Windows 10: Microsoft Mail app is not opening

Discus and support Microsoft Mail app is not opening in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I am not able to open microsoft mail app.. getting the error "We’re updating Mail. It should be ready to use again shortly."... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by SubhadeepHalder, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Microsoft Mail app is not opening

I am not able to open microsoft mail app.. getting the error "We’re updating Mail. It should be ready to use again shortly."

:)

SubhadeepHalder, Nov 15, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Microsoft Mail app is not opening :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Nov 15, 2019
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Nov 15, 2019
  4. philc43 Win User

Microsoft Mail app is not opening

Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Nov 15, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Mail app is not opening

1. Microsoft Mail app is not opening - Similar Threads - Microsoft Mail app

2. Microsoft Store, Photos, Mail and Other Apps Will Not Open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store, Photos, Mail and Other Apps Will Not Open: I recently had a problem with my pc turning on, so reset it and thought everything was fixed, until I realised that some apps including Microsoft Store, Photos and Mail will not open. When I try to open Microsoft Store and Mail, the icon shrinks as if opening normally, but...
  3. Microsoft Store, Photos, Mail and Other Apps Will Not Open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store, Photos, Mail and Other Apps Will Not Open: I recently had a problem with my pc turning on, so reset it and thought everything was fixed, until I realised that some apps including Microsoft Store, Photos and Mail will not open. When I try to open Microsoft Store and Mail, the icon shrinks as if opening normally, but...
  4. Microsoft Mail App:

Microsoft Mail App:: My mail app is not working correctly . I tried to delete it and it won't totally delete... I reinstall it and it says I own it... They keep asking my to buy Microsoft 365 as I don't have it... I really don't need it only I would like the mail app that comes with it ... any...
  5. Microsoft Mail app

Microsoft Mail app: Hello. I'm having an issue with the Microsoft Mail app. It's worked fine for two years, but yesterday it disappeared from my taskbar unexpectedly. When I loaded it up again, it did not load my emails and then disappeared form my screen again a few moments later. I've...
  6. Cannot open Mail app and Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot open Mail app and Microsoft Store: After a Windows Update occurred on my computer I lost many programs and now I cannot use my "mail" icon Microsoft Store. Each time I press the icons nothing happens. I have attempted to restart my computer several times, logged out and logged back in, nothing. What can I...
  7. Windows Mail app will not open

Windows Mail app will not open: This morning when I went to check my email, the mail tile will not open. I click on it, there is a momentary pause showing the mail screen, and then.... nothing. I restarted the computer but still nothing. I didn't change any settings or do anything. The tile just stopped...
  8. Microsoft Mail app

Microsoft Mail app: Hi, I wonder if anyone can help with this, I'm going around in circles .. Scenario; Start desktop PC, Windows 10 starts normally. Open Windows 10 Mail and Calendar app to view mail. Mail app opens, it shows mail in inbox list, but no recently synced mail. Click on other...
  9. Calculator and mail apps not opening

Calculator and mail apps not opening: Hello, when i click on the mail or calculator app they will start up than close down. I gave tried resting them, i have created another account it has the same issues. That has started happening after the last upgrade....
  10. Mail app will not open on 10041.

Mail app will not open on 10041.: After upgrading to 10041 the mail app was missing. Installation through the store failed with Event ID 214, AppReadiness Code: 'microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_8wekyb3d8bbwe' install failed for xxxxxxxxxxx@xxxxx.com. Error: 'To install this application you need either...