Windows 10: Microsoft launching Cloud PC service possibly this summer

Discus and support Microsoft launching Cloud PC service possibly this summer in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; It's been quiet on the Microsoft "Cloud PC" front lately. But it sounds like its debut may be just a couple months away, according to my contacts.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, May 4, 2021.

1. Brink Win User

Microsoft launching Cloud PC service possibly this summer

It's been quiet on the Microsoft "Cloud PC" front lately. But it sounds like its debut may be just a couple months away, according to my contacts.

Microsoft may be targeting June or early July 2021 as the launch date for this virtualized, desktop-as-a-service offering, I'm hearing. Microsoft's annual Inspire partner conference is mid-July this year, and given Microsoft will likely want partners to help sell Cloud PC, this timing makes a lot of sense.

As I reported last year, Cloud PC, codenamed "Project Deschutes," is an Azure-powered service that will enable customers to use their own devices as thin clients that can access a remote Windows desktop and use software like Microsoft Office. Microsoft plans to sell Cloud PC as a managed Microsoft 365 experience at a flat per-user price. This is an important difference to existing Windows Virtual Desktop pricing, which revolves around Azure consumption.

A leak last year indicated that Microsoft might plan to sell a few different Cloud PC subscription options (originally referred to as Medium, Heavy and Advanced -- each offering a different amount of CPU, RAM, and storage).

Read more: Microsoft marches toward launching its 'Cloud PC' service, possibly this summer | ZDNet

:)

Brink, May 4, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Read more: Microsoft marches toward launching its 'Cloud PC' service, possibly this summer | ZDNet

Brink, May 4, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Microsoft is working on an Azure-powered Cloud PC service

Read more: Microsoft is working on an Azure-powered Cloud PC service | ZDNet

Brink, May 4, 2021
  4. labeeman Win User

Windows 10's summer launch date is first step in a slow roll-out

Source

labeeman, May 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Microsoft launching Cloud PC service possibly this summer - Similar Threads - Microsoft launching Cloud

2. Some Microsoft cloud services couldn’t be resolved

in Windows 10 News
    Some Microsoft cloud services couldn’t be resolved: [ATTACH]You may encounter a Windows 11 issue after a successful upgrade, whereby when you start your Windows 11 computer, the system boots successfully, but you receive the connection error message Some Microsoft cloud services couldn’t be resolved. This post is intended to...
  3. Microsoft unveils its "Cloud PC" service Windows 365

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft unveils its "Cloud PC" service Windows 365: Rumors about a new cloud-powered Windows by Microsoft circulated for quite some time. Microsoft put an end to the rumors with today's announcement of Windows 365 Cloud PC, a "hybrid personalized computing" experience. The core difference between regular versions of Windows...
  4. Microsoft unveils Windows 365 Cloud PC service

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft unveils Windows 365 Cloud PC service: Windows 365 will deliver a full, personalized PC experience from the cloud to any device, giving workers and organizations power, simplicity and security for hybrid work. REDMOND, Wash. — July 14, 2021 — Microsoft Corp. on Wednesday announced Windows...
  5. Microsoft leaks Windows 10’s new mysterious “Cloud PC” service

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft leaks Windows 10’s new mysterious “Cloud PC” service: Rumours have suggested that Microsoft is secretly working on a new CloudPC service and its underlying technology will power Win32 apps streaming on Windows 10X. References to Cloud PC were first spotted in a LinkedIn job and very little confirmed information exists, but a new...
  6. Microsoft is working on an Azure-powered Cloud PC service

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is working on an Azure-powered Cloud PC service: Microsoft is building a new desktop-as-a-service offering built on top of Windows Virtual Desktop that could launch as soon as 2021. For years, many of us Microsoft watchers have expected Microsoft to create a true virtualized Windows PC experience. Well, it's happening,...
  7. CLOUD SERVICE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    CLOUD SERVICE: HOW CAN I REMOVE MYSELF FROM CLOUD SERVICE AND GET MY ACCOUNTS TO UPDATE THEMSELVES CORRECTLY ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cloud-service/1828581d-1f93-4eed-b6eb-997376242bd1
  8. Celebrate the summer games with Microsoft

in Windows 10 News
    Celebrate the summer games with Microsoft: The summer games start Friday! Today, we’re sharing some cool ways you can celebrate with Microsoft, from trivia games to watching any event live from your Windows 10 device or Xbox One. Watch the Olympics live with the Official NBC Sports App for Windows 10 and Xbox One –...
  9. Windows 10 Launching This Summer in 190 Countries and 111 Languages

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Launching This Summer in 190 Countries and 111 Languages: Today at the renewed Windows Hardware Engineering Community (WinHEC) summit in Shenzhen, China, I had the honor of speaking about Windows 10 and the innovation and opportunity it offers our valued partners. China is a global epicenter for innovation and we’re excited to be...
  10. Windows 10 to launch 'this summer' with free upgrades even for pirated

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 to launch 'this summer' with free upgrades even for pirated: Microsoft has inched closer to announcing an official release date for Windows 10. The new operating system, which is currently in a public preview release, "will launch in 190 countries and 111 languages around the world this summer," according to the company.Executive Vice...