Windows 10: Microsoft Licensing Termination Phishing scam - Phone Call

Discus and support Microsoft Licensing Termination Phishing scam - Phone Call in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Today I have already received two calls originating from my Voicemail telling me that my Microsoft account and licensing agreement was going to be... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ColoradoBTA, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Microsoft Licensing Termination Phishing scam - Phone Call

Today I have already received two calls originating from my Voicemail telling me that my Microsoft account and licensing agreement was going to be terminated because my URL has been compromised in several countries. Just wanted to put it up here in case it happens to anyone else. It is a total scam, hang up right away!

:)

ColoradoBTA, Feb 22, 2019

2. phishing scam?

Hi Marie,

There are different types of Phishing scam, and the one that you received might be probably a
    "Deceptive Phishing" or "System Reconfiguration Attacks". For you to prevent receiving a phishing email and to be more aware about scams, we suggest that you report it by following the steps on this
    link. There are tips as well on the said link on how to determine a phishing email.

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, Feb 22, 2019
  3. LCRT Win User
    Phishing scam

If all the links go to Microsoft websites, how can this be phishing scam?

4. Microsoft Licensing Termination Phishing scam - Phone Call

Phishing scam

Hi Sharon,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Few more details would help us to assist you better.

1. Did you purchase any app from Microsoft store?

2. Did you subscribe to any of the Microsoft services?

If you have not purchased any app/subscribed to any Microsoft service, you may refer to the below reference links and check if it helps.

Reference:

How to recognize phishing email messages, links, or phone calls:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/security/online-privacy/phishing-symptoms.aspx

Phishing: Frequently asked questions:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/security/online-privacy/phishing-faq.aspx

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-vista/phishing-filter-frequently-asked-questions

Email and web scams: How to help protect yourself:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/security/online-privacy/phishing-scams.aspx

Please get back with the above information to assist you better.

Thank you.

Deepak Kodi, Feb 22, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Licensing Termination Phishing scam - Phone Call

1. Microsoft Licensing Termination Phishing scam - Phone Call - Similar Threads - Microsoft Licensing Termination

2. Reporting a scam or phishing phone claiming to be from Microsoft

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Reporting a scam or phishing phone claiming to be from Microsoft: We've had quite a few scam-phishing phone calls to our landline, showing that number and the recorded name says Allison calling from Microsoft. I've heard it a few times and something about the license expiring. I know Microsoft doesn't call and when a product is up for...
  3. Microsoft phone call - Scam?

Microsoft phone call - Scam?: Split from this thread. buy my son and laptop and someone from Microsoft today phone tell someone got is account and I got pay £ 200 to change is i p address account is the right do i pay it. IT ON A NEW LAPTOP HE HAD FOR CHRISTMAS . Can someone help please...
  4. Scam Microsoft phone call.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Scam Microsoft phone call.: Hi, I received a phone call from a pretty obvious scammer who said he worked for Microsoft and that my computer had been hacked and taken over by foreign hackers. I was sure he was a scammer, but was curious to find out what he wanted to do, so played him along for about 30...
  5. SCAM PHONE CALL

SCAM PHONE CALL: I received a call from a Private Number with an Indian accent. He said to me that he was from Microsoft Tech Support and that my computer has been sending them many warning and error messages. I was sketchy and asked him, is this a scam, and he kept saying no it isn't and...
  6. Phone Scam call

Phone Scam call: I received a call message from someone telling me that my computer had been compromised and the strange thing is that the caller id was my home phone number calling me on my home phone? Then just a few minutes ago it happened again. I answered the phone this time and was...
  7. Scam phone calls

Scam phone calls: I've received several phone calls this morning using my home phone number to contact me saying that my Microsoft license and IP address will be shut off in 48 hour if I don't stay on the line and speak to someone from Microsoft. It was a robotic voice on the phone calling...
  8. scam phone calls

scam phone calls: I received a phone call yesterday from an Asian sounding man who gave an English name. He told me that he was from Microsoft and the had received messages on my computer about fraud etc. I stopped him there, told I knew it was a scam and he should get lost and hung up on...
  9. Is this a scam phone call?

Is this a scam phone call?: I am receiving phone call from my own cell number, They tell me they need to change my ip address because my computer has been compromised by other countries. is this a scam or should I respond?...
  10. scam phone call

scam phone call: I am receiving phone call from my own cell number, They tell me they need to change my ip address because my computer has been compromised by other countries. is this a scam or should I respond?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft scam calls about cancelling license

2. microsoft account termination scam

3. scam we are terminating your microsoft license

4. SCAM CALLS RE: COMPUTER SERVICES AND WILL DEDUCT $ FROM MY ACCOUNT,
  5. microsoft license phone scam 2019