Windows 10: Microsoft LifeCam Studio Webcam Randomly Stops Working

Discus and support Microsoft LifeCam Studio Webcam Randomly Stops Working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've had a Microsoft LifeCam Studio Webcam for over a year with a strange problem. About once a month it randomly stops working for a day or two, then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SkittyTheDog, Aug 10, 2021.

1. Microsoft LifeCam Studio Webcam Randomly Stops Working

I've had a Microsoft LifeCam Studio Webcam for over a year with a strange problem. About once a month it randomly stops working for a day or two, then begins working again all of a sudden. This has been occuring more often now, more than once a week. Replugging the device comes up with "USB device not recognised. The last USB device you connected to the computer malfunctioned and Windows does not recognise it." In the Device Manager it comes up with "Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed." I've tried restarting the PC, replugging the webcam, reinstalling the driver, and checkin

:)

SkittyTheDog, Aug 10, 2021

2. Microsoft lifecam studio not working

Hey, I purchased a LifeCam Studio a few months ago and stopped using it due to "Device being used by another application." on skype, chrome, and I get an error code when I open the camera app. I'm using the latest version of windows 10.. In device manager,
    it is no longer recognized as "Lifecam studio", but rather as "WebCam".

"Device USB\VID_0603&PID_8130&MI_00\7&1d550a75&0&0000 requires further installation." is information about the device's events. The drivers' dates are from 2006-06-21, which I believe are the generic microsoft webcam drivers. I suspect that the webcam is no
    longer recognized as the lifecam studio for some reason. Please help!

Elliot2015, Aug 10, 2021
  3. how to get a new lifecam studio webcam to work in windows 10

Hi Keningignoli,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1) Have you installed the drivers which are necessary for new LifeCam studio webcam to work?

If not, I suggest you to install the drivers and check if it helps.

I suggest you to update the graphics card drivers/display drivers from manufacturer website and check if it resolves the issue.

• Open Device Manager.

• Expand ‘Display Adapter’.

• Locate the display driver.

• Right-click on the display card listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’

Hope it helps.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Aug 10, 2021
  4. Microsoft LifeCam Studio Webcam Randomly Stops Working

Microsoft LifeCam Studio

Will a Microsoft LifeCam Studio 2.0 webcam install properly into a computer with only 3.0 ports?

Are there converters of any kind that works?

[Moved: Windows / Apps on Windows 10 / Camera]

WILLIAM HGIBBS JR, Aug 10, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft LifeCam Studio Webcam Randomly Stops Working

1. Microsoft LifeCam Studio Webcam Randomly Stops Working - Similar Threads - Microsoft LifeCam Studio

2. Lifecam Studio webcam Software for Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lifecam Studio webcam Software for Windows 11: For those that have a Lifecam Studio WebCam, I can say I went to install the software on my Windows 11 Dell and it said that it was outdated. I took the disk out and plugged the camera into the USB on the computer and one and done. My camera works and the mic works on it...
  3. Lifecam Studio webcam Software for Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lifecam Studio webcam Software for Windows 11: For those that have a Lifecam Studio WebCam, I can say I went to install the software on my Windows 11 Dell and it said that it was outdated. I took the disk out and plugged the camera into the USB on the computer and one and done. My camera works and the mic works on it...
  4. Microsoft LifeCam Studio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft LifeCam Studio: purchased above model No 1425 in May 2022. Camera is not working. turns on when plugged in the disappears after few minutes. logged call with work IT. They have looked internally in my computer. tried camera on another computer but doing the same thing. Advised it is a...
  5. LifeCam Studio Webcam

LifeCam Studio Webcam: I accidentally removed the webcam device from the control panel and i do not know how to get it back, when i try use it there is an image for a second but then a black screen, it is listed in device manager but i dont know what to do, need help ASAP, need the webcam for...
  6. Microsoft Lifecam Studio Webcam not being recognized by Windows 10

Microsoft Lifecam Studio Webcam not being recognized by Windows 10: The first time I plugged my Microsoft Lifecam Studio Webcam to my laptop, everything worked perfectly fine. I went on a discord call with a friend to make sure everything was okay, and it was. A couple of hours later, I try the camera again but this time it doesn't work. It...
  7. Webcam Microsoft Lifecam Studio 1080 Hd Software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Webcam Microsoft Lifecam Studio 1080 Hd Software: Hi dear friends of Microsoft Recently, I bought a Microsoft Lifecam Studio 1080p HD; it came without the software CD. I searched through the web, trying to find the software to no success. I found some on this page:...
  8. Microsoft LifeCam Studio

Microsoft LifeCam Studio: My Microsoft LifeCam Studio is having an issue where the blue led on top won't turn off I have used Windows+X to get to the device manager and nothing has worked to get it to turn off even after I have removed all drivers and possibly malicious software. If someone could help...
  9. Lifecam studio webcam can't run on Windows

Lifecam studio webcam can't run on Windows: I'm trying to use my Microsoft LifeCam studio webcam on Windows 10 version 1909, I can view the cam in skype and the camera app on edge but I don't have control over the cam including zoom, pan and tilt. When I attempt to install the software for the cam I receive a message...
  10. Microsoft LifeCam Studio

Microsoft LifeCam Studio: I have a Microsoft LifeCam Studio. I also use Windows 10. I am trying to use the camera to stream to twitch. It keeps freezing. it used to only freeze like after an hour or so and i would just let it sit for a few minutes and plug it in and it would be okay. but it gradually...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft lifecam studio freezes