Windows 10: Microsoft License Verification calls and emails

Discus and support Microsoft License Verification calls and emails in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I've gotten two calls from people claiming to be from MIcrosoft saying I had to participate in some kind of license verification review. Today I got... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Steve Drevik, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Microsoft License Verification calls and emails

I've gotten two calls from people claiming to be from MIcrosoft saying I had to participate in some kind of license verification review.

Today I got an email from a 'microsoft.com' email, but included this nugget:

"During these unprecedented times organizations are focusing on cost optimization. With that in mind MACK ENERGY CORPORATION has been selected by Microsoft to complete aLicense Augmentation Review. This review will cover all your Microsoft software and licensing agreements . Your company may be asked to provide Microsoft with a certification that you either have sufficient licenses to permit usage disclosed by the review or that you have ordered sufficient licenses."

Someone please explain why an oil and gas exploration company would be hired by Microsoft for licensing audits?

Does Microsoft really do this audits / reviews and how do we tell them apart from the scammers?

:)

Steve Drevik, Aug 10, 2020

2. email account hacked. please help

Then I suggest you use it.

TheMailMan78, Aug 10, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Unprompted Microsoft verification text

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Have you enabled two step verification?

• Did you make any changes prior to this issue?

If you have enabled two step verification in the Microsoft account. You’ll get a security code to your email, phone, or authenticator app every time you sign in on a device that isn't trusted.

Refer the link below for more information.

About two-step verification.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/two-step-verification-faq

Security info & security codes.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows/account-security-password-information

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Arun B J, Aug 10, 2020
  4. T Questad Win User

Microsoft License Verification calls and emails

Microsoft License Verification Process - is this Spam?

The company I work for (Datalight, Inc) received a few calls via voicemail, and a follow up email with the title:

"DATALIGHT (xxxxxxx): Microsoft License Verification Process"

...(with an actual number after our company name), as well as 6 attachments including an introduction letter, and a spreadsheet entitled "DS- Depolyment Summary English", and I've seen in the groups here that there are SPAM versions of this email going around,
    and it's unclear to me who to contact at MS to verify if this is valid or not.

As mentioned (and as in prior posts from other people), the emails all contain a spreadsheet to fill in; the email I received is signed as below:

Kind regards

Ash Kumar

Consultant Office: (206) 395 3028 Extn. 9434

Microsoft License Verification Program v-(removed)@microsoft.com

Microsoft respects your privacy. To learn more, please read our Privacy Statement.

Microsoft Corporation | One Microsoft Way | Redmond WA 98052

The "from" email address was From: "Ashish Kumar (Intl Vendor) [mailto:v-(removed)@microsoft.com]" - Is Intl Vendor "International Vendor"?

I'd love to know who to reach out to, so that I can find out if this is a valid request from MS, or some sort of attempt to get copies of our license keys. Can someone from MS advise?

Best Regards,

Tony

T Questad, Aug 10, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft License Verification calls and emails

1. Microsoft License Verification calls and emails - Similar Threads - Microsoft License Verification

2. Problem with verification email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with verification email: I just swapped some parts into my pc and when I tried to log in I put my main email and password for my account. It then sent me to a “verify your identity” tab with a verification code request for an email I don’t have access to anymore. I then tried to change my security...
  3. Microsoft never sends verification code email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft never sends verification code email: I recently purchased a laptop that had Windows 11 on it, and I created a Microsoft account, but I cannot make any changes to my account because it keeps requiring me to enter a verification code to do anything....This is a problem because the verification code can only be...
  4. Microsoft never sends verification code email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft never sends verification code email: I recently purchased a laptop that had Windows 11 on it, and I created a Microsoft account, but I cannot make any changes to my account because it keeps requiring me to enter a verification code to do anything....This is a problem because the verification code can only be...
  5. Email verification issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Email verification issue: HelloI am trying to log into my MS account.I am told a verification email has been sent but i never receive it. I have received emails from MS to this email address before. I need this resolved as i bought MS Office 2021 registered under my current email address and cannot...
  6. Email verification issue

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Email verification issue: HelloI am trying to change the primary email for my Microsoft account.I am told a verification email has been sent but i never receive it. I need this resolved as i bought MS Office 2021 registered under my current email address and cannot use the software until i can log...
  7. Microsoft Verification email address.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft Verification email address.: I have a security problem with my microsoft account.Microsoft continues to offer an old email address of mine for verification even though I have removed that email address.It seems like a security glitch on microsoft accounts.My current email is *** Email address is removed...
  8. Microsoft not sending verification code to email

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft not sending verification code to email: I've yet to see a solution to my problem. I actually went to try and update my security info on my account which requires a second verification after already having logged in with my password, so I chose to send to my email, not my hotmail for some reason, but another...
  9. VERIFICATION EMAILS FROM MICROSOFT

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    VERIFICATION EMAILS FROM MICROSOFT: Has anyone else found that these emails which are sent from Microsoft to tell you that your information has been verified successfully contain 'links' to allow you into your new account, WHICH ARE NOT LIVE. There should be a little dotted line underneath the link to denote...
  10. Phone calls RE: Microsoft License

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Phone calls RE: Microsoft License: I am receiving calls from an automated system advising that it is an emergency that I call a toll free # because my Microsoft License has expired & my computer will be shut down & I will not be able to use it? First of all is this legit. Secondly I didn't know there was a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft license augmentation review