Windows 10: Microsoft lifts Windows 10 version 1903 upgrade block for more PCs

Discus and support Microsoft lifts Windows 10 version 1903 upgrade block for more PCs in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft maintains a list of known issues and upgrade blocks for Windows 10 version 1903. With the latest Patch Tuesday update, Microsoft appears to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jul 12, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft lifts Windows 10 version 1903 upgrade block for more PCs

Microsoft maintains a list of known issues and upgrade blocks for Windows 10 version 1903. With the latest Patch Tuesday update, Microsoft appears to have lifted the upgrade block for Windows 10 May 2019 Update, or version 1903, allowing more users to install the latest stable version.

On July 11, 2019, Microsoft revealed that it has resolved three issues affecting a group of Windows 10 devices.

Previously, users who attached external USB devices or memory card were being blocked from installing Windows 10 May 2019 Update. Affected users were getting an error message that stated this PC can’t be upgraded to Windows 10.

Microsoft says it has addressed a bug that caused inappropriate drive reassignment during installation. The safeguard hold aka upgrade block has been removed and you should see Windows 10 version 1903 on Windows Update page in 48 hours or more.

Similarly, Microsoft has also removed the upgrade block affecting users with Dolby Atmos headphones and home theater.

Another bug that may have caused loss of functionality using the Dynabook Smartphone Link app on Windows 10 version 1903 has been resolved.

“This issue is now resolved and the safeguard hold has been removed. Please note, it can take up to 48 hours before you can update to Window 10, version 1903,” Microsoft noted in the support document.

Microsoft lifts Windows 10 version 1903 upgrade block for more PCs Windows-10-v1903-upgrade.jpg

Microsoft has resolved most of the issues hitting Windows 10 May 2019 Update. Unlike the previous releases, Windows 10 version 1903 offered a smoother and better upgrade experience, contributing to fewer mistakes.

The post Microsoft lifts Windows 10 version 1903 upgrade block for more PCs appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jul 12, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 12, 2019
  3. skippy258 Win User
    DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

this search might help you https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sou...o+to+get+it+activated+windows+10+blocked+keys

From http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/why-activate-windows-10

If you upgraded to Windows 10 for free and ended up in a non-activated state, try following these steps:

• Go to Start
      Microsoft lifts Windows 10 version 1903 upgrade block for more PCs [​IMG]
      , then select Settings > Update & security > Activation.
    • Select Go to Store, and check to see if a valid license is available for your device. If a license isn't available, you'll need to buy Windows from the Store.

Note
      • This only applies if you haven't made changes to the hardware for your device.

or you could hack it with a crack but please note this is always risky and you don't know what's in the hack

skippy258, Jul 12, 2019
  4. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Jul 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Microsoft lifts Windows 10 version 1903 upgrade block for more PCs - Similar Threads - Microsoft lifts version

2. Microsoft lifts upgrade blocks ahead of Windows 10 21H1 rollout

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft lifts upgrade blocks ahead of Windows 10 21H1 rollout: For the first time since last October, Windows 10 feature updates are no longer blocked for most users. Microsoft’s latest move could help those stuck on Windows 10 version 1909 and upgrade to Windows 10 version 2004 or 20H2, which were released in May 2020 and October 2020...
  3. Upgrading windows 10 to version 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading windows 10 to version 1903: I have been trying to upgrade my machine for the last two months on and off, and it is currently getting stuck at 60% and reports that it is unable to install some windows components. I have run setupdiag and it gives me the error: SetupDiag reports rollback failure found....
  4. Windows 10 CPU block with version 1903

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 CPU block with version 1903: Hi guys, After the newest update in september I experiencing a really annoying issue... It seems the system is blocking my CPU usage. It's not the typical high CPU usage problem, but the opposite of it. Like my programs used 70-80% of my CPU in total. After the update...
  5. Microsoft plans to lift another Windows 10 v1903 upgrade block

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft plans to lift another Windows 10 v1903 upgrade block: There’s a new optional update for PCs with Windows 10 May 2019 Update and it advances the systems to Build 18362.329. Windows 10 KB4512941 comes with a long list of quality improvements, including fixes for a bug that broke Windows Sandbox and Remote Desktop connection. It...
  6. Microsoft promises fix for Windows 10 version 1903 upgrade block

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft promises fix for Windows 10 version 1903 upgrade block: Microsoft recently announced a new upgrade block for Windows 10 version 1903 (May 2019 Update) on PCs with outdated Intel RST drivers. The Redmond firm has been recommending users to install the newer versions of the drivers before deploying Windows 10 version 1903 on their...
  7. Microsoft confirms 2 new Windows 10 version 1903 upgrade blocks

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft confirms 2 new Windows 10 version 1903 upgrade blocks: Microsoft removed three upgrade blocks from the list of issues affecting upgrades to the company's Windows 10 version 1903 operating system. We noted in yesterday|s article that users were facing new issues that Microsoft had not confirmed officially at the time even though...
  8. Windows 10 version 1903: some upgrade blocks lifted and new problems

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 version 1903: some upgrade blocks lifted and new problems: Microsoft released the final version of Windows 10 version 1903, the May 2019 Update, at the end of May 2019. The release replaces Windows 10 version 1809 and will be around for longer because Windows 10 19H2, the second feature update of 2019, will just be a cumulative...
  9. windows 10 version 1903 upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 version 1903 upgrade: Error code: (0x80070570) when installing windows 10. I have tried to update 3 times. What is wrong? Email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-version-1903-upgrade/14f69610-895c-4c77-bd52-8bc8507e77d2
  10. Microsoft is blocking Windows 10 version 1803 on PCs with Avast Antivirus

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is blocking Windows 10 version 1803 on PCs with Avast Antivirus: While the experience with Windows 10 April 2018 Update on the majority of devices has been smooth and flawless, but we’re seeing the reports of the update bricking some computers. The report indicates that the systems with Avast Antivirus solution have experienced a blank...