Windows 10: Microsoft LogMeIn Support Legitimate?

Discus and support Microsoft LogMeIn Support Legitimate? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I made a forum post regarding my Outlook account security a few days ago and had a case opened by Microsoft. I received the case ID in my messages, and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JNguyen23, Oct 17, 2020.

1. JNguyen23 Win User

Microsoft LogMeIn Support Legitimate?

I made a forum post regarding my Outlook account security a few days ago and had a case opened by Microsoft. I received the case ID in my messages, and was waiting for a phone call, but missed it once on Thursday morning. I messaged a member for support to see when I could get a second followup, and they said within 24 to 48 hours. I just had a second call 1 hour ago. They confirmed the case ID I had for that previous case, and I know that the first couple of digits were correct, but I forgot to verify the last few just to be extra certain. I was also asked to use LogMeIn so they could take a look at the issues on my Outlook account. No personal information nor credit card information was asked, and they managed to resolve my Outlook issues.

However, I just want to double check if this was a legitimate call from Microsoft, or if I've been tech support scammed.

I understand this might be a little over-paranoid, but I just want to be sure.

I would appreciate the clarification.

:)

JNguyen23, Oct 17, 2020
  2. dweagle1 Win User

Receive Remote Assistance Support from Microsoft - LogMeIn Rescue

Microsoft Support - reached via the support phone number 800-642-7676 - directed me to support.microsoft.com/help and requested to make a remote connection using LogMeIn Rescue (to help with a Windows 10 re-activation). While the page appears to be in the
    legitimate Microsoft domain, I can find no further official documentation or statement that this is a legitimate request by a Microsoft technician. But there appear to be many cases of LogMeIn being used in technical support scams.

Before agreeing to this, does Microsoft indeed use LogMeIn Rescue for remote support? Are such connections secure? If so, would it be possible for Microsoft to provide some further documentation that service technicians do use this method?

dweagle1, Oct 17, 2020
  3. Jelu Cal Win User
    LogMeIn Rescue

Microsoft ensures the utmost security when providing support to our customers. If the support representative refers you to the LogMeIn Rescue website to accept the Microsoft agreement, then it is a legitimate process. To know more about Microsoft's process
    in relation to the use of the LogMeIn Rescue application, we'd recommend contacting our support team through this

link

We'd also like to request for a screenshot of the programs listed in the Startup tab of Task Manager. To check the Startup tab, you can perform the following:

• Search and launch Task Manager using Cortana.
    • Click on the Startup tab.
    We look forward to your response.

Jelu Cal, Oct 17, 2020
  4. WiIfred P Win User

Logmein window won't close

Yes Mekendar. The link would direct you to a support page that contains steps on how to disable 3rd party applications running in the background. You would need to follow that instruction on that support page. But on step 3, instead of clicking Disable
    all, kindly go over the list and just uncheck LogMeIn or LMI. Same thing with Step 5. Look if LogMeIn or LMI is on the list and disable it. If there's none, you may skip Step 5.

WiIfred P, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Microsoft LogMeIn Support Legitimate? - Similar Threads - Microsoft LogMeIn Support

2. Is a "Microsoft account problem" popup legitimate?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is a "Microsoft account problem" popup legitimate?: [https://imgur.com/69CvG1P] A week ago, this popup appeared on the notification panel (righthand side) on my laptop. I clicked it and it took me to "Accounts" in the Settings with the messge "Some of your accounts require attention," and below that a "FIX NOW" button....
  3. logmein

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    logmein: I had a windows support tech help me with issues after downloading windows 10 and now the logmein boxes won't disappear. I'm an elderly non tech savvy person and even youtube is not helping me understand this. How do I get rid of this please in simple language. thanks...
  4. Is this legitimately from Microsoft or is it Malware?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is this legitimately from Microsoft or is it Malware?: Yesterday I started getting this popup below, again and again. Is this actually from Microsoft or is it malware? I am suspicious because it has no option to exit without taking action. I have now found a way in Settings to pause updates for seven days. If I keep...
  5. Driver Support Security a scam or legitimate?

Driver Support Security a scam or legitimate?: Is Driver Support a scam or legitimate? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/driver-support-security-a-scam-or-legitimate/0200746a-4c60-4c7b-9212-4659c6ad2596
  6. Is this legitimate?

Is this legitimate?: I am not a surface customer and I got this email. Is this legit? Subject: Microsoft Extended Service Contract/Registration Confirmation_ 70-NVF64 | UIN3862 Date: xxxx From: Bulk Warranty Registration Alias <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***> To: xxxx CC: Bulk...
  7. Is 1-888-501-7748 a legitimate Microsoft support phone number

Is 1-888-501-7748 a legitimate Microsoft support phone number: Is 1-888-501-7748 a legitimate Microsoft phone number? Thanks, Curt https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-1-888-501-7748-a-legitimate-microsoft-support/f1ef48e6-d052-4d25-8a39-e141fcf92d05"
  8. Legitimate Microsoft request??

Legitimate Microsoft request??: I keep getting a warning that my computer will freeze if I don't call this phone number for assistance … 1-816-280-2833. Is this for real? If not real how do I stop this from popping up on my computer?...
  9. Logmein no restart solition

in Windows 10 Customization
    Logmein no restart solition: i m a scambaiter and try to get scammer on myn Virtual machine FAKE COMPUTER most scammer just logmein to come on myn computer and if there can not proceed there like to Restart the VM So what i m whant is How can i m block the scammer that just Logmein and try to restart...
  10. Teamviewer vs Logmein

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Teamviewer vs Logmein: I am in South Africa and run Win10 Pro 64-bit. My Father is in the UK and also has Win 10 on his laptop. He is in his mid-nineties and although he can manage basic PC maintenance tasks, e.g. defender scans, and running CCleaner, he often mentions minor issues he has when...