Windows 10: Microsoft Management Console - Waiting for Snap-Ins to Complete

Discus and support Microsoft Management Console - Waiting for Snap-Ins to Complete in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I recently awoke my laptop from sleep mode and up popped a message saying "Waiting for Snap-Ins to Complete" from Microsoft Management... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by OmarOmar, Jun 15, 2020.

1. OmarOmar Win User

Microsoft Management Console - Waiting for Snap-Ins to Complete

Hello,

I recently awoke my laptop from sleep mode and up popped a message saying "Waiting for Snap-Ins to Complete" from Microsoft Management Console.

I have no idea what Microsoft Management Console is and have no idea what Snap-Ins are or why my laptop was waiting for them to complete.

Is this an issue for me or is this completely normal?

Thanks,

Omar

:)

OmarOmar, Jun 15, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Device Manager Disappears in Computer Management Console

In the local group policy editor. Under
    User Configuration->Administrative Templates->Windows Components->Microsoft Management Console->Restricted/Permitted snap-ins->Extension snap-ins.
    If you have the Extentions snap-ins for Device Manager Disabled then the Device Manager will not show up in Computer Management Console as shown in the screen shot:

Microsoft Management Console - Waiting for Snap-Ins to Complete [​IMG]

If you are using Windows 10 Home Edition then Group Policy Editor is not available. However, you can try this tweak to enable the Group Policy Editor. I have never done this so I don't know if it works:
    How To Enable Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc) In Windows 10 Home Edition

topgundcp, Jun 15, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    management console

Do you mean that the MMC opens, but has nothing in it? If so, something has not been set up correctly. The MMC engine is used to show Services, but you shouldn't be seeing the MMC itself. If you've only just reinstalled W10 I would wipe it and install it again. If you have used it for a while and added stuff that would be time consuming to reinstall, then I would try an in-place repair install.

*Arrow Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade | Tutorials

Settings is a Windows App and should have nothing to do with the MMC, but Services is an MMC snap-in, defined by the file services.msc in the System32 folder. You can run it manually by typing services.msc in the WinKey+R Run box. Other commonly used MMC snap-ins are Disk Management, Task Scheduler, the Event Viewer and Device Manager.

One particularly useful MMC snap-in is Computer Management ( compmgmt.msc ) which has all of the above (and more) in one place for easy access.

4. Nick Dich Win User

Cannot Initialize the Snap-In MMC Console

Hi Eric,

Your concern regarding Microsoft Management Console unable to initialize the snap-in is more complex than what is typically answered in the Microsoft Answers forums. It is better suited for the System Center Configuration Manager audience on
    TechNet. Please post your question in the TechNet System Center Configuration Manager forum. Your are free to join any of existing discussions, or post your question specific to your concern. The link is provided here:

Microsoft TechNet - Ask a question.

In addition, we found this article on our support site that might help you resolve this issue. Kindly visit the link provided here:

"Snap-in failed to initialize" error message when you open Microsoft Management Console.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help.

Nick Dich, Jun 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Microsoft Management Console - Waiting for Snap-Ins to Complete - Similar Threads - Microsoft Management Console

2. Disc management snap in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disc management snap in: I currently back up to an external hard drive Toshiba, GBack ups appear to be working ok, but I thought I would like to open Toshiba and see what is there.When I click on the files listed, I get one of two messages. Tried the web for disc management snap-in, but found results...
  3. Microsoft management console suddenly appearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft management console suddenly appearing: I accessed 'device manager' in the control panel several times in the last few days, without a problem. Now this evening when I attempt to access it, the Microsoft Management Console pops up. I can still access the device manager but I'm suddenly forced to do so through the...
  4. Microsoft management console suddenly appearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft management console suddenly appearing: I accessed 'device manager' in the control panel several times in the last few days, without a problem. Now this evening when I attempt to access it, the Microsoft Management Console pops up. I can still access the device manager but I'm suddenly forced to do so through the...
  5. Microsoft management console suddenly appearing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. BSOD when snapping Microsoft Management Console

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD when snapping Microsoft Management Console: Just added a 4k TV (now main display) to my dual 1080p monitor PC setup and noticed that when I was using Event Viewer, snapping the event viewer window from the 4k display to the 1080p monitor using win key + arrows instantly causes an unexpected kernel mode trap. But just...
  7. my microsoft management console is crashing

in Windows 10 Customization
    my microsoft management console is crashing: Problem signature Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: mmc.exe Application Version: 10.0.19041.329 Application Timestamp: 2ede9d07 Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll Fault Module Version: 10.0.19041.572 Fault Module Timestamp: 1183946c Exception Code: 00000000...
  8. Sessions in Microsoft Management Console

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sessions in Microsoft Management Console: Hi, May I know the architecture of where the sessions opened for CIFS shares are stored? Does it use a Microsoft Database? Is there any article supporting this?...
  9. management console

in Windows 10 Support
    management console: recently I reinstalled windows 10 home edition on my hp laptop and since then the microsoft management console is appearing each time I try to open settings or services ect. why is this happening it didn't before. 127302
  10. Uninstalling Microsoft Management Console

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Uninstalling Microsoft Management Console: How do I uninstall the ms management console? i am always getting this dialog box saying that the administrator has blocked the particular app from running. how do i uninstall it permenently?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. waiting for all snap-ins to complete reddit

2. waiting for snap ins to complete

3. waiting for all snap-ins to complete

4. watong for all snap ins to complete