Microsoft “Locks” the Start Menu in Windows 9 Preview...

Discus and support Microsoft “Locks” the Start Menu in Windows 9 Preview... in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft is set to unveil the preview version of Windows 9 later this month, and everyone expects to be allowed to try out some new features,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Sep 2, 2014.

1. labeeman Win User

More

:)

labeeman, Sep 2, 2014
  2. Jason1327 Win User
    Jason1327, Sep 2, 2014
  3. MALIK YASIRNAWAZ Win User
    Window Spotligth Not working 1709

Hi,

If you haven't tried these steps, i will recommend you to please try them once.

* Press Windows + S to launch the search bar of your start menu. Type “settings” in the dialogue box and open the first result.

* Once in the settings, select the heading of “Personalize”.

* Now select Lock Screen from the navigation panel.

* Now select “Picture” from the drop-down menu under the lock screen settings and wait for the picture to be reviewed properly.

* Navigate back to settings and then come back to the lock screen settings.

*Click on the drop-down once again and select Windows Spotlight. Wait a few seconds for the picture to be previewed completely in the preview window.

* Exit the settings and restart your computer. Check if spotlight starts working again. *You need a working internet connection for Windows to download pictures.

Please let me know, if that helps.

Kind Regards:

Engr. Malik Yasir

MALIK YASIRNAWAZ, Sep 2, 2014
  4. LEE
    Lee Win User

Again just more "Speculation.". . . .*Smile

5. Indianatone Win User
    Now where did I leave my Crystal ball. Oh yeah it is in my Mothers loft in Cambridgeshire England. It was to heavy to ship to Indiana.

Indianatone, Sep 2, 2014
  6. alphanumeric New Member
    It wouldn't surprise me it they did that in the early releases. It's one way to guarantee feedback on that feature.

alphanumeric, Sep 3, 2014
  7. Tony K Win User
    Microsoft “Locks” the Start Menu in Windows 9 Preview... 5016d1485948061t-microsoft-locks-start-menu-windows-9-preview-oh-no-not-again-thumb.png

Tony K, Sep 3, 2014
  8. lehnerus2000 Win User

If the article is correct, it indicates MS has no confidence in their new Start Menu design.

What is the point of the beta, if all of the new stuff is locked?

Does not bode well. *Sad

lehnerus2000, Sep 3, 2014
  9. alphanumeric New Member
    I'm fine with them locking things now, as long as I have choices when the final version goes live. On the plus side, somebody is likely already trying to cheat the lock or has already figured out how to toggle it off. The answer to "What is the point of the beta" all depends on who you ask, Microsoft or the consumer. *Wink

alphanumeric, Sep 3, 2014
  10. Rickkins Win User
    My "Oh-good-grief-O-meter" just redlined.....

Rickkins, Sep 3, 2014
  11. Jody Thornton Win User
    Later this month it will not be locked. It's locked right now so that partners with previews or those with leaked versions (at this moment) can not spread screenshots of the Start Menu.

Jody Thornton, Sep 3, 2014
  12. Tony K Win User
    Post titled "Not Good"?

A rather negative connotation. I take it you don't like MS nor their products much.

"If the article is correct" is a big IF, especially coming from this site.

If anything MS via Ballmer and Sinofsky were too confident with the release of 8. Not exactly a warm welcome to the drastic changes made. In hindsight they should have market-researched it better and at least released it with the option to boot to desktop such as in 8.1. They're both down the road and MS has moved on. On the plus side they were the backbone of creating 7.

Perhaps the feature isn't ready yet, either by incomplete writing or premarket analysis design. So as not to make a mistake again, perhaps they'll release it via an update when it is. After all, it is beta.

Perhaps I missed it, but no where in the article does it state "all of the new stuff is locked". A rather "sensational" statement to make just as presented in a lot of these types of articles.

The big > IF the article is true, then the Start Screen must be included again. That's a good thing. *Smile

Tony K, Sep 3, 2014
  13. Tony K Win User

A good observation and thought. Thanks for posting that. *Smile

Tony K, Sep 3, 2014
  14. Gornot Win User
    But... But I can't wait until later in the month for screenshots xD

Gornot, Sep 3, 2014
  15. Jody Thornton Win User
    Well to be fair, I don't know if that's correct *Smile but that's how I read the article.

Jody Thornton, Sep 3, 2014
Thema:

1. Microsoft “Locks” the Start Menu in Windows 9 Preview... - Similar Threads - Microsoft “Locks” Start

2. Multiple instances of Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple instances of Windows Explorer: Opened up task manager and saw that in the Processes tab, there were 41 instances of Windows Explorer running. I open WE frequently but only one or two at the same time and didn't have any open at that time. And it's not just a temporary thing, I have been checking...
  3. windows stuck at "Restarting..." for long after received microsoft update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows stuck at "Restarting..." for long after received microsoft update: Windows 10(Enterprise) windows stuck at "Restarting..." for long after received microsoft update it's a desktop computer; and remote users connect to via remote desktop; however, every time after received Microsoft update, the system will stuck at "Restarting..." for...
  4. i do not have a start button, how do i get one?

in Windows 10 Customization
    i do not have a start button, how do i get one?: I do not have a start menu. how do I get it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_menu/i-do-not-have-a-start-button-how-do-i-get-one/68c1bff7-f3a1-4e4a-a36a-1e9b7de074cb
  5. WINDOWS 10 UPDATE ERROR 0X80072EE7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WINDOWS 10 UPDATE ERROR 0X80072EE7: I am trying to update windows 10-1709 to Windows 10-1803. I am connected to the internet, but it returns with the following error: 0X80072EE7 . Please advise. Thanks! [ATTACH]...
  6. Cannot uninstall or even open Whatsapp desktop. Windows 10 says that I don´t have rights to...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot uninstall or even open Whatsapp desktop. Windows 10 says that I don´t have rights to...: Cannot uninstall or even open Whatsapp desktop. Windows 10 says that I don´t have rights to do it but I'm the admin. My laptop has only one user account and it´s the administrator, and I´ve installed whatsapp using this account, so I don't understand why I don't have the...
  7. Windows 10 will no longer let me print in Color

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 will no longer let me print in Color: I have tried the control panel > devices & printers > preferences route When I get to preferences, there is no color weather black & white, greyscale (monochrome) or color anywhere to be found!!! I ran a print test on the printer itself and it is working fine color and all....
  8. Roblox Player and Studio not running on windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Roblox Player and Studio not running on windows: I run a windows 10 and a windows 7 computer and when I downloaded the programs for ROBLOX and clicked the shortcuts, it said "The item 'RobloxPlayerLauncher.exe' that is this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved, so this shortcut will no longer work properly." and the...
  9. Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft store: I cant install games on Microsoft store https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_games/microsoft-store/195ecbc1-d36f-4802-a180-199b4b6cfbe8
  10. Error code 0x80042405 - 0xAD01A every time I try to download windows 10 home onto a USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error code 0x80042405 - 0xAD01A every time I try to download windows 10 home onto a USB: I'am trying to download windows 10 onto a flash drive to put onto another computer. The usb is clear and formatted but I get an error everytime its finished saying that there was a problem running this tool. PLEASE HELP!!!...