Windows 10: Microsoft Mail App: Disabling "Recent Contacts".

Discus and support Microsoft Mail App: Disabling "Recent Contacts". in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Is it possible to disable the function that automatically adds an additional version of a contact? The feature, as described, adds an additional... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dexman335, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Dexman335 Win User

Microsoft Mail App: Disabling "Recent Contacts".

Is it possible to disable the function that automatically adds an additional version of a contact? The feature, as described, adds an additional version of contacts as I...well...contact them.

I know where to add or subtract other ways of linking my contact list, but, I cannot locate where to disable the "Recent Contacts" option.

The reason for this, is that, Recent Contacts adds another adds another entry for addresses. Unlike the entries that I add/edit/modify, Recent Contacts classifies it's auto entries as "Other" as opposed to looking at what is already there....Home, Work etc.

The only option that I can see is to unlink the auto generated Recent Contacts entries. The problem there is that the app keeps pestering me to re-link the auto generated info. I have even looked for a way to edit the Recent Contact info to match the existing data, but, I can't find a way to do so.

:)

Dexman335, Oct 15, 2018
  2. bestellen Win User

Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Oct 15, 2018
  3. How do i delete recent contacts from Microsoft People

In the people app, I have a list of recent contacts.

I try to right-click and delete the contact individually but the delete button is disabled.

How to remove them?

Microsoft Mail App: Disabling "Recent Contacts". [​IMG]

Microsoft Mail App: Disabling "Recent Contacts". [​IMG]

swatstrike, Oct 15, 2018
  4. davidhk Win User

Email contacts missing

1. If you open Mail app and click the + sign for New mail > type first couple of letters of a contact name > will a list of suggested names appear ?

2. Go to All apps > scroll to P > click People. Is the contact list there ?

davidhk, Oct 15, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft Mail App: Disabling "Recent Contacts". - Similar Threads - Microsoft Mail App

2. mail app people app how to delete a recent contact?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mail app people app how to delete a recent contact?: Outlook People App allows the deletion of a recent contact.Mail People App does not allow the deletion of a recent contact?Choose a contact does not show the one I want to delete.I do not understand where a Recent Contact in the Mail People app resides in order to delete...
  3. mail app people app how to delete a recent contact?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mail app people app how to delete a recent contact?: Outlook People App allows the deletion of a recent contact.Mail People App does not allow the deletion of a recent contact?Choose a contact does not show the one I want to delete.I do not understand where a Recent Contact in the Mail People app resides in order to delete...
  4. Mail app contacts

Mail app contacts: Ok here goes. windows 10. I add a contact. When sending an e-mail to that person it comes back undeliverable. Then I realize I spelled it incorrectly. I go to that contact, click edit & correct & save the info. Now, when I forward an e-mail I click in the To: window, start...
  5. Windows Mail App Auto Contact

Windows Mail App Auto Contact: When I receive emails, the Windows Mail app automatically creates a contact for that company. The contact it creates is often incorrect. When I sent an email to myself the app created a contact about me, but the contact information was incorrect. So now when I send emails, it...
  6. Delete A Recent Contact in the People App

in Windows 10 Customization
    Delete A Recent Contact in the People App: I've already looked at several similar questions. None of the suggestions in any of those threads solved my problem, so I'm starting a new thread looking for fresh advice. Somehow, two unrelated contacts of mine (my CPA and my son's school) became linked through either my...
  7. Windows Mail App contacts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Mail App contacts: Dear Team, I am using windows mail app and when i given any reply to new contact it is automatically saving in contacts list. Means if i try to compose mail to the same contact it is showing that contact in list but in Peoples app that contact is not there. Please help me...
  8. Saving Mail App Contacts to People

Saving Mail App Contacts to People: How can I save a person as a Contact when I receive an email from them? Whenever I received an email, the person used to be automatically saved in Contacts/People. Not anymore. Tapping on the person's email info only opens a reply. The only way I can save a Contact is by...
  9. Import contacts to mail app

Import contacts to mail app: Hey, How can I import contacts from my ...mail.com email account into the mail app on the new microsoft surface laptop. I can only see support for Google accounts...
  10. Contacts in People app not linking to mail

Contacts in People app not linking to mail: Although I have added a new contact to people app and saved when I come to send an email the name is not shown in list of contacts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/contacts-in-people-app-not-linking-to-mail/57d799bb-8a10-4db7-be9e-32c8389b94a0

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remove recent contacts from mail app windows 10

2. disabling linking contacts in windows phone

3. recent contacts microsoft people

4. recent contacts in microsoft mail,
  5. stop microsoft recent contacts,
  6. remove recent contact from microsoft mail,
  7. modify recent contacts mail