Windows 10: Microsoft Mail keeps on syncing

Discus and support Microsoft Mail keeps on syncing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I have the same question as this one but that thread is locked (nice of you). My Gmail account suddenly doesn't sync anymore. In the account... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by KonstantinKlementiev, Jun 2, 2019.

1. Microsoft Mail keeps on syncing

Hello,

I have the same question as this one but that thread is locked (nice of you).

My Gmail account suddenly doesn't sync anymore. In the account settings it also keeps 'syncing your content'.

In the above mentioned thread the advice was to do reset in the advance app settings. I did, and actually didn't find the app after restart, wtf, it was deleted! Ok, reinstalled it and am having the same issue again.

Please provide an effective remedy.

Thanks!

:)

KonstantinKlementiev, Jun 2, 2019
  2. Jayzilla Win User

Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, Jun 2, 2019
  3. Email will not sync in Windows 10

Hi Steve,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to try the steps provided below and see if it helps you to fix the issue.
    I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the Mailbox sync settings.

• Open the Mail app and sign in to your account.

• Click on the gear icon (Settings) from the bottom left corner.

• Click on the Accounts under
      Settings.

• Click on your account.

• Click on the Change mailbox sync settings and check in the
      Sync options.

Do keep us updated.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Jun 2, 2019
  4. s427 Win User

Microsoft Mail keeps on syncing

Google account (mail / calendar) not syncing in Windows 10

I'm having a problem with the default Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10. For a while I was able to sync my Google account emails (Gmail) and calendar in those apps, but about a week ago, it has stopped working: the calendar is empty (no events, and no calendars listed), and the emails that were already synced are still there, but syncing doesn't bring any new email.

I tried deleting my Google account from the mail (or calendar) app, by going to "settings -> accounts", and then re-creating the account. I did that three times. Each time I was able to complete the following steps:

1. enter my Gmail address,
    2. then my Google account password,
    3. then the confirmation code sent by SMS,
    4. and finally got to the screen "Windows would like to..." (permissions listing), on which I clicked "Accept" (obviously).

The first time, I then got a Windows message "Something went wrong", followed by an error code (I didn't write it down).

The second time, I didn't get this error message, so it looked like the account was successfully created (it appeared in my accounts list in the settings of those apps), but nothing was synced: both apps (mail / calendar) remained empty. (I tried syncing manually by clicking the sync button in the mail app: still nothing, even though the app confirmed that it was "up to date".)

For my third attempt, I had found this question, so I went and created an "app password" in my Google account, specifically for those apps. But when I got to the password screen (step 2 described above) and entered this app password instead of my regular account password, I got an error message (from Google) asking me to enter my account password and not an app password. So I did that, and that got me exactly the same result as my second attempt (account created but nothing synced).

I also tried both answers given on the same question (first via "settings > accounts > add account > Other account", and second via "settings > accounts > add account > Advanced setup"), but none of them worked for me (again, account created but nothing synced).

Has anyone experienced the same problems? How can I make this work?

UPDATE: a few months back (early October 2015) I received an email from Microsoft inviting me to "reconnect to Google" (that was the title of the email). I ignored it for a while, but recently followed the steps in this email and now everything seems to be working fine. So I'm guessing that MS somehow fixed whatever bug it was.

s427, Jun 2, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Mail keeps on syncing

1. Microsoft Mail keeps on syncing - Similar Threads - Microsoft Mail keeps

2. Microsoft Mail Syncing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Mail Syncing: I have two existing accounts on my Microsoft mail, I have added a third and I am not receiving emails nor am I able to change the sync settings. Please can someone advise?...
  3. Microsoft Mail Syncing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Mail Syncing: I have two existing accounts on my Microsoft mail, I have added a third and I am not receiving emails nor am I able to change the sync settings. Please can someone advise?...
  4. Microsoft Mail sync with Microsoft Outlook?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Mail sync with Microsoft Outlook?: Microsoft Mail seems to have taken over being 'default' email program when clicking on a email address within a web page. It did ask to complete setup by adding my email password which I did. Don't mind so much it opening when I click on an email address in a website used to...
  5. Microsoft Mail sync with Microsoft Outlook?

Microsoft Mail sync with Microsoft Outlook?: Microsoft Mail seems to have taken over being 'default' email program when clicking on a email address within a web page. It did ask to complete setup by adding my email password which I did. Don't mind so much it opening when I click on an email address in a website used to...
  6. Mail not syncing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mail not syncing: Since early April my Microsoft mail won't sync with my Yahoo account. It keeps telling me my password is out of date. I changed the password & it still won't work. How can this be fixed?...
  7. My AOL mail will no longer sync in Microsoft Mail.

My AOL mail will no longer sync in Microsoft Mail.: My AOL mail will no longer sync in Microsoft Mail. This was never a problem until recently. When looking at the inbox screen, I can see my other synced accounts but there is a triangle with an exclamation point in it next to AOL. I have attempted to troubleshoot it in many...
  8. Mail Sync

Mail Sync: I have been using windows 10 mail to access my ATT email via yahoo for several years. I utilize this on 2 devices 1: laptop and 2: desktop. The other day when I tried to sync on the desktop it says there is a problem and going through the fix it asks to update the password....
  9. Mail sync

Mail sync: Linked to mail accounts, Mail Windows 10 and Gmail I now get duplicate mail, how can i resolve this issue GR https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-sync/f12a5d37-8b54-4b1d-ad61-22eb2249f231
  10. Windows 10 mail app keeps syncing

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 mail app keeps syncing: Okay so I booted my computer today and select the windows 10 mail app and it had updated today. Now it won't stop syncing and Uni stack Service group is causing high disk usage. What should I do? 81259

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mailbird for windows 10 keeps synking gmail account

2. mailbox keeps syncing 1byte

3. microsoft mail keeps syncing imap account