Windows 10: Microsoft Maps Updates Slow

Discus and support Microsoft Maps Updates Slow in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So over the years we see countless complaints about Microsoft Maps Updates being so slow to update at like 2.5Mbps if your lucky. The answer is always... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Hayu37122, Jul 2, 2021.

1. Hayu37122 Win User

Microsoft Maps Updates Slow

So over the years we see countless complaints about Microsoft Maps Updates being so slow to update at like 2.5Mbps if your lucky. The answer is always "The servers might be over loaded try later." After years and years now you would think MS would maybe add more servers or find a better way to do it. I have multiple computers on multiple ISPs that do the same exact thing every time. I have never seen this question satisfactorily answered. "Is there a place I can go to download a file and a way to apply it to multiple computers needing the same Microsoft Maps update?"

:)

Hayu37122, Jul 2, 2021
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Updates slowing computer performance

Hi,

Listed below are possible causes why Windows is running slow:

• Too many application installed.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.
    • Outdated drivers.

For us to assist you with the concern, we suggest following the steps on this
    article

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Jul 2, 2021
  3. Windows 10 maps

To narrow down your concern, we would like to know the following:

• Have you tried using another USB in saving your offline maps?
    • Were you able to update your drivers? We suggest that you check if your drivers are up to date by following the steps on this
      link.

For your reference, below are the steps to save Offline Maps to USB:

• Click on Start; then, Settings.
    • Select Maps; then, Storage Locations.
    • Click on the Change where you store offline maps drop down menu and choose the
      new location.

We will be waiting for your response.

Michael Gall, Jul 2, 2021
  4. fatpat Win User

Mapped Drives Issues

To clarify .... the issue is the Windows 10 OS. It is with Windows File Explorer. The Mapped drives used to appear in File Explorer's left panel list of drives and folders. Two days ago File explorer stopped show the mapped drives. so not they don;t appear in the list of Drives and folders.

- - - Updated - - -

I did, it has no effect. I also check the NAS devices they support SMB 2.0. Also I have several other computers on my home network they work fine with the mapped drives and They do not have SMB 1 turned on. So it is something that happened to the computer in question.

fatpat, Jul 2, 2021
Thema:

1. Microsoft Maps Updates Slow - Similar Threads - Microsoft Maps Updates

2. Mapped drives slow loading of folders and files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mapped drives slow loading of folders and files: Since moving to Windows 11, we're having issues with mapped drives and the time it takes to open files and folders. We never had the problem with Windows 10. Our settings have remained the same it's the OS that is different. Has anyone else had this issue?Any help would be...
  3. Mapped drives slow loading of folders and files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mapped drives slow loading of folders and files: Since moving to Windows 11, we're having issues with mapped drives and the time it takes to open files and folders. We never had the problem with Windows 10. Our settings have remained the same it's the OS that is different. Has anyone else had this issue?Any help would be...
  4. Microsoft maps app not displaying maps and settings not working.

Microsoft maps app not displaying maps and settings not working.: This is all I'm getting. So far I have Reset microsoft store; Reinstalled Microsoft maps; Enabled Location globally and for maps specifically.. Notice how I can't access any settings for downloading offline maps because they're blanked out..Any help much appreciated....
  5. Offline maps download unbearably slow!!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Offline maps download unbearably slow!!!: Microsoft using dial-up for this function?Try it yourself before you ask me any questions. Region USA/Missouri. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/offline-maps-download-unbearably-slow/6ee1a581-c19b-4f2b-9232-9fe63cc60548
  6. Microsoft Maps

Microsoft Maps: App asks me to sign in which I do with my MS account. It then pauses for a while before telling me that I don't have an internet connection, when I do. Win 10 is completely up to date, as is maps. Any ideas? Thank you...
  7. Slow mapped drive connection over VPN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow mapped drive connection over VPN: Hello, We having some issues with remote users accessing our shared drive over a VPN. Everything was fine up to about a week ago, when the connection slowed down dramatically. The VPN latency and bandwidth seem fine 100 ms and 600 MB/s, and also I tested the client against...
  8. Microsoft Maps Pins

Microsoft Maps Pins: How do I remove a pin from microsoft maps? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-maps-pins/014b9507-4b52-4a58-9f09-2fd9c8733e25
  9. microsoft maps

in Windows 10 Customization
    microsoft maps: why did my maps on my LAPTOP update to a MOBIL app using GPS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-maps/910a0057-890e-4f01-b2d7-cd1b6aea4423
  10. Microsoft Maps App

Microsoft Maps App: Currently have Microsoft Maps app on my W10 Microsoft phone (nokia 640). It seems pretty good, but wondering if anybody has tried any other GPS SW i.e. Google maps, WAZE, HERE or others and how does it compare?? TX 92847