Windows 10: Microsoft, listen up! Wifi disconnected - an old problem apparently?

Discus and support Microsoft, listen up! Wifi disconnected - an old problem apparently? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Microsoft, listen up! How come this "Wifi disabled" problem has been around for several years? (according to this forum) One would think that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by IngemarSävfors, Feb 27, 2019.

1. Microsoft, listen up! Wifi disconnected - an old problem apparently?

Microsoft, listen up!

How come this "Wifi disabled" problem has been around for several years? (according to this forum) One would think that Microsoft had addressed it at least in Windows 10 and its updates.

If it is a hardware problem, for example a broken network card, the Device Manager should not say "this device works fine..."

After trying all the described trouble shooting methods suggested it this forum the last solution seems to buy a new PC! Maybe a Mac instead?

Pity, when everything else works fine.

Your exhausted Ingemar

:)

IngemarSävfors, Feb 27, 2019

2. Wifi continuously disconnects

This just started happening only a few days ago, I'm not sure what might have caused it, but my laptop will suddenly disconnect from my wifi network. sometimes it won't disconnect, but just stop receiving/sending packets. I can tell this because suddenly my pages are stuck loading and skype is trying to reconnect, but nothing happens until I manually disconnect.

I have tried
    • Troubleshooting
      Microsoft, listen up! Wifi disconnected - an old problem apparently? [​IMG]
      But I usually get "Your proxy setting could not be recognized" or something, even though I don't have any proxy settings.
    • Uninstalling and then reinstalling the latest driver for my wifi card
    • disabling power saving for the wifi card as talked about here
    • Everything mentioned on the Microsoft page here

This has been driving me crazy, ethernet works fine. I can connect my phone to wifi and tether it to my laptop, so this shouldn't be a problem with the router.

JuanPotato, Feb 27, 2019
  3. Try3 Win User
    WiFi not automatically disconnecting when out of range

Gunnart,

I had a similar refusal to disconnect from a WiFi profile and I solved it.
    - In my particular case, the unwanted network was still in range so I cannot say for certain that my symptoms were exactly the same as yours but they were certainly consistent with yours.
    - The solution is not a destructive one so I do suggest you try it.

1 I turned WiFi off then repeated the fairly standard step of removing existing WiFi profiles - Settings, Networks, WiFi, Manage known networks, <select each one in turn>, Forget. Arguably, I could have just done this for the problem network but I was probably not thinking straight at the time.

2 I then opened RegEdit, went to
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\NetworkList\Profiles
    and deleted every subkey that referred to a WiFi network profile. Again, arguably, I could just have deleted all those that referred to the problem network.

3 I then turned WiFi back on and started from scratch detecting then connecting to the networks I wanted to use. There has been no repetition of the problem.

Some further commentary
    A I had changed my internet connection device but had re-used the same network name on the new one.
    B There were no strange entries in the list in Settings [step 1 above] & I quite wrongly thought that forgetting them represented a complete clearout.
    C When I looked the Registry key [my step 2 above], I found that there were two subkeys with the relevant network name in the Description line.
    - In one case, the same network name was repeated in the ProfileName line
    - But the other entry contained a Profilename entry that had the expected network name with a suffix [2] after it.
    - So my re-use of the name had been identified by Windows after all [I had just been trying to reduce the number of changes I had to work through when I swapped devices and had not thought there could be side-effects].

Best of luck,
    Denis

4. Not Happy Win User

Microsoft, listen up! Wifi disconnected - an old problem apparently?

Streaming music on bluetooth disconnects wifi

Having upgraded form 8.1 to Windows 10 I now find that streaming music on bluetooth disconnects wifi. It does this every time within a few minuets. (Bluetooth and Adapter drivers are up to date.) I have changed the virgin super hub from channel 1 to 12 but problem remains)
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks
    Jake

Not Happy, Feb 27, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft, listen up! Wifi disconnected - an old problem apparently?

1. Microsoft, listen up! Wifi disconnected - an old problem apparently? - Similar Threads - Microsoft listen Wifi

2. Wifi disconnection and No Internet problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi disconnection and No Internet problem: So basically, whenever I use my Windows 11 laptop, every now and then, my wifi disconnects and says "No Internet". The internet works fine and has no speed issues. Also the other devices work fine, it's only this laptop that has this problem. When I try the troubleshooter, it...
  3. Wifi disconnection and No Internet problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi disconnection and No Internet problem: So basically, whenever I use my Windows 11 laptop, every now and then, my wifi disconnects and says "No Internet". The internet works fine and has no speed issues. Also the other devices work fine, it's only this laptop that has this problem. When I try the troubleshooter, it...
  4. Still problem with WIFI disconnecting on Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Still problem with WIFI disconnecting on Sleep: Have read and executed MANY suggestions to solve the problem of my WIFI not waking up from sleep when my other laptop attempts to access it over WIFI.Importantly, I have Windows 11 Home, NOT Windows 10.In particular, I have followed the instructions found in this...
  5. Microsoft needs to listen to people and fix the problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft needs to listen to people and fix the problem: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-update-tozo-t6-earbuds-no-longer-have/57c16342-66db-47f9-9184-d88c3ddf7fca?page=1It has been months since this problem was discovered. Confirmed by tons of people. I've experienced it too. Fix it. They work on...
  6. Microsoft needs to listen to people and fix the problem

Microsoft needs to listen to people and fix the problem: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-update-tozo-t6-earbuds-no-longer-have/57c16342-66db-47f9-9184-d88c3ddf7fca?page=1It has been months since this problem was discovered. Confirmed by tons of people. I've experienced it too. Fix it. They work on...
  7. Windows 10 Wifi disconnection problem

Windows 10 Wifi disconnection problem: My laptop's wifi is randomly disconnected from the router router is fine, because another "Windows 10" laptop is still connected to the same routerDoes anyone know about this?Thanks...
  8. Windows 10 Wifi disconnection problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Wifi disconnection problem: My laptop's wifi is randomly disconnected from the router router is fine, because another "Windows 10" laptop is still connected to the same routerDoes anyone know about this?Thanks...
  9. Wifi Disconnection problem When moved

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi Disconnection problem When moved: I have an Asus TUF FX505DT and Its wifi constantly turns off whenever I physically move the laptop. Only way I can fix this temporary is when I reinstall the drivers or WiFi reset. This sometimes takes me multpile Wifi resets to actually get it working and each reset is 5...
  10. Hey Microsoft, Listen Up.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hey Microsoft, Listen Up.: [ATTACH] So... I have one teensy tiny question. Are all Windows 10 devices complete crap? First of all, my CPU ramps up to 100% every time I move the mouse, and this is a $400 laptop. I can’t even run two tabs of google chrome while listening to music. Second, I had to...