Windows 10: Microsoft Makes it Official: Becomes Sponsor of Open Source Initiative

Discus and support Microsoft Makes it Official: Becomes Sponsor of Open Source Initiative in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; After years of increasing involvement and engagement in open source software projects and communities, Microsoft takes what may be their most dramatic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Microsoft Makes it Official: Becomes Sponsor of Open Source Initiative

Source: Microsoft Makes it Official: Becomes Sponsor of Open Source Initiative | Open Source Initiative

Brink, Sep 25, 2017
  2. erica647 Win User

This seems like a good thing but still scares me... I always wonder what a big business like Microsoft is really up to.

:)

erica647, Sep 27, 2017
  3. AndySteck Win User
    Website not working with Windows Phone 8 - Internet Explorer

Would somebody please look at the website MLS Fantasy and let me know why after clicking the Sign In tab, or any tab for that matter nothing happens. This is a website for Major
    League Soccer's official fantasy league, which Microsoft happens to be an official sponsor for. Given that Microsoft is an official sponsor, one would think that the web page would work on Microsoft's phone.

AndySteck, Sep 27, 2017
  4. Microsoft Makes it Official: Becomes Sponsor of Open Source Initiative

Windows Defender in AV Test in ComputerActive 18-31 January 2017

I couldn't made any comment or give any official response , but I could share my opinion:

When Microsoft initially released Anti-Virus software which was Windows Live OneCare and Forefront, the result was great and they were commercial Anti-Virus software, but what I notice, is since Windows Defender build into Windows 8 and Windows 10 and Microsoft
    Security Essentials become available for free, results all become against Microsoft Security products and I found it weird.

In general, no one could ever claim, they have Anti-Virus which protect against all malwares. The important factor is , it should be able to response to well-known malwares and unknown malware and from experience in this forum and other sources, people are
    satisfy with Windows Defender.

Cyber_Defend_Team, Sep 27, 2017
  5. Yet Microsoft still refuse to open source the language and IDE.

VB6 Programming, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Makes it Official: Becomes Sponsor of Open Source Initiative

1. Microsoft Makes it Official: Becomes Sponsor of Open Source Initiative - Similar Threads - Microsoft Makes Official

2. What Microsoft Official Apps Are Good for Making YTPMVs?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What Microsoft Official Apps Are Good for Making YTPMVs?: I've been looking for any non-paid Microsoft official video apps besides Sony Vegas, and so far, none. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-microsoft-official-apps-are-good-for-making/2e077bff-d7a9-4047-9ed8-86e3ae22a118
  3. What Microsoft Official Apps Are Good for Making YTPMVs?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What Microsoft Official Apps Are Good for Making YTPMVs?: I've been looking for any non-paid Microsoft official video apps besides Sony Vegas, and so far, none. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-microsoft-official-apps-are-good-for-making/2e077bff-d7a9-4047-9ed8-86e3ae22a118
  4. Open Source on Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Open Source on Microsoft Store: How can I publish a free open-source project on Microsoft Store? It's a Win32 Windows desktop app using WinUI 3 and Windows SDK API. What sort of developer account do I need?...
  5. Open Source on Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Open Source on Microsoft Store: How can I publish a free open-source project on Microsoft Store? It's a Win32 Windows desktop app using WinUI 3 and Windows SDK API. What sort of developer account do I need?...
  6. Macro : Initial become Result

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Macro : Initial become Result: INITIALResult A3201A320132023203 A3202A3216 A3203B321832203226 A3216B32353239 B3218C324032763282 B3220D328332843287 B3226D328832893297 B3235D3424 B3239 C3240 C3276 C3282Dear, Please i need a Macro , D3283Column A, B : Initial D3284with Macro become as Result D3287...
  7. Microsoft revives Power Toys program, makes it open source

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft revives Power Toys program, makes it open source: Remember Power Toys? If you worked on PCs when Windows 95 or XP were en vogue, you may remember that Microsoft released a number of useful tools back then to extend the functionality of the Windows operating system. In 2006, we reviewed TweakUI, an official program by...
  8. Microsoft Edge Making web better with more open source collaboration

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge Making web better with more open source collaboration: For the past few years, Microsoft has meaningfully increased participation in the open source software (OSS) community, becoming one of the world’s largest supporters of OSS projects. Today we’re announcing that we intend to adopt the Chromium open source project in the...
  9. Official open source Windows Insider app coming soon

in Windows 10 News
    Official open source Windows Insider app coming soon: For those who are part of the Windows Insider Program (WIP), you'll be pleased to know that an official app is in the works. The app was teased at Microsoft's Ignite conference during a session dedicated to talking about WIP in business and enterprise. There's not a lot...
  10. Any Official Sources of Windows 10 Upgrade as ISO?

in Windows 10 Support
    Any Official Sources of Windows 10 Upgrade as ISO?: I have at least 5 Windows 7 PCs in my house and one on my boat. I really don't want to have to download Windows several times, especially on the 3G only computer. *Eek There was an Insider article that stated "You will be able to download the update through Windows Update...