Windows 10: Microsoft magnifier

Discus and support Microsoft magnifier in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; For just over a month magnifier no longer follows the keyboard/typing focus. Magnifier only follows the mouse. I use it mainly in docked view. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Yourrealgem, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Microsoft magnifier

For just over a month magnifier no longer follows the keyboard/typing focus. Magnifier only follows the mouse. I use it mainly in docked view. I have tried switching views. I have checked the settings and all the focus boxes are checked. I have tried unchecking and restarting and going back and rechecking the boxes several times. Please help me get this problem solved. I am visually impaired and need this magnifier function of following the keyboard/typing focus to work. It is important that it works. I need this to do my work. I am using Windows 10.

:)

Yourrealgem, Jun 13, 2019

2. magnifier on Windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to turn off the magnifier and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “ease of access”.
    • Then under the “magnifier” option “turn off” it.

Or also you can press the keys “Windows+Esc” and the magnifier will be closed.

For more information regarding magnifier refer to the below article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/use-magnifier-see-items

Note: Also applies to Windows 10.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jun 13, 2019
  3. manage magnifier shortcut

Hey RXaverius,

I suggest you to follow the below steps to turn off the magnifier and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “ease of access”.
    • Then under the “magnifier” option “turn off” it.
    Or also you can press the keys “Windows+Esc” and the magnifier will be closed.

For more information regarding magnifier refer to the below article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/use-magnifier-see-items

Note: Also applies to Windows 10.

Hope this information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Jun 13, 2019
  4. Ernie San Win User

Microsoft magnifier

Windows 10 update broke MS magnifier

Hello,

To fix the issue with Magnifier, we suggest to turn it off and turn on your Magnifier. Here are the steps below:

• Press Start key.
    • Click Settings.
    • Select and click, Ease of Access.
    • Select and click, Magnifier.
    • Under Magnifier in the right pane, click off/on.

You may also try to Run Magnifier as administrator. If you don't know how, follow the steps below:

• Press Start key.
    • Type Magnifier.
    • Right-click Run as administrator.
    • If there's a pop-up about User Account Control, you have to type your
      Username and Password to continue.
    • Click Yes.

Let us know what happened.

Regards.

Ernie San, Jun 13, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft magnifier

1. Microsoft magnifier - Similar Threads - Microsoft magnifier

2. Performance Improvements in Microsoft Excel for the Web

in Windows 10 News
    Performance Improvements in Microsoft Excel for the Web: With an uncompromised goal to provide our customers with the ideal, fast, and smooth user experience, we’re excited to announce the latest significant performance improvements in Excel for the web. We have addressed and improved several scenarios, including...
  3. Why does SearchApp.exe need to make network connections to Microsoft?

in Cortana
    Why does SearchApp.exe need to make network connections to Microsoft?: If I am searching my local Hard drive, why does SearchApp.exe need to make connections to Microsoft? PowerShell Script: $Process = @{ Name='Process' Expression={ # return process path Get-Process -Id $_.OwningProcess -ErrorAction...
  4. Security baseline for Microsoft Edge version 88 available

in Windows 10 News
    Security baseline for Microsoft Edge version 88 available: We are pleased to announce the enterprise-ready release of the security baseline for Microsoft Edge version 88! We have reviewed the settings in Microsoft Edge version 88 and updated our guidance with the addition of one setting that we will explain below. A new Microsoft...
  5. Microsoft Edge supporting Open Web Docs to deliver web developer docs

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge supporting Open Web Docs to deliver web developer docs: Today, we’re happy to share our support for Open Web Docs, a new collective launching today which is dedicated to sustainably supporting high-quality, browser-agnostic, community-driven web developer documentation. Open Web Docs employs full-time writing staff to...
  6. Low fps after latest Microsoft 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Low fps after latest Microsoft 10 update: Hi. After latest forced Microsoft 10 update, my fps is very low usually 0 or 1 while playing games, which makes games unplayable. Before, my fps used to be 100 and higher. I tried to turn off apps running in backround, increase performance of the notebook and etc., but...
  7. my microsoft edge has a black screen with a white and red light at the top of the screen It...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my microsoft edge has a black screen with a white and red light at the top of the screen It...: My Edge has a black screen with a white and a red light at the top of the screen. It won't do anything. I can't turn it on or off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-microsoft-edge-has-a-black-screen-with-a-white/070aebbb-88ea-4fbd-b323-1ee0abd055da
  8. I've just bought and set up a brand new laptop. When I signed into my Microsoft account my...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I've just bought and set up a brand new laptop. When I signed into my Microsoft account my...: I've just bought and set up a brand new laptop using all of my details, passwords etc. Yet when I signed into Microsoft using my password all of my son's details came up instead of mine. I have tried to edit the details but it just reverts back to my son. Now his name is...
  9. Is Microsoft Edge slower in the latest update for anyone else?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is Microsoft Edge slower in the latest update for anyone else?: For some reason Microsoft Edge is loading certain webpages much slower now. It didn't start doing this until the latest update. I figured it was my Ublock Origin extension, but even after disabling all of my extensions, it's still very sluggish. I tried loading sites on...
  10. Sound muted every time at startup after Microsoft upgrade

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound muted every time at startup after Microsoft upgrade: After allowing recent Microsoft update to run my laptop now has the sound device muted until I ask Microsoft Assistant to unmute my device. Soundbar shows sound is on at 50% and speaker is on. What can I do to regain control of my device?!...