Windows 10: Microsoft Lifecam Studio Webcam not being recognized by Windows 10

Discus and support Microsoft Lifecam Studio Webcam not being recognized by Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The first time I plugged my Microsoft Lifecam Studio Webcam to my laptop, everything worked perfectly fine. I went on a discord call with a friend to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mezurashi, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Mezurashi Win User

Microsoft Lifecam Studio Webcam not being recognized by Windows 10

The first time I plugged my Microsoft Lifecam Studio Webcam to my laptop, everything worked perfectly fine. I went on a discord call with a friend to make sure everything was okay, and it was. A couple of hours later, I try the camera again but this time it doesn't work. It looks like it's not even being recognized by the computer. I went on Device Manager, didn't appear. I went to Control Panel to try and troubleshoot it, didn't appear. I've spent hours looking for an answer online, but nothing comes up. Genuinely need help asap :

- Jose

:)

Mezurashi, Jul 1, 2020

2. Microsoft lifecam studio not working

Hey, I purchased a LifeCam Studio a few months ago and stopped using it due to "Device being used by another application." on skype, chrome, and I get an error code when I open the camera app. I'm using the latest version of windows 10.. In device manager,
    it is no longer recognized as "Lifecam studio", but rather as "WebCam".

"Device USB\VID_0603&PID_8130&MI_00\7&1d550a75&0&0000 requires further installation." is information about the device's events. The drivers' dates are from 2006-06-21, which I believe are the generic microsoft webcam drivers. I suspect that the webcam is no
    longer recognized as the lifecam studio for some reason. Please help!

Elliot2015, Jul 1, 2020
  3. Linney Win User
    LifeCam Studio Software is not Working in Windows 10

Microsoft LifeCam Studio Driver 4.25.532.0 for Windows 10

Download Microsoft LifeCam Studio Driver 4.25.532.0 for Windows 10

Microsoft Life cam

Microsoft Life cam - Windows 10 Help Forums

I see this listed on the following page as being compatible with Windows 10.

LifeCam Studio -Part number: Q2F-00001

Hardware Compatibility - Upgrading to Windows 10?

Use the compatibility chart to find out which products are compatible.

https://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-au/support/compatibility

There may not be, or need be, any software to install at all?

With your LifeCam connected what happens when you click on "Camera" in the "All Apps" list? If it is there, and if it opens (big ifs) are there three dots showing that are clickable and take you to "Settings"?

Linney, Jul 1, 2020
  4. Microsoft Lifecam Studio Webcam not being recognized by Windows 10

Microsoft LifeCam Studio

GOOD MORNING

Thanks for responding to my question. My LifeCam Studio is not downloading properly. I've tried every recommendation given and no success.

If I may: I run windows10 PRO on a Gateway SX2855 Desktop. In Installing the webcam, links tell me of the installing and completion of install of the LifeCam Studio. When I open the camera link I see myself on screen with directions to operate the installed
    Camera although there would be no image without the LifeCam Studio being installed, there are no features, controls, etc, nothing relating to the LifeCam Studio.

In Programs and Features there is no mention of the LifeCam Studio Although, I found it in Device Manager! I can find no LifeCam Studio software or mention of it on my computer. I have followed the link for "LifeCam Updates", the link goes back and forth
    telling me to "make sure that the LifeCam is connected". I do, and nothing happens.

Now I've done all the 'uninstalls and installs' I can think of and the ones I've been instructed to do. I've even bought a Driver Update service. So, please help me if you can. I'm open to any suggestions you may have.

A final though: Do I have a defective Camera?

Bill Gibbs

WILLIAM HGIBBS JR, Jul 1, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Lifecam Studio Webcam not being recognized by Windows 10

1. Microsoft Lifecam Studio Webcam not being recognized by Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Microsoft Lifecam Studio

2. Lifecam Studio webcam Software for Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lifecam Studio webcam Software for Windows 11: For those that have a Lifecam Studio WebCam, I can say I went to install the software on my Windows 11 Dell and it said that it was outdated. I took the disk out and plugged the camera into the USB on the computer and one and done. My camera works and the mic works on it...
  3. Lifecam Studio webcam Software for Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lifecam Studio webcam Software for Windows 11: For those that have a Lifecam Studio WebCam, I can say I went to install the software on my Windows 11 Dell and it said that it was outdated. I took the disk out and plugged the camera into the USB on the computer and one and done. My camera works and the mic works on it...
  4. Lifecam Studio webcam drivers not on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lifecam Studio webcam drivers not on Windows 11: Windows 11 doesn't have the Microsoft lifecam studio webcam drivers and I can't find it online. Anyone else have this issue and resolve it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lifecam-studio-webcam-drivers-not-on-windows-11/831bc8ef-eaf7-4c6e-b33a-26b49529f47d
  5. Lifecam Studio webcam drivers not on Windows 11

Lifecam Studio webcam drivers not on Windows 11: Windows 11 doesn't have the Microsoft lifecam studio webcam drivers and I can't find it online. Anyone else have this issue and resolve it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lifecam-studio-webcam-drivers-not-on-windows-11/831bc8ef-eaf7-4c6e-b33a-26b49529f47d
  6. Microsoft LifeCam Studio Webcam Randomly Stops Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft LifeCam Studio Webcam Randomly Stops Working: I've had a Microsoft LifeCam Studio Webcam for over a year with a strange problem. About once a month it randomly stops working for a day or two, then begins working again all of a sudden. This has been occuring more often now, more than once a week. Replugging the device...
  7. LifeCam Studio Webcam

LifeCam Studio Webcam: I accidentally removed the webcam device from the control panel and i do not know how to get it back, when i try use it there is an image for a second but then a black screen, it is listed in device manager but i dont know what to do, need help ASAP, need the webcam for...
  8. Webcam Microsoft Lifecam Studio 1080 Hd Software

Webcam Microsoft Lifecam Studio 1080 Hd Software: Hi dear friends of Microsoft Recently, I bought a Microsoft Lifecam Studio 1080p HD; it came without the software CD. I searched through the web, trying to find the software to no success. I found some on this page:...
  9. Microsoft LifeCam Studio

Microsoft LifeCam Studio: My Microsoft LifeCam Studio is having an issue where the blue led on top won't turn off I have used Windows+X to get to the device manager and nothing has worked to get it to turn off even after I have removed all drivers and possibly malicious software. If someone could help...
  10. Lifecam studio webcam can't run on Windows

Lifecam studio webcam can't run on Windows: I'm trying to use my Microsoft LifeCam studio webcam on Windows 10 version 1909, I can view the cam in skype and the camera app on edge but I don't have control over the cam including zoom, pan and tilt. When I attempt to install the software for the cam I receive a message...