Windows 10: microsoft live vs hotmail issue

Discus and support microsoft live vs hotmail issue in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hullo there. I've looked in the forum, and I didn't see anything quite like this that I could tell, but maybe I'm searching for the wrong keywords.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BekiD, Jun 16, 2020.

1. BekiD Win User

microsoft live vs hotmail issue

Hullo there.

I've looked in the forum, and I didn't see anything quite like this that I could tell, but maybe I'm searching for the wrong keywords. Anyway, here's my situation.

We recently got a new desktop computer and my husband set it up using my sister's hotmail account as the microsoft live account. Since then, her laptop wasn't allowing her to access some websites etc. So, I had turned off sync on both the new desktop and her laptop (both are running win10) thinking that was the problem. It partially fixed it, but not totally.

I had created a new email account and moved the microsoft live account over to it. Since then, she has not been able to log into her hotmail account. It tells her it doesn't exist. According to the microsoft forums, her hotmail account should not have been affected.

I did log into the live account to try to change it back to her hotmail account and it tells me I couldn't access it and that the email account is on a reserved domain. The outlook account that is associated with the live account has her hotmail emails in it. So at least I know I can retrieve them for her. However, she really needs that account to work as it is where her medical team contacts her.

I tried to use account.live.com/resetpassword.apx to recover her hotmail account, but I was told that they didn't have enough information. I filled out the form again, and got a generic email that said I would hear back from them in 24 hours if they can recover it.

So, if it can't be recovered there, is there something else I can do? I am strongly considering doing a format and reload on the desktop, but that doesn't fix the hotmail issue. And to be honest, since everything is tied to the live account, I am not sure that will fix the issue since the two computers seem to be tied even though the synch is turned off. Any thoughts as to the wisest course of action to get the two computers working without synching up?

Thanks!

:)

BekiD, Jun 16, 2020
  2. malware Win User

Microsoft Launches Windows Live Hotmail Worldwide

Microsoft Corp. today announced that Windows Live Hotmail, the successor to MSN Hotmail, is launching globally in 36 languages. Windows Live Hotmail will deliver a safer, more powerful and productive e-mail experience than previous versions with flexible access via the Web, on a mobile phone or with an e-mail client. As Windows Live Hotmail begins rolling out on May 7 and continues over the coming days, consumers will be able to visit Outlook – free personal email and calendar from Microsoft to sign up for a new Windows Live Hotmail account. Current MSN Hotmail customers can also update their existing account to Windows Live Hotmail by logging into their account and clicking on the green Join Windows Live Hotmail button. Later this month Windows Live Hotmail customers will also be able to access their Windows Live Hotmail e-mail and contacts for free using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 or Office Outlook 2007 via the new Microsoft Office Outlook Connector beta.

Source: Microsoft

malware, Jun 16, 2020
  3. Microsoft Launches Windows Live Hotmail Worldwide

That your answer? *Wink microsoft live vs hotmail issue ;)

Jimmy 2004, Jun 16, 2020
  4. Rodster Win User

Microsoft Launches Windows Live Hotmail Worldwide

Yup i'm with ya. I don't like Hotmail live at all. They turned it into outlook lite. I quit the beta as well because the morons forgot "print view" in the new hotmail, plus the old htmail was just easier to use.

Well it looks like Microsoft is batting a 1000% these days. First they give us the crap OS known as Vista and now Hotmail Live. *Nutkick :nutkick:

Rodster, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

1. microsoft live vs hotmail issue - Similar Threads - microsoft live hotmail

2. Windows Live Hotmail Lis

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Live Hotmail Lis: I want to use PayPal to pay my 19.95 annual charge for Windows Live Hotmail Plus. PayPal appears appears in the list of methods I can use to pay but it is not :"linked." How do I pay this subscription with PayPal?...
  3. microsoft live vs hotmail issue

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    microsoft live vs hotmail issue: Hullo there. I've looked in the forum, and I didn't see anything quite like this that I could tell, but maybe I'm searching for the wrong keywords. Anyway, here's my situation. We recently got a new desktop computer and my husband set it up using my sister's hotmail...
  4. hotmail issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    hotmail issues: I dont know how to take care of a message i got from microsoft , which reads one or more folders in my mailbox. I dont even know whats this means. also there are two email adresses that are supposed to be seperate. one gmail, one hotmail...
  5. Outlook Live (Hotmail) SPAM filtering

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook Live (Hotmail) SPAM filtering: Over the weekend either Microsoft changed something or they have a problem with SPAM filtering. I had my filters set for maximum junk mail filtering and its been working OK for years. Now most of the junk mail is showing up in my inbox. I haven't changed any settings. 148858
  6. Microsoft Live (formerly Hotmail) safe senders and block senders doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Live (formerly Hotmail) safe senders and block senders doesn't work: First the safe senders. I added the domain "UPS.com" to the safe senders list, yet every email that comes in to inform me of the status of my deliveries from ups.com goes to my junk folder. I even added "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***" to the safe lists section....
  7. microsoft vs windows live photo

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    microsoft vs windows live photo: Microsoft has blocked my load engine on windows live photo site. I do not want to use their photo site. I want my windows live photo site and be able to load my photos there. This is terrible and totally unfair....
  8. Hotmail log in issues

in Browsers and Email
    Hotmail log in issues: Not sure if this has been brought up, but is anyone else experiencing outages in outlook or Hotmail ? Been unable to access hotmail, for at least 5 hours. 121757
  9. windows live mail won't receive hotmail

in Browsers and Email
    windows live mail won't receive hotmail: After the latest windows 10 update my windows live mail stopped receiving hotmail. it does receive gmail and other accounts. I installed the december windows essentials update last week and it started receiving hotmail again. But it has stopped again. I can receive hotmail...
  10. Login Credentials (Local vs Live ID)

in Windows 10 Support
    Login Credentials (Local vs Live ID): I suppose I don't have a "real" problem with using a Live ID to log in to Windows 9 (should they abandon local user names, as I hear they just might). My concern would be logging in to Windows NT based servers, or Windows NT domains. Would Live ID logins not pose an issue...