Windows 10: Microsoft Malware Protection and Search and Cortona Application are hogging my bandwidth;...

Discus and support Microsoft Malware Protection and Search and Cortona Application are hogging my bandwidth;... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I keep trying to play League of Legends. My connection is good, but I keep getting lag spikes. When I check on it in Glasswire, it tells me these two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/OrdanCoal, Jan 15, 2021.

1. Microsoft Malware Protection and Search and Cortona Application are hogging my bandwidth;...

I keep trying to play League of Legends. My connection is good, but I keep getting lag spikes. When I check on it in Glasswire, it tells me these two applications are taking up 10x+ the bandwidth of my other applications. What do I do? I don't give a **** if they want to update, but stop doing it while I'm trying to play my game, ffs

submitted by /u/OrdanCoal
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/OrdanCoal, Jan 15, 2021
  2. YinKayako Win User

Microsoft Malware Protection Command Line taking all my bandwidth sometimes

Hello,

So everything is in the title: sometimes Microsoft Malware Protection Command Line Process is taking up all my bandwidth. I don't have much and it is shared with other people so I can't be hogging the connection like that.

1. Why is it taking my bandwidth ? I didn't see an update in the update center or anything. Is it updating himself or it's malware database ?

2. How can I limit/control the download/upload: is there a grouppolicy to limit it like the updates ? Is there something to notify me so I can download it in my own time (also like the updates ?)

Thank you for your time.

YinKayako, Jan 15, 2021
  3. Is there any way to hog my wifi bandwidth on purpose?

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

I would like to inform you that there is not option in Windows 10 to hog the Wi-Fi bandwidth.

I suggest you to contact the manufacture of the Wi-Fi router for any settings related to limit the usage of wifi bandwidth.

Please get back to us with an update on Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jan 15, 2021
  4. halfey Win User

Microsoft Malware Protection and Search and Cortona Application are hogging my bandwidth;...

Windows 10 - Delivery Optimization hogging bandwidth

Uh sorry but it appears in many cases disabling Windows Store update actually works. Just look at the first page where my suggestion being marked as helpful by 100+ users is proof enough that disabling Windows Store update solves the problem for many who
    experienced bandwidth hogging even after they modified the Delivery Optimization settings. YMMV

halfey, Jan 15, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Malware Protection and Search and Cortona Application are hogging my bandwidth;...

1. Microsoft Malware Protection and Search and Cortona Application are hogging my bandwidth;... - Similar Threads - Microsoft Malware Protection

2. Powershell hogging ram/cpu crypto malware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Powershell hogging ram/cpu crypto malware: Since i've got that issue and got it fixed with a good person named _AW_ in this community. i got it again and noticed a lot of people are having same issue. he told me in this thread to make a thread so he reply me....
  3. Powershell hogging ram/cpu crypto malware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Powershell hogging ram/cpu crypto malware: Since i've got that issue and got it fixed with a good person named _AW_ in this community. i got it again and noticed a lot of people are having same issue. he told me in this thread to make a thread so he reply me....
  4. Powershell hogging ram/cpu crypto malware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Malware protection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Malware protection: Which is the best antimalware program for windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/malware-protection/c3142fce-66ae-42e7-bd5a-5ee4a13912de
  6. Malware protection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Malware protection: Which is the best antimalware program for windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/malware-protection/c3142fce-66ae-42e7-bd5a-5ee4a13912de
  7. Search Protocol Host hogging internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search Protocol Host hogging internet: The last few days search protocol host has been using internet continuously. In the last four days it has used 14 GB of data. Some for SMB has also used over 4 GB of data in the last four days.[ATTACH]...
  8. Microsoft Malware Protection Command Line Utility

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Malware Protection Command Line Utility: There are 51 of these running in task manager. How do I disable them?? It's insane it's using up 75% of my memory. I saw some people say they changed the name of MpCmdRun.exe but when I try that it says I require permission from the same administrator account that I'm trying...
  9. Malware Protection

Malware Protection: What is the best Free Malware to download. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/malware-protection/020224cb-78a2-4821-9758-5a8efc88ba2e"
  10. Virus and malware protection

Virus and malware protection: Hi, I'm Jose Javier and I have a Window laptop with Windows 10 Home; version 10.0.17763. My computer has Window Defender Security System and an Antivirus named Avast. I have bought my laptop a year ago. I really want to know how I can get total Window Security with Window...