Windows 10: Microsoft magnifier

Discus and support Microsoft magnifier in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; For just over a month magnifier no longer follows the keyboard/typing focus. Magnifier only follows the mouse. I use it mainly in docked view. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Yourrealgem, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Microsoft magnifier

For just over a month magnifier no longer follows the keyboard/typing focus. Magnifier only follows the mouse. I use it mainly in docked view. I have tried switching views. I have checked the settings and all the focus boxes are checked. I have tried unchecking and restarting and going back and rechecking the boxes several times. Please help me get this problem solved. I am visually impaired and need this magnifier function of following the keyboard/typing focus to work. It is important that it works. I need this to do my work. I am using Windows 10.

:)

Yourrealgem, Jun 13, 2019

2. magnifier on Windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to turn off the magnifier and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “ease of access”.
    • Then under the “magnifier” option “turn off” it.

Or also you can press the keys “Windows+Esc” and the magnifier will be closed.

For more information regarding magnifier refer to the below article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/use-magnifier-see-items

Note: Also applies to Windows 10.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jun 13, 2019
  3. manage magnifier shortcut

Hey RXaverius,

I suggest you to follow the below steps to turn off the magnifier and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “ease of access”.
    • Then under the “magnifier” option “turn off” it.
    Or also you can press the keys “Windows+Esc” and the magnifier will be closed.

For more information regarding magnifier refer to the below article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/use-magnifier-see-items

Note: Also applies to Windows 10.

Hope this information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Jun 13, 2019
  4. Ernie San Win User

Microsoft magnifier

Windows 10 update broke MS magnifier

Hello,

To fix the issue with Magnifier, we suggest to turn it off and turn on your Magnifier. Here are the steps below:

• Press Start key.
    • Click Settings.
    • Select and click, Ease of Access.
    • Select and click, Magnifier.
    • Under Magnifier in the right pane, click off/on.

You may also try to Run Magnifier as administrator. If you don't know how, follow the steps below:

• Press Start key.
    • Type Magnifier.
    • Right-click Run as administrator.
    • If there's a pop-up about User Account Control, you have to type your
      Username and Password to continue.
    • Click Yes.

Let us know what happened.

Regards.

Ernie San, Jun 13, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft magnifier

1. Microsoft magnifier - Similar Threads - Microsoft magnifier

2. Intel: Microsoft AI PCs need a Copilot Key

in Windows 10 News
    Intel: Microsoft AI PCs need a Copilot Key: Microsoft hopes that 2024 will be the year that so-called AI PCs will take off. Tidbits and rumors about this new breed of PCs are found everywhere, but Microsoft itself has been tight lipped when it comes to requirements. Intel has now published Microsoft's requirements for...
  3. Microsoft Copilot app getting installed on Windows devices

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Copilot app getting installed on Windows devices: Last week, Microsoft revealed that it started to push its AI Microsoft Copilot to more Windows 10 and 11 devices. The feature, still in preview at the time of writing, shows up as an icon on the Windows taskbar. The tool is enabled on Windows 11 version 23H2 devices by...
  4. Microsoft is adding MSN features to Windows 10 lock screen

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is adding MSN features to Windows 10 lock screen: Windows 10 was supposed to be on the back burner after Microsoft shifted its focus to Windows 11, but that doesn’t appear to be the case anymore. In the past few months, Windows 10 has received several new features. Today, Microsoft is adding MSN cards to the lock screen....
  5. Someone is repeatedly trying to access or hack My Microsoft account ...help?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Someone is repeatedly trying to access or hack My Microsoft account ...help?: I first noticed this a year ago when someone managed to hack in to my gmail account and from there they got my Microsoft account password as well as a bunch of others..including my banking...it caused me all kinds if grief...I resolved all of this by changing all my passwords...
  6. Microsoft Magnifier bugs with dual monitor setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Magnifier bugs with dual monitor setup: When I have Windows magnifier open, I'm experiencing this annoying issue.Whenever I move my mouse pointer, both screens refresh fine.When my text cursor is on the left screen of my dual monitor setup, I can start typing, but the left screen isn't refreshing typed text is not...
  7. Microsoft Magnifier bugs with dual monitor setup

Microsoft Magnifier bugs with dual monitor setup: When I have Windows magnifier open, I'm experiencing this annoying issue.Whenever I move my mouse pointer, both screens refresh fine.When my text cursor is on the left screen of my dual monitor setup, I can start typing, but the left screen isn't refreshing typed text is not...
  8. Microsoft Magnifier: Keyboard shortcuts to control tracking modes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Magnifier: Keyboard shortcuts to control tracking modes: There are times when I need to focus on content; and, then there are times when I need to focus on what I am typing.It would be great to be able to toggle the Magnifier focus modes from the keyboard. I could place my mouse on a webpage on monitor 2, with a text editor on the...
  9. Microsoft Magnifier: Keyboard shortcuts to control tracking modes

Microsoft Magnifier: Keyboard shortcuts to control tracking modes: There are times when I need to focus on content; and, then there are times when I need to focus on what I am typing.It would be great to be able to toggle the Magnifier focus modes from the keyboard. I could place my mouse on a webpage on monitor 2, with a text editor on the...
  10. Microsoft Arc mouse and Magnify

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Arc mouse and Magnify: Hi I just bought Microsoft Arc Mouse. It works fine, but I can't set Windows magnify-software under the three finger click. How can I do this, and if not, why? I can set Win++, or Win+-, but I can manage magnify only one way. Waiting eager Yours answer. Markus...