Windows 10: Microsoft Media Player has disappeared and I am unable to reinstall

Discus and support Microsoft Media Player has disappeared and I am unable to reinstall in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; It disappeared a while back when Currys/PC World put my laptop back to factory settings and I have followed the advice in one of the threads and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AlisonBurton, Jan 16, 2021.

1. Microsoft Media Player has disappeared and I am unable to reinstall

It disappeared a while back when Currys/PC World put my laptop back to factory settings and I have followed the advice in one of the threads and information isn't there

Hello Dollar1973,

To expand on Andre's post, I would uninstall and then reinstall Windows Media Player.

Uninstalling and Reinstalling the Windows Media Player:
    Step 1.
    Uninstalling the Windows Media Player:
    1. Go to Start and in the search type "Turn Windows features On or Off".
    2. Click on "Turn Windows features On or Off".
    3. Browse to the Media Features and uncheck the mark in front of Windows Media Player.
    4. Restart the computer

Step 2.
    Reinstalling the Windows Media Player:
    1. Go to Start and in the search type "Turn Windows features On or Off".
    2. Click on "Turn Windows features On or Off".
    3. Browse to the Media Features and place a check mark in front of Windows Media Player.
    4. Restart the Computer.

If you are having trouble using Windows Media Player, try using the troubleshooter to see if that fixes

the problem.

Open the Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter by clicking theStart button, and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, typetroubleshooter, and then click Troubleshooting. ClickView all, and then click Windows Media Player Settings.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Marilyn
    Microsoft Answers Support Engineer

:)

AlisonBurton, Jan 16, 2021

2. Media player

Hi,

For us to isolate the issue further, we’d like to know the following:

• What is the version of your Windows Media Player?
    • Did you get any error message? If yes, kindly specify.
    In the meantime, I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the
    Windows Media player
    . Here are the steps how to:

• Press Win button + R on your keyboard.
    • In the text box, type Control.
    • On the left pane, click Turn Windows features on or off option to see Windows Features window.
    • Expand Media Feature list, then uncheck Windows Media Player box. It will give a prompt message;
      this will also turn of Windows Media Center click yes as you will need
      to reinstall it after.
    • Reboot PC.
    • You need to reinstall Windows Media Player. Open Windows Features, tick the Windows Media Player and Windows Media Center, then install it from there.

Let us know how it goes.

Sherry Bel, Jan 16, 2021
  3. MEDIA PLAYER- unable to play or rip cd's

Hi Christine,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you with the issue.

• Did you check if you are able to play using other CD'S?
    • What is the exact error message or code you receive when you try to play the cd or try to Rip?

For now let's try the below steps and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to check if the rip settings are set correctly as mentioned in this article:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/change-settings-for-ripping-music

Method 2:

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Windows Media player and check if the issue persists. Refer to these steps to uninstall and reinstall Windows Media player:

• Press Window key + F, select “Settings’ tab below the search box.
    • Type “Turn Windows features ON or OFF” and click on the tile with the same name.
    • Now, expand the “Media features” and uncheck the box against “Windows Media player”.
    • Restart the computer.
    • Now follow the same steps and check the box against “Windows Media player” and
      restart the computer to reinstall.
    • Check if the issue persists.

Hope it helps. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jan 16, 2021
  4. Microsoft Media Player has disappeared and I am unable to reinstall

Media Player Errors - Stops playing

Hi Donald,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if issue persists.

Method 1: Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter

I suggest you to run the Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter, please refer to the steps below:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Reinstall Windows Media player

I suggest you uninstall and reinstall the Windows Media Player and check. Refer to these steps:

• Press Windows Key +X, select Programs and Features.

• Click on Turn Windows features ON or OFF on the left panel.

• Expand Media Features and uncheck the box against Windows Media Player.

• Click OK and restart if prompted. Follow the same procedure and check the box against Windows Media Player to reinstall.

• Check if issue persists.
    Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Giridhar J, Jan 16, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Media Player has disappeared and I am unable to reinstall

1. Microsoft Media Player has disappeared and I am unable to reinstall - Similar Threads - Microsoft Media Player

2. Microsoft Media Player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Media Player: I have applied for Windows 11. I reinstalled an update and Windows Media Player has disappeared. It is not in the list of optional features and it is not present in control panel. I have tried accessing the folder it is in and it has .mui files that I cannot open. I have...
  3. reinstal Win10 media player.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    reinstal Win10 media player.: I was having a lot of trouble with win10 media player on my desktop pc so I decided to uninstal/reinstal it. I uninstalled it but nowhere can I now find anyway of reinstalling. Note I did not disable, I uninstalled it....
  4. reinstal Win10 media player.

reinstal Win10 media player.: I was having a lot of trouble with win10 media player on my desktop pc so I decided to uninstal/reinstal it. I uninstalled it but nowhere can I now find anyway of reinstalling. Note I did not disable, I uninstalled it....
  5. MICROSOFT MEDIA PLAYER

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MICROSOFT MEDIA PLAYER: I've used MMP for years but I purchased a new computer Acer and now when I insert a home-created DVD it will not download in MMP to watch and then burn. PowerDVD opens and I'm not able to rip. Any suggestions?...
  6. Microsoft Media Player

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Media Player: Microsoft Media Player doesn't work. Error: Server execution failed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-media-player/37e1b242-7d7d-4b8d-a8c7-9c782e56e480
  7. Microsoft Media Player

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Media Player: I purchased Microsoft Media Player for Windows 10 so that I could use my DVD player & I am getting an error code of 0xc00d4e84. Can someone tell me what my problem is? Thanks...
  8. Can I reinstall Windows Media Player?

Can I reinstall Windows Media Player?: I uninstalled WMP from my Win 10 system in desperation, because it was behaving oddly and I thought a re-install might be the solution. Bad Idea! I now can find no way of re-installing it. All of my searches have taken me to very dodgy-looking sites that I prefer not to...
  9. Reinstall Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Reinstall Windows Media Player: I had problem with WMP and shouldn't have delete the Registry Editor Entry From "Regedit" now I can't reinstall Player. Also, Computer Back-up was corrupted. I reinstalled windows 10 Pro 64 bits but still can't download WMP. Is there a download link since WMP came with...
  10. How do I reinstall Windows Media Player in Windows 10 after it disappeared?

How do I reinstall Windows Media Player in Windows 10 after it disappeared?: The Windows Media Player program has disappeared in Windows 10 during an upgrade. The file folder and some of the programs are there. I still have the icon in my file list but the program does not load when I click on the icon. How can I reinstall?...