Windows 10: Microsoft mail app showing other peoples emails.

Discus and support Microsoft mail app showing other peoples emails. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I had my older brother set up an account on my computer, if he wants to use it, and now when i go to the email app on my account, it shows his emails,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Thomasb_21, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Microsoft mail app showing other peoples emails.

I had my older brother set up an account on my computer, if he wants to use it, and now when i go to the email app on my account, it shows his emails, which i don't want to see, 1 for privacy reasons, 2 There doesn't seem to be a way to switch to MY email on the app.

Help?

:)

Thomasb_21, Sep 16, 2020
  2. kjdawson1 Win User

Email addresses in People app does not open up in the mail app

I have windows 10. Previously in the people app when you clicked on a persons email you had the option to open the email in the mail app. Now when I click on any persons email whether it is gmail or outlook et al, it no longer gives me a choice to open in the mail app.... rather it just opens up my browser. This is for every email address I have in the people app. One more thing for your clarification. The mail app is synced with the people app because when I insert a name in the "to" box, the email addresses from the contact list show up as options. So I don't think this is a syncing issue. The problem is that you can't use the people app to email anyone because all it does is open up a browser when you click on the emaill address in the people app. Any Suggestions?

kjdawson1, Sep 16, 2020
  3. Helmut Win User
    Email addresses in People app does not open up in the mail app

The Mail App and People App have had recent updates.

The People App here lost all contacts on mine, and settings > accounts had to be redone. That got them back fortunately.

Actually what you mention does work here (bit of a surprise there....).
    It comes up with "Choose which account to send the Email from", then you choose which account and the Mail App opens up appropriately.

So, I would go through your People App settings as using Webmail(Internet email) is an option in Advanced Setup.
    People App > Settings cog > + Add an Account > Advanced Setup.

It is very confusing. On mine only 3 accounts are listed, but the choose list has all 6 Accounts, hmmm.... what an MS mess up.

Helmut, Sep 16, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Microsoft mail app showing other peoples emails.

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Microsoft mail app showing other peoples emails. :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft mail app showing other peoples emails.

1. Microsoft mail app showing other peoples emails. - Similar Threads - Microsoft mail app

2. Why does Windows Mail - People contacts show 2 email addresses? My outlook and the other...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Windows Mail - People contacts show 2 email addresses? My outlook and the other...: OK, I want to add an email address to my windows mail/outlook contacts, but when I do it through Windows Mail->People, I see 2 email addresses, other = my outlook email, and Personal = the other persons email address, and when I try to use Cortana to send an email to that...
  3. How to add an email address and name to Microsoft People app from Microsoft mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to add an email address and name to Microsoft People app from Microsoft mail app: Hi guys, When I receive an email in the Microsoft email app, how do I add that email address and name to the Microsoft People app from the Microsoft email app. Kind regards jkeXZ...
  4. Microsoft People/People app

Microsoft People/People app: Recently had to reinstall Win 10 Pro on my desktop. People or Microsoft People should have been part of that install, I believe, but maybe not because I believe I kept my files and programs. Regardless, my contacts in People are gone. Apps show I have 'People' but will not...
  5. People App Not Saving Emails And Not Syncing With Mail

People App Not Saving Emails And Not Syncing With Mail: Hi, I have been trying to make a group contact in the people app but it won't save the emails. It creates the contact card but it won't save the emails to it. When I create it it says the emails are there but then they disappear when I search for it later. Tried making just...
  6. People App and Email App.

People App and Email App.: I still do NOT understand the behavior of those two apps. They are supposed to work together don't they. This happened: a friend of mine informed that he changed his email address. I opened his name in the People app, but the old email address was not displayed, but was...
  7. People not showing in people app

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    People not showing in people app: Hi I have a contact that I cannot find and want to delete. When I type an email address, autofill puts the wrong email address. For example I want to send an email to abcdef@123, at some stage it autofills to abch@123. The contact is not in the People App so I can't...
  8. Adding email sender to People app from Mail

Adding email sender to People app from Mail: When I receive an email in Mail app how do I add that person as a contact in the People app. I am fully up to date running Windows 10 Home 1903. I know I can do this by copy paste etc in a manual way but where is the option to left/right click and select add? I have read...
  9. Email addresses in People app does not open up in the mail app

in Browsers and Email
    Email addresses in People app does not open up in the mail app: I have windows 10. Previously in the people app when you clicked on a persons email you had the option to open the email in the mail app. Now when I click on any persons email whether it is gmail or outlook et al, it no longer gives me a choice to open in the mail app.......
  10. Cannot save email address from Mail app to People app

Cannot save email address from Mail app to People app: I am trying to add an email address from an existing email from the Windows 10 Mail app to the Windows 10 People app. I click the email adress, click OPEN CONTACT, click SAVE. It does not save. Instead, it opens my list of contacts and asks me to "Choose a contact". I have to...