Windows 10: Microsoft Map App showing my location at Africa coast as my locale is set in NJ, USA

Discus and support Microsoft Map App showing my location at Africa coast as my locale is set in NJ, USA in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; My default location on my Windows 10 is set in New Jersey, United States and Microsoft Map app is set to access my precise location but when I open Map... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by rongee2049, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Microsoft Map App showing my location at Africa coast as my locale is set in NJ, USA

My default location on my Windows 10 is set in New Jersey, United States and Microsoft Map app is set to access my precise location but when I open Map App, It shows my location in the Gulf of Guinea, Africa in the Atlantic Ocean while other maps like Google, Map Pro app, Sygic and others showing my correct location. I used my internet connection and/or GPS with the same results. I also tried re-installing Microsoft Map app with no success. Please help me out because I rather be using Map app... Thanks in advance!

:)

rongee2049, Aug 20, 2019

2. my location on maps app is wrong.

Hi Don,

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Kindly follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Location privacy settings in search bar
      and click on Location privacy settings.
    • Here you can enable/disable the Location.
    • You may try to Enable/Disable the Maps app to use the

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Aug 20, 2019
  3. Wrong location under Map App in Windows 10

Hello Glastonbury,

We appreciate your persistent patience on this issue. However, uninstalling the Map app might not be the best course of action as it actually isn't harming the health/performance of Windows. Lets try further.

At this point, in order to ascertain the root cause of the issue, I suggest you to check if the location shows correct in Weather app.

If it still does not help, I suggest you to check if the same issue occur when logged in through a different Local Administrator user account.

Follow the steps mentioned below:

• Assuming that you are already logged on to your user account in Windows 10, click the Start button.
    • From the Start menu, click your name from the top of the left pane.
    • From the displayed options click Sign out.
    • From the login screen, click to the different user account you want to switch to.

However, if you do not have a separate user account, I suggest you to create another Local administrator user account by referring to the Microsoft article here: Set
    up accounts

Kindly keep us posted for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Aug 20, 2019
  4. Barman58 Win User

Microsoft Map App showing my location at Africa coast as my locale is set in NJ, USA

Tweaking Save Menu to show "Network" as a save location?

You may be able to "map" the network address, be sure to map to the Drive Root or top of the tree of any area you wish to access. A mapped network location shows in the File Explorer as a local Drive letter, that you select, so should work with your application.

Add a Network Location in Windows 10 | Tutorials will provide step by step

Barman58, Aug 20, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Map App showing my location at Africa coast as my locale is set in NJ, USA

1. Microsoft Map App showing my location at Africa coast as my locale is set in NJ, USA - Similar Threads - Microsoft Map App

2. Microsoft maps app not displaying maps and settings not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft maps app not displaying maps and settings not working.: This is all I'm getting. So far I have Reset microsoft store; Reinstalled Microsoft maps; Enabled Location globally and for maps specifically.. Notice how I can't access any settings for downloading offline maps because they're blanked out..Any help much appreciated....
  3. Microsoft maps app not displaying maps and settings not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft maps app not displaying maps and settings not working.: This is all I'm getting. So far I have Reset microsoft store; Reinstalled Microsoft maps; Enabled Location globally and for maps specifically.. Notice how I can't access any settings for downloading offline maps because they're blanked out..Any help much appreciated....
  4. why is maps showing my location incorrect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why is maps showing my location incorrect: maps showing my location incorrect https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-maps-showing-my-location-incorrect/c55ef819-f843-4b4d-9c6b-0afa9cb4038c
  5. why is maps showing my location incorrect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is maps showing my location incorrect: maps showing my location incorrect https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-maps-showing-my-location-incorrect/c55ef819-f843-4b4d-9c6b-0afa9cb4038c
  6. Find My Device map shows wrong location

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Find My Device map shows wrong location: I am sitting at my laptop in Utah, and the “find my device”map shows that my laptop is in California, where I happened to be two weeksago. What can I do to make this feature accurate? I’d like to really be able tofind my laptop if I ever need to.Thanks for any help....
  7. MS Maps is showing the wrong location

in Windows 10 Customization
    MS Maps is showing the wrong location: Hello, For some reason my location in MS Maps thinks I'm in Illinois. It keeps on changing my time zone on my laptop to central even though I live in the eastern time zone. My IP address is even registered on the east coast. What could be causing this issue? Thank...
  8. What are the differences between setting my PC's country location to Canada vs USA?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What are the differences between setting my PC's country location to Canada vs USA?: Do I have access to more/different things if I have it set to US? What are the differences (no matter how little) between the two. (Or even a different country altogether). I realize this question isn't about Windows per se, but I'm not sure where else to ask. submitted by...
  9. Maps app can not determine my location

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Maps app can not determine my location: Help me to change this behaviour! Map App is not working because it can not determine the location. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/maps-app-can-not-determine-my-location/c4c39ca4-5de5-42b6-89b1-11e35abf934b
  10. Maps Has My Location Wrong.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Maps Has My Location Wrong.: Is there a way that Microsoft can fix the Maps App? Or can I delete it completely? I DO NOT live in Illinois. I live in Virginia. Can this company please fix this bug?...