Windows 10: Microsoft Media Foundation MPEG-2 audio encoder output playback is faster than the original

Discus and support Microsoft Media Foundation MPEG-2 audio encoder output playback is faster than the original in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I would like to seek help regarding the MPEG2 audio encoder link: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/medfound/mpeg-2-audio-encoder. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SanjoZepol1, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Microsoft Media Foundation MPEG-2 audio encoder output playback is faster than the original

Hi, I would like to seek help regarding the MPEG2 audio encoder link: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/medfound/mpeg-2-audio-encoder. I tried using it in my codes. The playback speed of the output file is (faster) almost twice the original. Thanks in advance

:)

SanjoZepol1, Jan 8, 2019
  2. Joe Jheng Win User

License for using Media Foundation H.264 video decoder

Hi,

I am a software developer. We are developing a PC application that can be used to decode H.264 video from legal video source providers. The technology we currently utilized is Microsoft Media Foundation, specifically the Media Foundation

H.264 video decoder

I'd like to ask whether the H.264 decoder license fee is covered by Microsoft in this case, and can be used legally. As I checked the

License Terms
    of Windows 10:

H.264/AVC and MPEG-4 visual standards and VC-1 video standards. The software may include H.264/MPEG-4 AVC and/or VC-1 decoding technology. MPEG LA, L.L.C. requires this notice:

THIS PRODUCT IS LICENSED UNDER THE AVC, THE VC-1, AND THE MPEG-4 PART 2 VISUAL PATENT PORTFOLIO LICENSES FOR THE PERSONAL AND NON-COMMERCIAL USE OF A CONSUMER TO (i) ENCODE VIDEO IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE ABOVE STANDARDS (“VIDEO
    STANDARDS”) AND/OR (ii) DECODE AVC, VC-1, AND MPEG-4 PART 2 VIDEO THAT WAS ENCODED BY A CONSUMER ENGAGED IN A PERSONAL AND NON-COMMERCIAL ACTIVITY AND/OR WAS OBTAINED FROM A VIDEO PROVIDER LICENSED TO PROVIDE SUCH VIDEO. NO LICENSE IS GRANTED OR SHALL BE IMPLIED
    FOR ANY OTHER USE. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM MPEG LA, L.L.C. SEE (AKA.MS/MPEGLA).

We as a software developer using Microsoft Media Foundation do not need to pay the license fee for the H.264 decoder. We can legally distribute it to Windows end users, and end users can legally use our application for personal and non-commercial use.

Is it correct? Any legal concern using Media Foundation H.264 decoder?

Thank you.

Joe Jheng, Jan 8, 2019
  3. No Audio Output Device is Installed

Hi,

You will need to select Windows 8 from the drop down list while installing the driver in compatibility mode.

I would suggest you to try setting the speaker as default audio output by following the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Right click on the sound icon on the right bottom corner of the taskbar.

2. Select "playback devices".

3. If "speaker" is not set as the default device, highlight it and click "set as default".

5. Save the changes.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Jan 8, 2019
  4. Microsoft Media Foundation MPEG-2 audio encoder output playback is faster than the original

Fix for multiple playback audio output

Original title: Multiple audio output?

I have been wanting to use a sound board recently so i looked into it and will need to split my audio into a seperate application that will show up under "sound" or "playback devices" but i cant get audio to come from anything except my headphones that are
    currently plugged in, they are G930 Logitech, but i dont believe it is a hardware issue seeing as the person i was watching do it had the exact same headphones but could actually hear audio out of multiple playback sources, is there an easy fix to this?

NapalmGames, Jan 8, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Media Foundation MPEG-2 audio encoder output playback is faster than the original

1. Microsoft Media Foundation MPEG-2 audio encoder output playback is faster than the original - Similar Threads - Microsoft Media Foundation

2. mpeg-1 layer 2 not playing audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mpeg-1 layer 2 not playing audio: Created an MP4 video file using the mpeg-1 layer 2 selection in Media Encoder but none of the windows players will play the audio, yet VLC does. Help?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mpeg-1-layer-2-not-playing-audio/20342a60-d0da-42ec-966f-265e677198c0
  3. mpeg-1 layer 2 not playing audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mpeg-1 layer 2 not playing audio: Created an MP4 video file using the mpeg-1 layer 2 selection in Media Encoder but none of the windows players will play the audio, yet VLC does. Help?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mpeg-1-layer-2-not-playing-audio/20342a60-d0da-42ec-966f-265e677198c0
  4. Media playback slower than on other devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media playback slower than on other devices: Media on my device has a slower playback rate than on other devices as well as a stopwatch. It's just over a second slower per minute. One minute on the stopwatch is >58 and <59 on the playback. It hasn't always been like this but I'm unsure when it started. Affected playback...
  5. Media playback slower than on other devices

Media playback slower than on other devices: Media on my device has a slower playback rate than on other devices as well as a stopwatch. It's just over a second slower per minute. One minute on the stopwatch is >58 and <59 on the playback. It hasn't always been like this but I'm unsure when it started. Affected playback...
  6. Glitched audio driver causing media playback speed to be faster.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Glitched audio driver causing media playback speed to be faster.: I recently downloaded a software called sonarworks Sound ID which basically changes the audio of your device to fit to your taste and headphones. This worked fine on my laptop but when I did a normal factory reset, the app did not work properly anymore. Now whenever I play...
  7. MPEG Codec 2

in Windows 10 Customization
    MPEG Codec 2: I am attempting to download this codec from the microsoft store but it gives me an error after it begins the download. There is plenty of space on the drive and it is the system drive. What else could be the issue?...
  8. MPEG-2 Plugin for Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 Customization
    MPEG-2 Plugin for Windows Media Player: How can I get windows media player to play MPEG-2 videos in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mpeg-2-plugin-for-windows-media-player/ac4c9a5e-fb5e-4ee6-96a4-6c931bc5611a
  9. Microsoft Photos & Mpeg-2 Files

Microsoft Photos & Mpeg-2 Files: Got a batch of files from A Sony Handycam and they are Mpeg-2 Files. Microsoft Photos will not let me import these giving me the following error [img] I have the MPEG-2 Extension from the MS store installed. Strangely, Microsoft Film & TV quite happily plays these files....
  10. media player that supports mpeg-2 and m2ts codecs

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    media player that supports mpeg-2 and m2ts codecs: Dear Sir, I have been searching a long time for a video player … Let me explain briefly. I have a Sony Entertainment program on my pc called PlayMemories home. I store a lot of home photos and videos on this storage. Quite nice. I used to make annual dvd’s for my...