Windows 10: Microsoft login to local user sign in

Discus and support Microsoft login to local user sign in in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm about to switch from Microsoft administrator account to a local account. What about my files, pictures. Will they be automatically saved or do I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by savvy108, Mar 29, 2020.

1. savvy108 Win User

Microsoft login to local user sign in

I'm about to switch from Microsoft administrator account to a local account. What about my files, pictures. Will they be automatically saved or do I need to save all of them again before changing to a local account?

Thank you

:)

savvy108, Mar 29, 2020

2. Use a Local user Account to login to Windows 10 PC

Hello Vojta,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

From the description provided, I understand that you want a Local user account to login to your computer.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to convert the Microsoft Account you are using to a Local Account.

• Sign in to your Microsoft account.

• Click Start and then PC settings.

• Click Users and accounts and under your Profile select “Sign in with a local account instead ” option.

• Enter the required details.

• Type in a Username, Password, and Password Hint that you want set for your Local account and click
      Next. Click on Sign out and Finish button.

Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further assistance, we would be happy to help you further.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Mar 29, 2020
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Mar 29, 2020
  4. Microsoft login to local user sign in

Unable to sign into a Microsoft account in Windows 10 or create new users

Hi Dhruv,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

Provide us with the below details for better clarity on the issue.

• Are you facing the issue on a local or Microsoft Account?
    • Are you able to login and use other apps?
    I suggest you to sign out from the current user account, restart the system and login to the Microsoft Account to check if that helps.

If you still face issues with the store in Microsoft Account then you may want to reset the Store cache and check the status.

Steps:-

• Press Windows Key + R.
    • Type, "WSReset.exe" and hit Enter.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Mar 29, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft login to local user sign in

1. Microsoft login to local user sign in - Similar Threads - Microsoft login local

2. Microsoft sign-in as opposed to local sign-in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft sign-in as opposed to local sign-in: Recently Microsoft seems to have changed my 'users'. It is set up for a Microsoft sign-in instead of my local user sign-in. Two questions: 1. Is it possible to revert to my old local sign-in? 2. I notice that there is also something called 'new-user' in my file structure...
  3. Microsoft login vs. local login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft login vs. local login: My Windows 10 Pro is accessed by me (administrator) using my Microsoft password. If I want to connect from another computer, I am asked for my password which I assume is a local one, which I do not have. Is there a way that I can keep using my Microsoft login yet have a local...
  4. Can't login as local user

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't login as local user: I have new a Dell Laptop 8 gb, i5, 64-bit x64- based processor. I just reinstalled Windows 10 pro, version 20H2, OS build 19042/865, Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0 via the Media Creation tool, clean installation. Which went without a hitch. I had to login...
  5. Windows 10 login to local user immediate sign out but login to Administrator user not problem.

Windows 10 login to local user immediate sign out but login to Administrator user not problem.: Hi all, I've been try create a new local user but it can't sign in but if I change it to Administrator user will no problem on that. What should I do?...
  6. Local User login on Win 10

Local User login on Win 10: Hi I purchased a dell xps15 and set up win10 as a work user. I then proceed to add a local user. I was asked username, password and set up 3 security questions. However I was unable to login as a local user, as the login screen ask for an email address and password. I was...
  7. Username: microsoft login vs local login

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Username: microsoft login vs local login: I have folders on my NAS that are mapped to drives on Win10. If I use my local username, I have no problem accessing the mapped drives. If I change my login to use my Microsoft account, the computer cannot access the mapped drives. I am presented with a Microsoft security...
  8. Sign In Options - Local user and Microsoft account sign in issues in Windows 10.

Sign In Options - Local user and Microsoft account sign in issues in Windows 10.: I changed the sign in options of all the users on my laptop to local sign in instead previously each user signed in with their Microsoft accounts and now when I go to change the setting to back to sign in with Microsoft account it tells me that account is already in use on...
  9. Login with Local User on Windows Pro

Login with Local User on Windows Pro: Hi, I have just started up a brand new HP Desktop machine with Windows Pro installed. I completed the setup, all ok. I have created a new user for my collegaue to use the PC who will also need to be an administrator. She does not have a microsoft email acount or address...
  10. Local access user login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Local access user login: I have several HP home computers that I am setting up local account users for. I have 7 kids so 9 of us in the family. I have created local user accounts with no email(kids). Some of them work and some I get profile service service failed can not load profile. I have...