Windows 10: Microsoft may adjust Windows 11 minimum system requirements

Discus and support Microsoft may adjust Windows 11 minimum system requirements in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft's Windows 11 operating system may support more processors than initially announcement by Microsoft through the system requirements. Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Jun 29, 2021.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Microsoft may adjust Windows 11 minimum system requirements

Microsoft's Windows 11 operating system may support more processors than initially announcement by Microsoft through the system requirements. Microsoft released the first Windows 11 Insider build on June 28, 2021 for testing. Like Windows 10 Insider builds, the primary purpose of builds for Windows 11 is to gather Telemetry and to a lesser degree feedback.

Insider build PCs provide Microsoft with lots of data on the build and operating system; they are run using numerous hardware and software combinations, and Microsoft uses the data to detect issues and bugs. The approach is far from perfect, as most updates do introduce bugs and issues, but it is essential for Microsoft.

One of the main points of criticism in regard to Windows 11 was the minimum system requirements that Microsoft set for the operating system. The processor requirement, 8th generation or higher, and the TPM 2.0 requirement, prevent many devices, including several of Microsoft's Surface line of devices, from being fully compatible with Windows 11.

Microsoft's explained that the stricter system requirements would improve security, reliability and compatibility with Windows 11. Practically, there is no good reason to limit Windows 11 to the listed processor generations, as the operating system would certainly run as well on a 7th generation and maybe even a 6th generation CPU.

Why then did Microsoft decide on these strict system requirements? Is it because it wants hardware to be pushed (and thus also OEM copies of Windows 11), or because it wants users to experience a fast responsive system, something that can best be achieved with the latest processors?

In the announcement, Microsoft confirms that the information in regards to system compatibility have caused confusion, and that its PC Health Tool, the program to check whether a system is compatible with Windows 11, was part of the problem. Third-party Windows 11 compatibility tools were created that offered better explanations.

Microsoft announced that it will temporarily remove the application and release an updated version in the Fall 2021.

7th generation CPUs

Microsoft may adjust Windows 11 minimum system requirements windows-11-test-7th-generation-cpus.png

Windows 11 Insider Builds will install on 7th generation CPUs according to Microsoft's announcement,

Below you will find changes we are making based on that feedback, including ensuring we have the ability for Windows Insiders to install Windows 11 on 7th generation processors to give us more data about performance and security, updating our PC Health check app to provide more clarity, and committing to more technical detail on the principles behind our decisions.

Data will be gathered and it may result in a lowering of the system requirements for the final version of Windows 11.

Closing Words

The system requirements of Windows 11 are not set in stone yet. The testing of 7th generation processors is a strong indicator, the removal of the PC Health Tool another. Microsoft will adjust the system requirements to get more users on Windows 11 using Windows Update.

Now You: what is your take on this development?

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Microsoft may adjust Windows 11 minimum system requirements appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Jun 29, 2021
  2. davidsherman13, Jun 29, 2021
  3. eelpout Win User
    eelpout, Jun 29, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Minimum hardware requirements for Windows 10 for phones and desktops

Read more: Microsoft sheds light on minimum hardware requirements for Windows 10 for phones and desktops | Windows Central

Microsoft may adjust Windows 11 minimum system requirements [​IMG]

Brink, Jun 29, 2021
Thema:

1. Microsoft may adjust Windows 11 minimum system requirements - Similar Threads - Microsoft may adjust

2. This PC doesn't meet the minimum system requirements for Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This PC doesn't meet the minimum system requirements for Windows 11: Hello, I recently just finished building a new gaming PC and am having difficulty trying to install Windows 11 Home from a USB device. Whenever I enter setup and click to install Windows 11 Home, I am given the message, "This PC doesn't meet the minimum system requirements...
  3. This PC doesn't meet the minimum system requirements for Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This PC doesn't meet the minimum system requirements for Windows 11: Hello, I recently just finished building a new gaming PC and am having difficulty trying to install Windows 11 Home from a USB device. Whenever I enter setup and click to install Windows 11 Home, I am given the message, "This PC doesn't meet the minimum system requirements...
  4. Windows 11 minimum requirement

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 minimum requirement: Please I downloaded the PC health app to check if my PC was eligible for the windows 11 upgrade only to realise that the one requirement it failed at was an unsupported processor. This is quite strange to me because I use a Hp pavilion 15 with IntelR CoreTM i3-7100U @...
  5. Windows 11 minimum requirement

Windows 11 minimum requirement: Please I downloaded the PC health app to check if my PC was eligible for the windows 11 upgrade only to realise that the one requirement it failed at was an unsupported processor. This is quite strange to me because I use a Hp pavilion 15 with IntelR CoreTM i3-7100U @...
  6. Windows 11 Minimum requirements

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Minimum requirements: The Health Check says my processor doesn't meet minimum requirements, yet when I look it up its listed. Its intel core i7-6920HQ and I'm running Windows 10 21H1....
  7. Windows 11 Minimum requirements

Windows 11 Minimum requirements: The Health Check says my processor doesn't meet minimum requirements, yet when I look it up its listed. Its intel core i7-6920HQ and I'm running Windows 10 21H1....
  8. Windows 10 May 2020 Update minimum system requirements

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 May 2020 Update minimum system requirements: On May 27, 2020, Microsoft started rolling out Windows 10 May 2020 Update, just before the end of the month. May 2020 Update for Windows 10 includes a new Cortana app, Cloud Reset, Windows Subsystem for Linux 2, improvements to Windows Search, and it also makes Reserved...
  9. Windows 10 May 2019 Update minimum system requirements

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 May 2019 Update minimum system requirements: Microsoft has finally rolled out Windows 10 May 2019 Update to advanced users. and with the first wave of devices receiving the update as we speak. Unlike the previous releases, Windows 10 May 2019 Update is only available for users who would like to install it. Any Windows...
  10. your minimum requirement system in microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    your minimum requirement system in microsoft store: your system from microsoft store just see 4 core and 2.7Ghz for example... poor guys with a i5 6400T or 6400, it s not beat a i5 2600 2.7 Ghz cause it s a 4 core @ 2.2 Ghz or bug and see the 6400 like a 2.69 Ghz. then u get a warning message on the minimum require and close...