Windows 10: Microsoft may have the most secure smartphone OS in Windows Phone

Discus and support Microsoft may have the most secure smartphone OS in Windows Phone in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Low sales, stagnation, a formidable app gap and lack of popular features. These are just some of the accusations levied against Windows Phone but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Nov 6, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Microsoft may have the most secure smartphone OS in Windows Phone

While Windows 10 Mobile is, of course, considered by Microsoft to be its safest product yet, Lord also had nothing but praise for older versions of Microsoft's mobile OS:

Read more: Microsoft may have the most secure smartphone OS in Windows Phone

See also: Under Attack: An interview with a hacker | What Mobile

:)

Brink, Nov 6, 2015

2. Lumia 800 - MMS and DataConnection question

If data connection is an issue to you, then the Lumia probably is the wrong handset for you, WP is very largely dependent on data connection, as are most smartphone OS's , if you run the phone without data it may as well be replaced with a dumbphone, sorry
    I have no solution other than changing the phone :smileysad:

carman58---01, Nov 6, 2015
  3. Windows Phone 7.5 Mango and Outlook Tasks

I wouldn't run away from Microsoft just yet. The Windows Phone 7 OS was marketed from the start as a consumer devices, with minimal enterprise/business features. Some features have been added with the Mango update, but the shift in the OS to more enterprise
    level is expected to come with the Windows Phone 8 version. (Most are anticipating late this year.)

I would think that most of the feature sets, like more advanced task management may show up there. If not, there are multitudes of 3rd party apps that have great capability if a simple to-do list isn't enough for your business. I do think the tasks option
    with WP7.5 is limited and has much room for improvement, but since WP7 was an entirely new OS, not an upgrade, it takes time for features to be implemented. iOS just last year was able to natively handle tasks and that was on a 4th gen update.

Also, before you make a leap into Android world, I'd do some homework. I'm not certain that it's built in taks management is any better than iOS and WP7.5. You'll need to rely on 3rd party apps anyway to do what you need. Also I'm of the opinion that Android
    OS is much less secure overall than other smartphone OS's. Yes, it can be secured and one can be careful with the apps you download and use, but inherently, the OS allows apps way too much access to the core system. Too easy to hack to be completely secure.

Your best bet may be to wait, holding on to your WM6.5 phone until later this year when WP8 is released. I think you may find that it has what you need. If not, I wish you luck in finding the right combination of apps and setup to work best with you, whatever
    that turns out to be.

Queen_Ladybug, Nov 6, 2015
  4. Antilope Win User

My wife and I use Lumia 635's. We really like them. Try to get an equal piece of quality hardware for $40 in an android, you can't. You have to spend well over $150 for an equal quality android and it's not as secure.

Antilope, Nov 7, 2015
Thema:

1. Microsoft may have the most secure smartphone OS in Windows Phone - Similar Threads - Microsoft may secure

2. microsoft May 2023 Security Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft May 2023 Security Updates: May 2023 Security UpdatesThis release consists of the following 40 Microsoft CVEs:We are republising 9 non-Microsoft CVEs:CNA Tag CVE FAQs? Workarounds? Mitigations?Chrome Microsoft Edge Chromium-based CVE-2023-2459 Yes No NoChrome Microsoft Edge Chromium-based CVE-2023-2460...
  3. Microsoft May 2022 Security Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft May 2022 Security Updates: May 2022 Security UpdatesUpdates this MonthThis release consists of security updates for the following products, features and roles..NET and Visual StudioMicrosoft Exchange ServerMicrosoft Graphics ComponentMicrosoft Local Security Authority Server lsasrvMicrosoft...
  4. Microsoft May 2022 Security Updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft May 2022 Security Updates: May 2022 Security UpdatesUpdates this MonthThis release consists of security updates for the following products, features and roles..NET and Visual StudioMicrosoft Exchange ServerMicrosoft Graphics ComponentMicrosoft Local Security Authority Server lsasrvMicrosoft...
  5. Microsoft May 2021 Security Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft May 2021 Security Updates: May 2021 Security UpdatesUpdates this MonthThis release consists of security updates for the following products, features and roles..NET Core & Visual StudioHTTP.sysInternet ExplorerMicrosoft Accessibility Insights for WebMicrosoft Bluetooth DriverMicrosoft Dynamics Finance &...
  6. Microsoft May 2020 Security Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft May 2020 Security Updates: Release Notes May 2020 Security Updates Release Date: May 12, 2020 The May 2020 security release consists of security updates for the following software: Microsoft Windows Microsoft Edge (EdgeHTML-based) Microsoft Edge (Chromium-based) ChakraCore Internet Explorer...
  7. Microsoft May 2020 Security Updates

Microsoft May 2020 Security Updates: Release Notes May 2020 Security Updates Release Date: May 12, 2020 The May 2020 security release consists of security updates for the following software: Microsoft Windows Microsoft Edge EdgeHTML-based Microsoft Edge Chromium-based ChakraCore Internet Explorer Microsoft...
  8. I may have the most complicated windows situation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I may have the most complicated windows situation: I barely use the windows computer. Maybe for some media and client downloads and thats it. I don't know how i even started this problem. Maybe from a virus or a software misfunction. So before i start talking about the main, My users are gone, the computer only logs me in as...
  9. Microsoft May 2019 Security Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft May 2019 Security Updates: Microsoft May 2019 Security Updates https://portal.msrc.microsoft.com/en...urity-guidance 132561
  10. Microsoft May 2019 Security Updates

Microsoft May 2019 Security Updates: Microsoft May 2019 Security Updates https://portal.msrc.microsoft.com/en-us/security-guidance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-may-2019-security-updates/d4488b41-af0b-46f9-bba8-50aebb63f162