Windows 10: Microsoft made me update!!!

Discus and support Microsoft made me update!!! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was forced to update the computer because it wouldnt work untill it was done and now all of my files and photos are deleted . It was a newish laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Microsoftspeech, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Microsoft made me update!!!

I was forced to update the computer because it wouldnt work untill it was done and now all of my files and photos are deleted . It was a newish laptop so i hadnt fully set it up for a issue like this eg back up file now ive lost all my photos of my kids growing up. Im am so upset this is an outrage and i will never be using windows again!!! Absolutely everything is gone!! Whats the point of using a laptop to back up a phone if this is going to happen

:)

Microsoftspeech, Oct 25, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 25, 2020
  3. OSdevr Win User
    Microsoft Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Available Today

Oh dear they're still pushing that. I STILL don't like the metro tiles and stuff!

OSdevr, Oct 25, 2020
  4. 3Colors Win User

Microsoft made me update!!!

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Microsoft made me update!!! :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft made me update!!!

1. Microsoft made me update!!! - Similar Threads - Microsoft made update

2. Windows made me restart to update and blue screened my pc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows made me restart to update and blue screened my pc.: Windows made me restart and install two updates which now corrupted my files. I tried every single troubleshoot option and nothings working. I can’t seem to fix it. I’ve tried everything in the bios that would help. Troubleshooting isn’t doing anything. I can’t uninstall the...
  3. Windows made me restart to update and blue screened my pc.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows made me restart to update and blue screened my pc.: Windows made me restart and install two updates which now corrupted my files. I tried every single troubleshoot option and nothings working. I can’t seem to fix it. I’ve tried everything in the bios that would help. Troubleshooting isn’t doing anything. I can’t uninstall the...
  4. A microsoft purchase i made was not given to me

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    A microsoft purchase i made was not given to me: So i bought a copy of minecraft, and I saw that people are getting help for it here since microsoft owns it now. This is my only option left since the dedicated microsoft support staff for the game are ignoring my tickets and requests. I bought the game and it wont give it to...
  5. Microsoft update stuck and made toshiba laptop unusable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft update stuck and made toshiba laptop unusable: My laptop started automatically installing an update hours ago but it's stuck in a loop displaying error messages 'attempting to recover installation " then "undoing changes made to your computer " . I cant log on. Tech support suggested I would need to contact Toshiba to...
  6. Windows 10 made me verify my microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 made me verify my microsoft account: I still have the same computer and it made me verify my account and re setup my PIN to login. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-made-me-verify-my-microsoft-account/c7861b15-36be-4ed0-a3c3-ee4dcb63ba91"
  7. One virus made a fake update in Microsoft defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    One virus made a fake update in Microsoft defender: One virus/threat/malware made fake update in microsoft defender, I don’t made that, but I downloaded one app named SpyHunter 5 and it’s found a Trojan viruses, STOP randsomware, Ursu PetGame, dangerousobject.generic, adware helpers and infinite more and I need to ask one...
  8. Update of 03/08/2019 made me buy new PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update of 03/08/2019 made me buy new PC: Why did I have to read in Forbes last night instead of from Microsoft that your latest update would not only "cause problems with gaming" but make my laptop monitor turn pink? After I did a System Restore, the problem goes away, but I can't turn off updates because Microsoft...
  9. Just me or Anniversary Update made Startup and Shutdows slower? Login?

in Windows 10 Support
    Just me or Anniversary Update made Startup and Shutdows slower? Login?: Even Restart is slower. Sometimes, it seems to be fast as it was before the Update, but 70% of times I start or shutdown my PC, it's about 10-15 seconds slower than before. Can be related to account login? Because it also removed my profile image, and I'm not able to make...
  10. Made By You - Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Made By You - Microsoft Edge: Greetings Insiders! The Windows 10 Fall Creators Update is packed with new features and improvements to Microsoft Edge. As we followed Windows Insider feedback on these updates, it was so great to see so many Windows Insiders as passionate as we are about the browser...