Windows 10: Microsoft Minesweeper - The new timer box makes playing the game impossible

Discus and support Microsoft Minesweeper - The new timer box makes playing the game impossible in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Since yesterday, Microsoft has introduced a new version of Minesweeper which places the timer in a dialogue rectangle with the timer and number of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by jvintpa, Dec 24, 2019.

1. jvintpa Win User

Microsoft Minesweeper - The new timer box makes playing the game impossible

Since yesterday, Microsoft has introduced a new version of Minesweeper which places the timer in a dialogue rectangle with the timer and number of mines remaining down the right side of the screen, rather than at the top of the screen. It seems impossible to access the area behind this dialogue box regardless of game board size or position. How does one close that dialogue box or access the boxes which remain hidden behind it? Or, alternatively, how does one access the version of Minesweeper that was available up until last night? This new change makes the game absolutely useless and unplayable. Didn't anyone test this before releasing it?

:)

jvintpa, Dec 24, 2019

2. Minesweeper timer keeps popping up, even though I've turned it off. why?

In Windows 10 I have set the option for the timer in Minesweeper to OFF. When I start a new game, the timer is going. But if I click on options, then suddenly the program remembers it was supposed to be off and it turns off. Just like a kid who got caught
    stealing cookies.

Is there some zap I can make to turn the timers off when a game starts?

Thank you.

GregPeirce, Dec 24, 2019
  3. Debbie54 Win User
    Unable to Launch Microsoft Minesweeper and Jigsaw Games.

Windows 10 - I have been playing the free microsoft jigsaw and minesweeper games for over 2 years on my computer. Now they won't open to let me play. I get the purple or green screen but it won't continue on to the game. I have tried uninstall and reinstalled
    the games. Didn't work. I tried reset on both games and didn't work. Also when I sign into XBox and select play on minesweeper it does the same thing.

I can play microsoft solitaire and hearts deluxe perfectly fine. Why won't jigsaw and minesweeper work anymore?

***Edited Original Title From: microsoft minesweeper and jigsaw***

Debbie54, Dec 24, 2019
  4. Microsoft Minesweeper - The new timer box makes playing the game impossible

Adventure on the microsoft minesweeper game

Hi Aussie,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing accessing the Minesweeper game on your device. We will help you with this issue.

Do provide us the make and model of your device?

This issue might have occurred due to outdated display drivers. Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

I suggest you to Update the Display Adapter drivers.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update Driver Software
    • Restart the computer.

Refer to the article by Andre Da Costa about:
    How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10 and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue to assist you better.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 24, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Minesweeper - The new timer box makes playing the game impossible

1. Microsoft Minesweeper - The new timer box makes playing the game impossible - Similar Threads - Microsoft Minesweeper timer

2. Impossible to play games with Windows 11 and the existing advice makes no sense

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Impossible to play games with Windows 11 and the existing advice makes no sense: I recently bought a new desktop with Windows 11, but I'm finding it impossible to play computer games. I play a range of MMOs, and the same problem is occuring with all of them. I never had this problem with my old Windows 10 computer, and I still do not have this problem on...
  3. Impossible to play games with Windows 11 and the existing advice makes no sense

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Impossible to play games with Windows 11 and the existing advice makes no sense: I recently bought a new desktop with Windows 11, but I'm finding it impossible to play computer games. I play a range of MMOs, and the same problem is occuring with all of them. I never had this problem with my old Windows 10 computer, and I still do not have this problem on...
  4. Bug in the "Minesweeper" game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bug in the "Minesweeper" game.: why. there was minimum 4 bombs near.//.!!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bug-in-the-minesweeper-game/b372fc8b-dabe-4600-8943-5b1e56a465ac
  5. HearthStone Game keeps freezing, stuttering, disconnecting making it impossible to play

in Windows 10 News
    HearthStone Game keeps freezing, stuttering, disconnecting making it impossible to play: [ATTACH]Some players of Hearthstone are reporting that the HearthStone Game is freezing, stuttering, or disconnecting on their PC, making it impossible to play. In this guide, we have a few solutions that can help you fix the issues. HearthStone Game keeps freezing,...
  6. Microsoft Minesweeper

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Minesweeper: I've had this problem for over a year and thought resubscribing for Premium would take care of it but the problem persists. Minesweeper shows I'm logged in but when I click on a game the screen starts loading then blanks out and returns me to my Windows 10 homescreen. So I...
  7. Microsoft Minesweeper

Microsoft Minesweeper: I recently reinstalled Microsoft Minesweeper and to my dismay they have changed the appearance of the game. Now the game page opens and there is a bar at the top and bottom of the screen and no way to expand the screen to full view. Also there is a gigantic side bar on the...
  8. Latest Microsoft Minesweeper Game

Latest Microsoft Minesweeper Game: I used to enjoy minesweeper when you had more control over how the board looked. After this latest update the window appears with a title bar at the top of the window and this will not go away when you start the game. There is no longer a control to go full screen and there...
  9. Getting advertisement while playing Microsoft Minesweeper

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting advertisement while playing Microsoft Minesweeper: So I saw another "ticket" about this issue back in march, but it is locked and I can't comment on it. But on my minesweeper, every now and then I get the ads, which is no issue, but starting yesterday whenever the ad for "Jewels of Rome" plays, at the end of the timer the...
  10. Microsoft Minesweeper

Microsoft Minesweeper: I get this error when trying to run Minesweeper Microsoft Minesweeper is currently not available in your account. Here’s the error code, in case you need it: 0x803F8001 Need some help figuring this out....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft minesweeper not loading