Windows 10: Microsoft Mail App won't recognise my account

Discus and support Microsoft Mail App won't recognise my account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My email address is from NTL world days and Microsoft app on laptop will not recognise it, please help!! I would like to use the app as if I use my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AnneMcDermott1, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Microsoft Mail App won't recognise my account

My email address is from NTL world days and Microsoft app on laptop will not recognise it, please help!! I would like to use the app as if I use my account online i am getting constant spam mail.

:)

AnneMcDermott1, Jan 11, 2021

2. Unable to add Gmail account in Mail app

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern as you are trying to add Yahoo/Gmail email account in Mail app.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Version and Build of Windows 10 currently installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the Version of Mail app installed?
    • Do you have any non-Microsoft Antivirus/security program installed?
    • Are you aware of any changes on the PC prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps and check if that helps.

Steps to add Yahoo email in Mail app.

1. In yahoo mails account security, click on manage app passwords.
    2. After selecting other app and entering the new app name in the text box
    3. Now, in Windows 10 mail app, add this type of account.
    4. In Windows 10 mail app, enter your details and the password generated by step 2

Steps to add Gmail email in Mail app

Step 1: Connect your Google account to PC

1. Go to the Security section of your Google account
    2. Under Connected
      apps
      and sites, go to Apps
      connected to your account
    3. Make sure that Windows is on the list

Step 2: Enable IMAP on your Google account

1. Sign in to Gmail
    2. Click the gear in the top right
    3. Select Settings
    4. Click Forwarding
      and POP/IMAP

5. Select Enable IMAP
    6. Click Save Changes

Step 3: Add Gmail account.

1. Open Mail app.
    2. Click on the gear icon to open settings.
    3. Click on Manage account.
    4. Click on Add account.
    5. Now select Google and check if you are able to add the account.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jan 11, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Microsoft Mail App won't recognise my account :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jan 11, 2021
  4. Microsoft Mail App won't recognise my account

Unable to add account in Microsoft Mail app.

Hi gajalshankar,

I suggest that you reset Mail App by following the steps below:

1. Go to Settings > System > Apps & features.
    2. Scroll down until your find Mail and Calendar. Click on it and then Advanced Options.
    3. Click the reset button.
    4. Once done, sign in on Mail App again.

If the above steps didn't work, you may also run the app troubleshooter and check if it helps. Follow the below

link
    to run the app troubleshooter. If the issue persists after resetting Mail App and running the troubleshooter, I highly recommend you to create another user profile through this

link
    and log in to Mail App and see if the issue will occur.

Keep us posted with the result.

Jesebel Ova, Jan 11, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Mail App won't recognise my account

1. Microsoft Mail App won't recognise my account - Similar Threads - Microsoft Mail App

2. Microsoft Store won't recognise my account email address

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store won't recognise my account email address: I bought Minecraft on my Microsoft account. To install it, I need to be logged into the account. When I go to log in, a message pops up to say "That Microsoft account doesn't exist. Enter a different account or get a new one." When I click on "No account? Create one!" it then...
  3. Microsoft Store won't recognise my account email address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store won't recognise my account email address: I bought Minecraft on my Microsoft account. To install it, I need to be logged into the account. When I go to log in, a message pops up to say "That Microsoft account doesn't exist. Enter a different account or get a new one." When I click on "No account? Create one!" it then...
  4. Microsoft Store won't recognise my account email address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. microsoft doesnt recognise my account

microsoft doesnt recognise my account: I can no longer access my microsoft account on my computer. When I try and sign into my account it tells me that my account doesnt exist. However I can still sign into microsoft website with my email and password. not sure what to do. much appreciated RegardsFiachra...
  6. microsoft doesnt recognise my account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    microsoft doesnt recognise my account: I can no longer access my microsoft account on my computer. When I try and sign into my account it tells me that my account doesnt exist. However I can still sign into microsoft website with my email and password. not sure what to do. much appreciated RegardsFiachra...
  7. microsoft doesnt recognise my account

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Microsoft account not recognised

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft account not recognised: Hello, My daughter's computer Windows 10, S mode recently said something about updates that it could not do sorry about the lack of detail- all very second hand information!. My wife decided to restart the computer and now we are confronted with the sign-in screen that...
  9. Microsoft doesnot recognise my account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft doesnot recognise my account.: I have purchased surface pro 7 and when i am adding my email and password it doesn't recognise it. AADSTS50020. I have MS 365 home edition. Regards,...
  10. Mail and People App won't sync to my Icloud Account

Mail and People App won't sync to my Icloud Account: Hello, I am trying to sync my contacts, calanders, and email from my Icloud to my windows mail and people apps. I checked for updates already and restarted my computer. I also tried to delete the account and re-enter the information twice....