that I can't copy text from the Win10 update history page for pasting into the logfile. And also... when I follow the link on the update history page, the resulting Windows Support page, where the title can...
  5. File History Windows 10 does not update new files

File History Windows 10 does not update new files: Hello: I have HP Desktop i7 16GB 3TB HD. I Have updated to Win10 P64Bit 1903 To begin with, the main message on this screen is that File History is off. So it might seem logical that the first thing that you should do is click the Turn On button. However, that is a mistake....
  6. Getting to know the Windows update history pages

in Windows 10 News
    Getting to know the Windows update history pages: At Microsoft, our vision for transparency is what drives us to create extensive documentation for every audience. We believe our documentation should reflect the needs of our customers and range from “get started” guides for our various products and solutions to guidance...
  7. Update history under View Update history - Windows 10

Update history under View Update history - Windows 10: My update history shows blank in my PC with Windows 10 for sometime. Please let me know how to correct this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-history-under-view-update-history-windows/be4df636-eef3-4357-83c9-87c30ae1ecf9
  8. windows 10 update history

windows 10 update history: My laptop windows 10 update history which was active before update in April 2018, now shows blank always. How to set it right?Your advise please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-10-update-history/fd44d5e7-db28-4282-a098-f886a8b5d403
  9. Windows 10 new update no have download history

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 new update no have download history: Windows 10 downloaded a new update yesterday. I have no idea what was downloaded. I click on download history and there is no information on what was downloaded. I hate windows 10 as it seems as if my settings are always getting changed. I want my history back I want my...
  10. Windows 10 update history

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 update history: How to display the update history? 15216