Windows 10: MICROSOFT LOCK OUT

Discus and support MICROSOFT LOCK OUT in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; My Mom just gave me a Toshiba Laptop and it is locked with a Pin and/or Password that she said she did not create rendering this laptop useless to me.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Kathy Loprete, Mar 22, 2021.

1. MICROSOFT LOCK OUT

My Mom just gave me a Toshiba Laptop and it is locked with a Pin and/or Password that she said she did not create rendering this laptop useless to me. Is there a way to clear her Microsoft account and put mine on there? I have done a factory reset two times and it did not work. This computer has MS-8

:)

Kathy Loprete, Mar 22, 2021

2. Lock screen issue

Hi Bob,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow these steps:

• Go to Settings>>Personalization>>Lock Screen.

• In the right panel, select Picture instead of Windows Spotlight.
    Please feel free to post your queries in Microsoft Community. We will be glad to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Mar 22, 2021
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Mar 22, 2021
  4. MICROSOFT LOCK OUT

Lock screen woes

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to try resolving the issue.

Setting the timeout for Lock Screen

• Press Windows + I and select personalization.
    • Select Lock screen.

• Select the Screen Timeout setting.
    • Select the time of timeout you need and check.

Keep us posted if the issue resolves to help you better.

Sachin V Rao, Mar 22, 2021
Thema:

MICROSOFT LOCK OUT

1. MICROSOFT LOCK OUT - Similar Threads - MICROSOFT LOCK

2. Microsoft is adding MSN features to Windows 10 lock screen

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is adding MSN features to Windows 10 lock screen: Windows 10 was supposed to be on the back burner after Microsoft shifted its focus to Windows 11, but that doesn’t appear to be the case anymore. In the past few months, Windows 10 has received several new features. Today, Microsoft is adding MSN cards to the lock screen....
  3. why won't microsoft let me change my lock screen. It says it is blocked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why won't microsoft let me change my lock screen. It says it is blocked: Hi,I am just wondering how I can change the setting to my laptop in regards on changing my lock screen. Every time i try and change it all of the settings are locked and I'm not sure how to change this, it says it has something to do with my laptop settings but I don't know...
  4. why won't microsoft let me change my lock screen. It says it is blocked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why won't microsoft let me change my lock screen. It says it is blocked: Hi,I am just wondering how I can change the setting to my laptop in regards on changing my lock screen. Every time i try and change it all of the settings are locked and I'm not sure how to change this, it says it has something to do with my laptop settings but I don't know...
  5. why won't microsoft let me change my lock screen. It says it is blocked

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Locked out message from Microsoft? Do you have a phone line I can call please?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out message from Microsoft? Do you have a phone line I can call please?: My other computer has been lock out reportedly by Microsoft. Do you have a number I can ring to get advice please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locked-out-message-from-microsoft-do-you-have-a/714b1260-82b1-43ec-b6ff-8b5264712ab4
  7. Locked out message from Microsoft? Do you have a phone line I can call please?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out message from Microsoft? Do you have a phone line I can call please?: Locked out message purporting to be from Microsoft? on my other computer.They provide a phone number, but do you have a phone line I can call please?...
  8. Locked out message from Microsoft? Do you have a phone line I can call please?

Locked out message from Microsoft? Do you have a phone line I can call please?: My other computer has been lock out reportedly by Microsoft. Do you have a number I can ring to get advice please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locked-out-message-from-microsoft-do-you-have-a/714b1260-82b1-43ec-b6ff-8b5264712ab4
  9. Locked out message from Microsoft? Do you have a phone line I can call please?

Locked out message from Microsoft? Do you have a phone line I can call please?: Locked out message purporting to be from Microsoft? on my other computer.They provide a phone number, but do you have a phone line I can call please?...
  10. Locked out message from Microsoft? Do you have a phone line I can call please?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security