Windows 10: Microsoft Mail

Discus and support Microsoft Mail in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have Microsoft Mail, NOT Outlook. Recently, when I am composing a new email, if I leave Mail to go to another app, when I return to Mail, my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Carole A F, May 6, 2021.

1. Microsoft Mail

I have Microsoft Mail, NOT Outlook. Recently, when I am composing a new email, if I leave Mail to go to another app, when I return to Mail, my composition has disappeared. It is not in Drafts, Archive, Sent, Deleted Items. It is just gone, and I have to start all over again. Does anyone have a fix for that?

:)

Carole A F, May 6, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Microsoft Mail :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, May 6, 2021
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, May 6, 2021
  4. Mala_S Win User

Microsoft Mail

Microsoft Mail

Hello AnneGuelker,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I would suggest you with few simple troubleshooting steps. Kindly follow the below.

1. May I know how many accounts are configured in the Mail App?

Method 1: Try to run the PowerShell command and check if it helps.

• Open the Task manager (Press
      CTRL+Shift+ESC).
    • Click File > Run New Task.
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”.
    • Type PowerShell.
    • Type the following in the PowerShell prompt:
    $manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml’; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest

• Close the PowerShell window
    • Reboot the computer.

-> Also check the junk mail to see if there are any emails.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Mala.S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, May 6, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Mail

1. Microsoft Mail - Similar Threads - Microsoft Mail

2. Microsoft support e-mail?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft support e-mail?: I'm getting really desperate in trying to get support from Microsoft.I tried getting through their support at help.microsoft.com, then in the Get Help app, even requested to call me back by phone, with no luck.In 2016 I've bought an upgrade to Windows 10 Pro and recently I...
  3. Strange Characters in Links in Microsoft Mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Strange Characters in Links in Microsoft Mail: I sometimes forward a link to people. I have noticed that occasionally, when I click on an e-mail icon to bring up Microsoft Mail, where the link should be is a string of strange characters which looks like an Oriental language. Has anyone else ever had this problem, and if...
  4. microsoft mail app windows 10 20H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microsoft mail app windows 10 20H2: I have windows mail app and it just doesn't work. If I try to select more than on email at a time it freezes and is locked until I restart it. I have seached widely for a solution.. and there isn't one, nothing works, uninstall, reinstall, troubleshoot... nothing works. The...
  5. Adding an incoming email contact on Microsoft Mail Windows 10 to my people list

Adding an incoming email contact on Microsoft Mail Windows 10 to my people list: Hi there,Every post I have read, showing how easy it is to add an incoming email contact, on Microsoft Mail Windows 10 to my people list,just doesn't work for me.!!!The simple answer is, when I click on the incoming name as advised, first red ring on photo below the resulting...
  6. Old E-mail account linked to Microsoft Account Creating Havoc

in Windows 10 Customization
    Old E-mail account linked to Microsoft Account Creating Havoc: I had the same e-mail account for the better part of a decade provided by my ISP MTS/Bell Canada. It was linked to damn near every internet account I had after 30+ years in IT ... many. I changed ISPs, losing access to the original account. I managed to change my Microsoft...
  7. Latest Microsoft update and Windows Live Mail issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest Microsoft update and Windows Live Mail issues: April 22, 2021 updated to latest Microsoft update, since then have not been able to send and receive in Windows live mail. POPUP screen gives a "check for new messages failed error for persons email account" under tasks tab, and "There was an error trying to build the list...
  8. How do I send email manually and not immediately using Microsoft Mail?

How do I send email manually and not immediately using Microsoft Mail?: How do I send emails manually and not immediately using Microsoft Mail? I like to check and edit emails from the outbox in my other email program before sending....
  9. Microsoft Windows 10 mail system app.

Microsoft Windows 10 mail system app.: Ok. Long time user of Microsoft Windows since XP and now with Windows 10. I have an account with Microsoft for security with Defender. I use Mail and Microsoft Edge as my search engin. I never use Google for anything. Now, my problem is that when I receice an e-mail...
  10. How to add an email address and name to Microsoft People app from Microsoft mail app

How to add an email address and name to Microsoft People app from Microsoft mail app: Hi guys, When I receive an email in the Microsoft email app, how do I add that email address and name to the Microsoft People app from the Microsoft email app. Kind regards jkeXZ...