Windows 10: Microsoft Message locking my laptop

Discus and support Microsoft Message locking my laptop in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My laptop was locked, supposedly by Microsoft security requesting that I call an 800 # to “correct the issue and unlock it. I contacted M-Soft on my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JimTimble, Jan 11, 2020.

1. JimTimble Win User

Microsoft Message locking my laptop

My laptop was locked, supposedly by Microsoft security requesting that I call an 800 # to “correct the issue and unlock it. I contacted M-Soft on my ipad & was advised it is a scam; but I cannot get anyone to call me from Microsoft to tell me to safely unlock it.

My screen is locked to the scam message; and I cannot navigate to any other setting. Can I do a reboot using my on/off button to safely unlock the scam screen says I will lose data if I do that.

If anyone can please help me with this situation, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanking you in advance,

Jim Timble

:)

JimTimble, Jan 11, 2020
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Jan 11, 2020
  3. Lock screen issue

Hi Bob,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow these steps:

• Go to Settings>>Personalization>>Lock Screen.

• In the right panel, select Picture instead of Windows Spotlight.
    Please feel free to post your queries in Microsoft Community. We will be glad to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jan 11, 2020
  4. Jelo Sen Win User

Laptop not recognising passcode

Hello,

For us to assist you with your query, we will appreciate it if you can answer the following questions:

• Are you unable to unlock your device?
    • Is it a Microsoft or a local account?
    • Are there any recent changes in your device?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    In the meantime, we suggest that you reboot your laptop and make sure that Caps Lock is off when you enter your password.

Looking forward to your response.

Jelo Sen, Jan 11, 2020
Thema:

1. Microsoft Message locking my laptop - Similar Threads - Microsoft Message locking

2. Microsoft locked my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft locked my laptop: I received a email from the device team ask about the laptop being I misread the email and yes. They locked my laptop. I called Microsoft they said that I have to wait. It's been a week and I still can't login. The message says An administrator has restricted sign in....
  3. Microsoft locked my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft locked my laptop: I received a email from the device team ask about the laptop being I misread the email and yes. They locked my laptop. I called Microsoft they said that I have to wait. It's been a week and I still can't login. The message says An administrator has restricted sign in....
  4. Microsoft locked my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Computer locked message

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Computer locked message: Hello I received a message that my computer was locked and IP address compromised. I was told to call 1-888-514-2999. I did not call. I hit control alt del and signed off. Is my computer infected. If so what should I do?Lisa...
  6. Computer locked message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer locked message: Hello I received a message that my computer was locked and IP address compromised. I was told to call 1-888-514-2999. I did not call. I hit control alt del and signed off. Is my computer infected. If so what should I do?Lisa...
  7. does Microsoft send security lock messages that lock up computer

does Microsoft send security lock messages that lock up computer: does Microsoft send security lock messages that lock up computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/does-microsoft-send-security-lock-messages-that/c52db263-e56d-469c-990c-74dc48af7326
  8. Locking of my laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locking of my laptop: I have a DELL G3 3500 laptop. The issue with the laptop is that the laptop gets locked by itself while I'm gaming and it's so annoying. When I tried to support the technical support they say that it is windows bug and i am not getting help. It is so annoying when you're...
  9. Computer lock message from Microsoft chatbot

Computer lock message from Microsoft chatbot: Anyone getting this today?? I can't figure out which Microsoft Support # to call about this - please help! "Important security message. Your computer has been locked up. Your IP address was used without your knowledge or consent to visit websites that contains identity...
  10. Why Microsoft locked out my new Laptop?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Why Microsoft locked out my new Laptop?: hello, please help me i have just purchased a new Dell laptop I used it for only one time then it had been locked by microsoft and ask for password*cry*cry? 59177