Windows 10: Microsoft mandatory upgrades have ruined my network adapter

Discus and support Microsoft mandatory upgrades have ruined my network adapter in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Oct 9th 2018 I gladly accepted the upgrade for Windows 10. At 3am while working on my desktop I lost my internet connection. I did everything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ConstanceRoman, Oct 21, 2018.

1. Microsoft mandatory upgrades have ruined my network adapter

Oct 9th 2018 I gladly accepted the upgrade for Windows 10. At 3am while working on my desktop I lost my internet connection. I did everything recommended . Now how are you going to fix this?

:)

ConstanceRoman, Oct 21, 2018

2. network adapters

Hi, Michael.

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per my understanding, you may be facing an issue with your driver updates.

I suggest that you perform the steps mentioned below and check if it helps you resolve your issue.

Method 1: Network troubleshooting

• On the search bar type “Troubleshooting”
        • Click on “Network and Internet”
        • Click on “Network Adapter” and run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: Download and install the latest firmware updates for the Network adapter

Follow these steps to un-install the drivers:

• On the search bar type “ Device Manager”
    • On the left pane locate “Network Adapter” and expand by clicking on it
    • Right on the “ Network driver” option and click “Uninstall’
    • Download the latest Wireless network adapter driver setup file from the manufacturer’s website and install it.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community

Vanessa Sohtun, Oct 21, 2018
  3. microsoft hosted network virtual adapter

Hi Sayan,

I too, had uninstalled the Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter, since I was unable to create a hotspot from the computer. After restarting, I was hoping for the adapter to be visible/present in the device manager, as it happens when we
    uninstall a USB Controller.

However, after restarting, the adapter is not seen in the Network adapters list, and also not found under the
    Other list, as you suggested above. This was checked after enabling view for hidden devices. Also, there is
    no yellow alert symbol near any adapter.

I have also restored the computer to an earlier restore point, but the adapter is still not seen !

Since, the Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter itself is not found in the list, there is no way to update the driver software for it.

Hotspot creation has worked for me many times since I've upgraded to Windows 10, and I need it to keep working as before.

Request you to help !

Thank you.

Also, Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter is not associated with a hardware, is it ?

ArtiShelar, Oct 21, 2018
  4. Microsoft mandatory upgrades have ruined my network adapter

missing microsoft hosted network virtual adapter

Hi Saqib,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the Wi-Fi hotspot on your device. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the exact issue you are facing with Microsoft hosted network virtual adapter on your device?
    • Were you able to see the driver in Device Manager?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message with this issue?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted drivers on your device. Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Network Adapter troubleshooter

Network Adapter troubleshooter find and fix the problems with wireless and other Network Adapter.

1. Click on
    Start; in the start search type Troubleshooter and hit
    Enter.

2. In the left pane, click on View all.

3. Click on
    Network Adapter Troubleshooter.

4. Select
    Advance and click on Run as Administrator.

5. Click
    Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Step 2: If you are able to find the drivers in Device Manager check for the device status.

Follow:

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Network Adapter, right click on the driver.
    • Click on Properties and check the device status.

Step 3: I suggest you to update the network adapter driver from device manager.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + x key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device manager.
    • Expand Network adapters. Right-click on the device and click
      Update Driver Software.
    • Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Refer to the article by Andre Da Costa about:
    How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10
    and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue and required information for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 21, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft mandatory upgrades have ruined my network adapter

1. Microsoft mandatory upgrades have ruined my network adapter - Similar Threads - Microsoft mandatory upgrades

2. WHY have Microsoft Ruined ALL my 3 computers?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WHY have Microsoft Ruined ALL my 3 computers?: Hi i just wonder why my Laptop was "ruined" by an FORCED update that seemingly did no good?, And why when synchronizing my laptop with my desktop got it ruined and asked for a password that i knew but was said was wrong?, And now 2 days ago windows did an update on my new...
  3. WHY have Microsoft Ruined ALL my 3 computers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHY have Microsoft Ruined ALL my 3 computers?: Hi i just wonder why my Laptop was "ruined" by an FORCED update that seemingly did no good?, And why when synchronizing my laptop with my desktop got it ruined and asked for a password that i knew but was said was wrong?, And now 2 days ago windows did an update on my new...
  4. Microsoft upgrade ruined my standard keyboard settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft upgrade ruined my standard keyboard settings: Why is Microsoft sabotaging my laptop with each forced updateÉ . As you can telll, now pressing shift and quotes give this: È and shift question mark É. Why canèt these è-experts-è stop messing around and do some QAéQC before hijacking what I paid for with my hard earned...
  5. Microsoft upgrade ruined my standard keyboard settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft upgrade ruined my standard keyboard settings: Why is Microsoft sabotaging my laptop with each forced updateÉ . As you can telll, now pressing shift and quotes give this: È and shift question mark É. Why canèt these è-experts-è stop messing around and do some QAéQC before hijacking what I paid for with my hard earned...
  6. Microsoft upgrade ruined my standard keyboard settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Microsoft upgrades ruined my documents.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft upgrades ruined my documents.: When I upgraded to the new microsoft, all my work documents changed formats. Parts of the documents have changed or were deleted. How do I convert them back to the old format on my Mac?...
  8. Delay the problematic mandatory upgrade for a month?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Delay the problematic mandatory upgrade for a month?: Yes I do not want the new Windows 10 make upgrade until they fix the problems. I am on the road and do not have the time to be trying to fix it after it screws things up. I have disabled and it still starts up. I have prolonged it for a few days and it still appears it...
  9. Microsoft ruined my PC?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft ruined my PC?: So, some background. I built a brand new PC at the start of September. Finished putting it together and worked like a charm. I'm using a 970 pro ssd to run my OS and everything and it booted up in a snap. A few days later, I had a small question with a simple answer, but...
  10. Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter" is not found in my laptop network adapters. How...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter" is not found in my laptop network adapters. How...: hi Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter" is not found in my laptop network adapters. How do i get it ? I am using window 10.when i check Device Manager hosted network not showing and also not showing any wifi setting...