Windows 10: Microsoft, making BING Search the default and not allowing us to change is PATHETIC

Discus and support Microsoft, making BING Search the default and not allowing us to change is PATHETIC in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I just updated per MS recommendation and am now unable to get back to Google Search. Even changing the preferred engine in Windows 10 and Chrome to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by hanoverj, Oct 15, 2019.

1. hanoverj Win User

Microsoft, making BING Search the default and not allowing us to change is PATHETIC

I just updated per MS recommendation and am now unable to get back to Google Search. Even changing the preferred engine in Windows 10 and Chrome to Google Search doesn't do it. You've done a great job of blocking the competition, but you sure as hell lost a fan.

:)

hanoverj, Oct 15, 2019
  2. Cecil_IL Win User

changing default search engine to google from Bing in IE Edge

To change the default search engine on Windows Edge.

Step One: Open Microsoft Edge

Step Two: type in the search engine into the browser address such as (www.google.com)

Step Three: Click on the three dots top right below the x (close button)

Step Four: Click on settings

Step Five: Scroll and click on Advance Settings

Step Six: Scroll to Search in the address bar with click within the box

Step Seven: Click on Add NEw

Step Eight: Your search engine should be listed Click on it

Final Step: select your choice of:

Add as default

Add

Tried this 26 Nov 2015 to make Google.com my search engine and received report "Couldn't add this provider"

Cecil_IL, Oct 15, 2019
  3. changing default search engine to google from Bing in IE Edge

To change the default search engine on Windows Edge.

Step One: Open Microsoft Edge

Step Two: type in the search engine into the browser address such as (www.google.com)

Step Three: Click on the three dots top right below the x (close button)

Step Four: Click on settings

Step Five: Scroll and click on Advance Settings

Step Six: Scroll to Search in the address bar with click within the box

Step Seven: Click on Add NEw

Step Eight: Your search engine should be listed Click on it

Final Step: select your choice of:

Add as default

Add

Rico Novice, Oct 15, 2019
  4. Microsoft, making BING Search the default and not allowing us to change is PATHETIC

Google as default search

On my new Samsung Notebook 9 I want to make Google the default search engine in Internet Explorer. I open Explorer, click on tools, click on manage add-ons and then click on search providers. That shows me a list which includes Bing (twice) and Google.
    In the far right column under "search suggestions" Bing is listed as "enabled" and Google is listed as "not available." How do I make Google available?

JosephHHarrisonJr, Oct 15, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft, making BING Search the default and not allowing us to change is PATHETIC

1. Microsoft, making BING Search the default and not allowing us to change is PATHETIC - Similar Threads - Microsoft making BING

2. Edge keeps asking to change default search engine to bing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge keeps asking to change default search engine to bing: Hello,I really like the Edge browser even tho the updates during the last year made things worse.However, what really annoys me is edge keeps asking to update my settings to use bing as the default search engine. Is there a way to prevent or disable this?...
  3. Edge keeps asking to change default search engine to bing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge keeps asking to change default search engine to bing: Hello,I really like the Edge browser even tho the updates during the last year made things worse.However, what really annoys me is edge keeps asking to update my settings to use bing as the default search engine. Is there a way to prevent or disable this?...
  4. Edge keeps asking to change default search engine to bing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Microsoft Help is Pathetic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Help is Pathetic: Microsoft is an absolute joke. I have been with a legit Microsoft account since 2002 began with Xbox live. Well recently my xbox stopped working and I was ready to buy the new series X. Low an behold, they are NOWHERE to be found. I waited months on end trying to get my hands...
  6. Search defaults to Bing Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Search defaults to Bing Browser: V 1909 OS Build 18363.752 Sorry if this has been answered- here goes from new Win 10 install: I type in the search box and the default browser is Bing, I've tried a lot of the 'solutions' to try and change the default to Chrome. This is what I've done: 1) Changed default...
  7. remove bing as the default search engine in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    remove bing as the default search engine in Microsoft Edge: This has been asked till the cows come home but the answers are scripted and never tested before the response to the question. I know that bing is an integral part of the Edge browser. I create my own search engine in the list but bing won't allow my search engine to be used....
  8. Disable BING as default search engine

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable BING as default search engine: How do I disable BING from my browser? It pops up on start-up as the default search engine. It's so frustrating. I've gone into menu setting to change, tried the Cortana search settings fix, and it still defaults back to Bing. Have searched the internet over the months...
  9. Improvements to Microsoft Search in Bing

in Windows 10 News
    Improvements to Microsoft Search in Bing: Recently, you may have noticed some changes to the way Microsoft Search in Bing looks. We’ve made some improvements so using Office 365, SharePoint Online, and Microsoft Search in Bing is more consistent and familiar. We’ve also redesigned work and web results to provide a...
  10. MS Edge: Search Engine defaults to Bing

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge: Search Engine defaults to Bing: Hi, This morning, MS Edge defaults to Bing as the search engine even though the default setting is set to Google. I can't get it to default to Google, even though I am able to manually select Google as the search engine. How can I check if this is a problem with MS Edge or...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Bing search is pathetic