Windows 10: Microsoft Mail account settings problem

Discus and support Microsoft Mail account settings problem in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I have a problem setting an account with Microsoft Mail - the password i enter works only once - then it's replaced by something else (I thinks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Denny_101, Sep 21, 2019.

1. Denny_101 Win User

Microsoft Mail account settings problem

Hello,

I have a problem setting an account with Microsoft Mail - the password i enter works only once - then it's replaced by something else (I thinks it gets doubled) and I have to reset the password each time I want to check the email.

(I save the correct password in the settings but it's getting replaced each time over and over.)

Any help is appreciated,

thank you.

:)

Denny_101, Sep 21, 2019

2. How to set up account?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you would like to setup email account. We will assist you.

I suggest you to use the Mail App installed with Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps to add an account.

• Click on “Settings”.

• Click on “Accounts”.

• Click on “Add Account”.

• Add the account information.
    You will be able to view the added accounts to the Mail App by clicking the hamburger icon on the Mail App.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Sep 21, 2019
  3. Unable to add account in Microsoft Mail app.

Hi gajalshankar,

I suggest that you reset Mail App by following the steps below:

1. Go to Settings > System > Apps & features.
    2. Scroll down until your find Mail and Calendar. Click on it and then Advanced Options.
    3. Click the reset button.
    4. Once done, sign in on Mail App again.

If the above steps didn't work, you may also run the app troubleshooter and check if it helps. Follow the below

link
    to run the app troubleshooter. If the issue persists after resetting Mail App and running the troubleshooter, I highly recommend you to create another user profile through this

link
    and log in to Mail App and see if the issue will occur.

Keep us posted with the result.

Jesebel Ova, Sep 21, 2019
  4. philc43 Win User

Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Sep 21, 2019
Thema:

1. Microsoft Mail account settings problem - Similar Threads - Microsoft Mail account

2. Microsoft account sign in problem in microsoft store, microsoft mail app , accounts tab in...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft account sign in problem in microsoft store, microsoft mail app , accounts tab in...: I recently got to know that I am not able to sign in in my Microsoft account in any off the Microsoft windows app. I am able to sign in the accounts using browsers but for windows apps it doesn't let you sign-in. it shows various types of problemcan anyone please help me how...
  3. e mail accounts and microsoft accounts

e mail accounts and microsoft accounts: It is so tiring that every time I use an account that signing in is so much bs . Every time I try to enter your company says I'm wrong . So I enter it again , again you tell me I'm wrong . No darn way . I have been working this problem for several days . You just will not let...
  4. Problem setting up alias for Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Problem setting up alias for Microsoft Account: I am trying to set up an alias for my Microsoft account as I eventually want to change my sign in and billing email. Currently it is tied to a .edu.au account, and I want to change it to my .hotmail.com account. However, I am getting an error message: This email is part of a...
  5. Setting up mail problems

Setting up mail problems: How do I transfer my non mainstream email server and received emails from another computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-up-mail-problems/d0dd7ed3-0be9-42a2-891a-ae79ef33ede8
  6. Problems with Microsoft Account and Family Safety settings

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Problems with Microsoft Account and Family Safety settings: I am using Microsoft Family to manage my child's internet consumption, and recently have encountered a seemingly intractable issue with one of our Windows 10 devices. Activity reporting began showing a persistent message that this device needed to be have the latest Windows...
  7. Microsoft account mail

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft account mail: Unable to access my hotmail address or my hotmail using an alias since the win10 update wiped out my computers. My alias and original password work but no email. My original address no longer exists but if I try to re-register I am told it is in use. One of my computers has...
  8. Settings for Microsoft Account Problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Settings for Microsoft Account Problem: On New Notifications dropdown I am receiving the following information: Microsoft Account Problem "We need to fix your Microsoft account (most likely your password changed). Select here to fix it in Shared experiences settings." My question: Is it safe to Select it?...
  9. Microsoft 10 MAIL change username on email account settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft 10 MAIL change username on email account settings: The Microsoft 10 Mail app (Not Outlook) [ATTACH] In mail settings, the user name is greyed out and has the wrong data (see above). I changed my email address for privacy to say fake. HOW DO I correct the user name there in that box without deleting the whole email account...
  10. wind mail account settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    wind mail account settings: I want to succesfully use icloud, a .live.com and an outlook.com email. Please advise. I keep getting an error on synching. 0x85010001. I am using Windows 10 mail, not outlook....