Windows 10: Microsoft LogMeIn Support Legitimate?

Discus and support Microsoft LogMeIn Support Legitimate? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I made a forum post regarding my Outlook account security a few days ago and had a case opened by Microsoft. I received the case ID in my messages, and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JNguyen23, Oct 17, 2020.

1. JNguyen23 Win User

Microsoft LogMeIn Support Legitimate?

I made a forum post regarding my Outlook account security a few days ago and had a case opened by Microsoft. I received the case ID in my messages, and was waiting for a phone call, but missed it once on Thursday morning. I messaged a member for support to see when I could get a second followup, and they said within 24 to 48 hours. I just had a second call 1 hour ago. They confirmed the case ID I had for that previous case, and I know that the first couple of digits were correct, but I forgot to verify the last few just to be extra certain. I was also asked to use LogMeIn so they could take a look at the issues on my Outlook account. No personal information nor credit card information was asked, and they managed to resolve my Outlook issues.

However, I just want to double check if this was a legitimate call from Microsoft, or if I've been tech support scammed.

I understand this might be a little over-paranoid, but I just want to be sure.

I would appreciate the clarification.

:)

JNguyen23, Oct 17, 2020
  2. dweagle1 Win User

Receive Remote Assistance Support from Microsoft - LogMeIn Rescue

Microsoft Support - reached via the support phone number 800-642-7676 - directed me to support.microsoft.com/help and requested to make a remote connection using LogMeIn Rescue (to help with a Windows 10 re-activation). While the page appears to be in the
    legitimate Microsoft domain, I can find no further official documentation or statement that this is a legitimate request by a Microsoft technician. But there appear to be many cases of LogMeIn being used in technical support scams.

Before agreeing to this, does Microsoft indeed use LogMeIn Rescue for remote support? Are such connections secure? If so, would it be possible for Microsoft to provide some further documentation that service technicians do use this method?

dweagle1, Oct 17, 2020
  3. Jelu Cal Win User
    LogMeIn Rescue

Microsoft ensures the utmost security when providing support to our customers. If the support representative refers you to the LogMeIn Rescue website to accept the Microsoft agreement, then it is a legitimate process. To know more about Microsoft's process
    in relation to the use of the LogMeIn Rescue application, we'd recommend contacting our support team through this

link

We'd also like to request for a screenshot of the programs listed in the Startup tab of Task Manager. To check the Startup tab, you can perform the following:

• Search and launch Task Manager using Cortana.
    • Click on the Startup tab.
    We look forward to your response.

Jelu Cal, Oct 17, 2020
  4. WiIfred P Win User

Logmein window won't close

Yes Mekendar. The link would direct you to a support page that contains steps on how to disable 3rd party applications running in the background. You would need to follow that instruction on that support page. But on step 3, instead of clicking Disable
    all, kindly go over the list and just uncheck LogMeIn or LMI. Same thing with Step 5. Look if LogMeIn or LMI is on the list and disable it. If there's none, you may skip Step 5.

WiIfred P, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Microsoft LogMeIn Support Legitimate? - Similar Threads - Microsoft LogMeIn Support

2. Is 888 261-6652 a legitimate Microsoft Support number? Is MS0747@KK a legitimate Microsoft...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is 888 261-6652 a legitimate Microsoft Support number? Is MS0747@KK a legitimate Microsoft...: I had a hacker access my laptop with a Windows Defender message that locked my laptop so that I could not use it. I was afraid that the number on the screen was fake so I looked up Microsoft Support online with my iPhone. The number I found was 888 261-6652. I called and the...
  3. Is 888 261-6652 a legitimate Microsoft Support number? Is MS0747@KK a legitimate Microsoft...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is 888 261-6652 a legitimate Microsoft Support number? Is MS0747@KK a legitimate Microsoft...: I had a hacker access my laptop with a Windows Defender message that locked my laptop so that I could not use it. I was afraid that the number on the screen was fake so I looked up Microsoft Support online with my iPhone. The number I found was 888 261-6652. I called and the...
  4. Who are what is widget.rave.office.net Is legitimate Microsoft support. They want to come...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Who are what is widget.rave.office.net Is legitimate Microsoft support. They want to come...: Who are what is widget.rave.office.net Is legitimate Microsoft support. They want to come on my computer. Should I let them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/who-are-what-is-widgetraveofficenet-is-legitimate/fa39967b-a723-40b8-bf79-2e7742f176f7
  5. Who are what is widget.rave.office.net Is legitimate Microsoft support. They want to come...

Who are what is widget.rave.office.net Is legitimate Microsoft support. They want to come...: Who are what is widget.rave.office.net Is legitimate Microsoft support. They want to come on my computer. Should I let them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/who-are-what-is-widgetraveofficenet-is-legitimate/fa39967b-a723-40b8-bf79-2e7742f176f7
  6. Is 0203-835-5642 a legitimate Microsoft support number?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is 0203-835-5642 a legitimate Microsoft support number?: Message on screen with voice message saying computer has been locked, asking to contact Microsoft Support on 0203-835-5642. Options on screen are Ignore or Scan. Then Ignore or Run Safe. Is this a scam?...
  7. Is 0203-835-5642 a legitimate Microsoft support number?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is 0203-835-5642 a legitimate Microsoft support number?: Message on screen with voice message saying computer has been locked, asking to contact Microsoft Support on 0203-835-5642. Options on screen are Ignore or Scan. Then Ignore or Run Safe. Is this a scam?...
  8. Is 0203-835-5642 a legitimate Microsoft support number?

9. uninstall LogMeIn

in Windows 10 Customization
    uninstall LogMeIn: I was helped by Microsoft to retrieve Word since I rebooted the computer and lost it. It was recovered but the LogMeIn keeps poping up and I can't get rid of it. Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstall-logmein/874bb191-7a3d-41a2-aec9-a034c086d2c0
  10. logmein

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    logmein: I had a windows support tech help me with issues after downloading windows 10 and now the logmein boxes won't disappear. I'm an elderly non tech savvy person and even youtube is not helping me understand this. How do I get rid of this please in simple language. thanks...