Windows 10: Microsoft mail not sending attachments.

Discus and support Microsoft mail not sending attachments. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; MS mail fails to send attachments. My advice, fuggedaboudit and use gmail or anything else. Solution: Use another mail system and have a life. Why... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Default_Username1112, May 22, 2023.

1. Microsoft mail not sending attachments.

MS mail fails to send attachments. My advice, fuggedaboudit and use gmail or anything else. Solution: Use another mail system and have a life. Why waste time trying to fix yet another MS fail when there are so many other fast and functional options. Clearly MS doesn't care, why should you?Get a life.

:)

Default_Username1112, May 22, 2023

2. Unable to send e mails with attachments using outlook

Hi Ernie,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I see that you are not able to send email with attachments in Outlook.

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

Are you trying to send mail using outlook.com or the mail app?

What is the size of the attachment you are trying to send?

If you are using mail app then I would suggest you to follow the below step,

Run the Windows App Troubleshooter

I suggest you to download and run the app troubleshooter from the below link and check if it helps.

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store - Microsoft Support

If you send an email that exceeds the maximum email size limit of the recipient’s email provider then the mail with attachment will stay in the mailbox.

For outlook.com and Hotmail the maximum email size limit is (10MB per file attachment).For Microsoft Outlook it is 20 MB.

Reply us with more information to help you assist better.

Anup Karkal, May 22, 2023
  3. Issues while sending attachments using Mail app

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your query related to not being able to send any attachments using the Mail app. For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below.

1. Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently?
    2. Are you aware of any changes made to the PC prior to which you weren’t facing this issue?
    3. What type of attachments are you trying to send?

Refer the article Which version of Windows operating system am
    I running?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and see if that helps.

Method 1:

Try running the troubleshooter for Windows Store apps.

1. Press Windows + I keys to open Settings.
    2. Now click on Update & Security and select Troubleshoot
    3. Scroll down and look for Windows Store Apps and click on it
    4. Now click on Run this troubleshooter
    5. Follow the on-screen instructions

Method 2:

Try re-installing Mail app and see if that works.

1. Press Windows + X keys together and click on Windows PowerShell (Admin)
    2. Accept the UAC prompts
    3. Now type in the following command and hit
      Enter
      :

Get-AppxPackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | Remove-AppxPackage
    4. Restart the PC

Method 3:

Try creating a new user account and then see if you are able to send attachments using Mail app. Refer the article

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, May 22, 2023
  4. Bushido1 Win User

Microsoft mail not sending attachments.

Windows Mail and Calendar won't send attachments

I have the same problem with my Gmail e-mail account in Windows 10 Mail app.
    I managed to send attachments previously but now Mail app gives me an error: ,,Error in sending e-mail".
    I use Microsoft account in Windows 10.

Bushido1, May 22, 2023
Thema:

Microsoft mail not sending attachments.

1. Microsoft mail not sending attachments. - Similar Threads - Microsoft mail sending

2. Microsoft mail not sending attachments.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft mail not sending attachments.: MS mail fails to send attachments. My advice, fuggedaboudit and use gmail or anything else. Solution: Use another mail system and have a life. Why waste time trying to fix yet another MS fail when there are so many other fast and functional options. Clearly MS doesn't care,...
  3. Send photos as e-mail attachments.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Send photos as e-mail attachments.: Windows 10 Mail seems only to offer "insert" rather than "attach." With documents I still have the option to attach. What am I missing? Also, I try right-click Send To "mail recipient" and get a message telling me to "create an association in the Default Programs control...
  4. Send photos as e-mail attachments.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Send photos as e-mail attachments.: Windows 10 Mail seems only to offer "insert" rather than "attach." With documents I still have the option to attach. What am I missing? Also, I try right-click Send To "mail recipient" and get a message telling me to "create an association in the Default Programs control...
  5. Sending attachments in Mail for Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sending attachments in Mail for Windows 10: I find that sometimes I get bounceback "Server cannot deliver. Permanent error etc.It has been suggested that there may be a restriction on the size of the attachment. Any ideas?...
  6. Unable to send attachments using Win10 mail.

Unable to send attachments using Win10 mail.: Has the issue where mail cannot send attachments ever been resolved? I've looked through the various threads and have been unable to find the answer. Had been working for years....
  7. sending attachments with e-mails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    sending attachments with e-mails: I think I hit a wrong button...somehow via being new to Windows 10 and a new computer. After I attach documents to an e-mail, I can not open the attachment to review it before sending, and when sent to a recipient, they can not open the attachment. Help....
  8. Attachments attach to every e-mail I send out.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Attachments attach to every e-mail I send out.: Attachments attach to every e-mail I send out. how can I stop this ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/attachments-attach-to-every-e-mail-i-send-out/19b45019-93ea-4048-8f78-fb8e1a26dcf9"
  9. Attachments not sending

Attachments not sending: Hi there Why is it that sometimes my attachments don't send to the recipients even when I've double checked that they're there before hitting send? How can I prevent this from hapenning? Kit...
  10. Windows Mail and Calendar won't send attachments

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Mail and Calendar won't send attachments: Windows Mail and Calendar won't send attachments. I can attach a file, hit send, but it doesn't show whether it went out and it never comes in. I understand that perhaps some problems with Windows 10 are resolved by connecting Mail and Calendar and Windows 10 with an online...