Windows 10: Microsoft LifeCam HD 5001 not working with compatibility setting

Discus and support Microsoft LifeCam HD 5001 not working with compatibility setting in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've been trying to install LifeCam 3.5 or 3.6 app for my MICROSOFT Life Cam HD5001 in Windows 10 and keep getting the message about Security. I tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TinaHolden, Jun 17, 2019.

1. Microsoft LifeCam HD 5001 not working with compatibility setting

I've been trying to install LifeCam 3.5 or 3.6 app for my MICROSOFT Life Cam HD5001 in Windows 10 and keep getting the message about Security. I tried other recommendations to try and run it as an earlier version of Windows, ie 7, but still get the same message. Seems everyone still has that problem and considering Microsoft still sells these cameras, there should be some kind of UPDATE to help us run the programs.

Using "camera" does NOT allow us to change Zoom or Brightness or any kind of feature that the Webcam software came with and that we're unable to run. No wonder we hate Windows 10.

Is there ANY sort of software that will allow me to use the full function of the this Web Cam?? or do I have to go out and purchase yet another camera? currently it's completely out of focus and YES, the driver is UPDATED.

Hopefully someone has an answer or suggestion of what else to try here...

:)

TinaHolden, Jun 17, 2019
  2. Vanilla_ Win User

LifeCam HD-5001 not working on Windows 10

Recently found an old LifeCam HD-5001 with everything inside while I was cleaning up my closet. Everything is still in shape but when I try to set it up on my Laptop, it says "This app can't run on this PC" underneath that it says "LifeCam does not work
    on this version of Windows. An updated app may be available." I go to this link https://www.microsoft.com/accessories/en-us/d/lifecam-hd-5001 and downloaded the Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit) firmware update and Lifecam 3.6 both saying "This app can't run on
    this PC, LifeCam does not work on this version of Windows. An updated app may be available."

Any solutions?

Vanilla_, Jun 17, 2019
  3. LifeCam HD-5001 Disable Autofocus

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

LifeCam doesn’t have driver for Windows 10. I suggest you to update the LifeCam Driver from the following link and install the driver in the compatibility mode and verify the result.

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/d/lifecam-hd-5000

To install in Compatibility Mode, follow these steps:

a.Place the applications installation file on the Desktop.

b. Right-click on the application, and then click Properties.

c. In the Package Name Properties dialog box, click the
    Compatibility tab

d. Click to select the Run this program in compatibility mode for check box, click Windows 7 with which it is compatible with in the
    Run this program in compatibility mode for list, and then click
    OK

Hope this helps. Please get back to us if the issue is not solved we will be glad to help you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Jun 17, 2019
  4. gcouchco Win User

Microsoft LifeCam HD 5001 not working with compatibility setting

MS HD 5001 Lifecam error

I have a MS HD 5001 Lifecam works fine with other video software(Skype) , but when I try to start it with its own software I get a message “initialisation error” can you offer any advice please.

gcouchco, Jun 17, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft LifeCam HD 5001 not working with compatibility setting

1. Microsoft LifeCam HD 5001 not working with compatibility setting - Similar Threads - Microsoft LifeCam 5001

2. Microsoft LifeCam HD-3000

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft LifeCam HD-3000: I have just installed the above LifeCam and find that it cannot be set to use it to sign into Microsoft process, is there something I should do to make it work.Thank youRobert Wells...
  3. Microsoft LifeCam HD-3000

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft LifeCam HD-3000: I have just installed the above LifeCam and find that it cannot be set to use it to sign into Microsoft process, is there something I should do to make it work.Thank youRobert Wells...
  4. Microsoft LifeCam HD-3000

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft LifeCam HD-3000: Hi, I have a problem in that I am unable to adjust the brightness in the Windows 10 camera app. I go into the camera app settings and turn on Pro Mode which then gives me a brightness button which shows a number representing brightness from 30 to 255. When I click on this...
  5. Broken driver links for LifeCam HD-5001 on Microsoft website

Broken driver links for LifeCam HD-5001 on Microsoft website: There are two issues with my lifecam HD-5001. The lifecam microphone volume is too low and it constantly does auto focus. When I looked up online for any driver updates, I noticed that the driver links on Microsoft website below are broken 404 Error....
  6. Microsoft Lifecam 5001 no longer recognized in Windows 10

Microsoft Lifecam 5001 no longer recognized in Windows 10: After the recent windows updates my Microsoft Lifecam 5001 is no longer recognized by windows. Windows 10 does not even see this as a camera / mic any longer instead i see a "Unknown USB Device Port Reset Failed" with a yellow triangle in the device manager. 1. I have tried...
  7. Lifecam HD-5001 stopped working

Lifecam HD-5001 stopped working: I can only think this is after an update, my webcam now appears in other devices and when i try to update the driver i am told windows found the drivers for my device but had an error trying to install them, if i know the manufacturers i should check there website. Tried...
  8. Microsoft LifeCam HD 3000

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft LifeCam HD 3000: I have just purchased a microsoft lifecam HD-3000 and have just loaded the hardware to install the device - it says that it is not compatible with Windows 10. Does anyone have any workarounds or tech advice you could help me with please? Thanks in advance...
  9. MS HD 5001 Lifecam error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MS HD 5001 Lifecam error: I have a MS HD 5001 Lifecam works fine with other video software(Skype) , but when I try to start it with its own software I get a message “initialisation error” can you offer any advice please....
  10. Microsoft LifeCam Cinema HD

Microsoft LifeCam Cinema HD: How do i install a LifeCam Cinema HD on Windows 10? There are no instructions. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/microsoft-lifecam-cinema-hd/e94033f4-f4e0-4e26-96ce-868ccf132a88

Users found this page by searching for:

1. life cam hd 5001 will not do video

2. hd 5001 zoom failed to start video

3. Lifecam hd5001 not working

4. lifecam 3.6 cant runon windows