Windows 10: Microsoft Modern Keyboard Issue

Discus and support Microsoft Modern Keyboard Issue in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I purchased a Microsoft Modern Keyboard at Best Buy about 9 months ago. This morning the "a," "s," and "d" keys stopped working. I searched online... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by DavidWitte1, Dec 29, 2019.

1. Microsoft Modern Keyboard Issue

I purchased a Microsoft Modern Keyboard at Best Buy about 9 months ago.

This morning the "a," "s," and "d" keys stopped working.

I searched online for a resolution and did the usual fixes, including reboot of computer.

Keyboard is hardwired, so not a connectivity issue.

Model is EKZ-00001
    Serial is 9000617821545

Thanks for any help.

david

:)

DavidWitte1, Dec 29, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User
    Sasqui, Dec 29, 2019
  3. Nothran Win User
    Microsoft Modern Keyboard Not Connecting

So I recently got the Microsoft modern keyboard. I have Bluetooth 5.0 on my PC, but the keyboard won't connect wirelessly. I tried it on my surface book and the keyboard worked perfectly. The only difference between the two was that, on my surface book,
    it showed that it was connected via USB 3.0. Any suggestions how to get this to work on my PC?

Thanks!

Nothran, Dec 29, 2019
  4. BW022 Win User

Microsoft Modern Keyboard Issue

Microsoft modern keyboard not waking computer from sleep

Hello,

Recently purchased a Microsoft modern keyboard with finger print ID. Works great … with one exception... it won't wake the computer from sleep.

Online there is lots of discussion about getting a Bluetooth device to wake PCs, but no real solutions. I've ensured Bluetooth is always powered on, but there is no Power Management option under Bluetooth Devices - Modern Keyboard with Fingerprint ID.

Anyone have any steps to allow this?

My old wireless Logitech keyboard (with a USB dongle) happily wakes my PC.

BW022, Dec 29, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Modern Keyboard Issue

1. Microsoft Modern Keyboard Issue - Similar Threads - Microsoft Modern Keyboard

2. Microsoft Modern Wireless Headset Standby issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Modern Wireless Headset Standby issue: Hello,i have the similar issue like this thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/de-de/windows/forum/all/microsoft-modern-wireless-headset-stand-by/f6eba474-8822-4b8a-93d8-48861a4be832Recently bought the Modern Wireless Headset but it will disconnect when it is not used for an...
  3. Microsoft Modern Wireless Headset Standby issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Modern Wireless Headset Standby issue: Hello,i have the similar issue like this thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/de-de/windows/forum/all/microsoft-modern-wireless-headset-stand-by/f6eba474-8822-4b8a-93d8-48861a4be832Recently bought the Modern Wireless Headset but it will disconnect when it is not used for an...
  4. Microsoft Modern Wireless Headset Standby issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Microsoft Modern keyboard misses first keystroke

Microsoft Modern keyboard misses first keystroke: I have a lag time using bluetootn microsoft modern keyboard on windows 10 on an HP laptop. It often misses the first keystroke. I was trying some of the troubleshooting but it won't let me run cmd as an administrator even though I turned off my Norton. Any help would be...
  6. Microsoft Modern Keyboard Not Connecting

Microsoft Modern Keyboard Not Connecting: So I recently got the Microsoft modern keyboard. I have Bluetooth 5.0 on my PC, but the keyboard won't connect wirelessly. I tried it on my surface book and the keyboard worked perfectly. The only difference between the two was that, on my surface book, it showed that it was...
  7. Microsoft Modern Keyboard: what's this icon supposed to mean?

Microsoft Modern Keyboard: what's this icon supposed to mean?: Sorry if this is the wrong forum section; there doesn't seem to be a right one for Microsoft not Surface Hardware. I have a "Microsoft Modern Keyboard" EKZ-00001. I just spent half an hour trying to find a decoder ring from the function key symbols to their intended...
  8. Microsoft Modern Keyboard with Fingerprint ID Not Charging

Microsoft Modern Keyboard with Fingerprint ID Not Charging: Hi, all. So I have this weird issue. Even if I leave my keyboard plugged in, it never goes above 90% charge, and will fall, while plugged in, to below 80% sometimes. I have tried plugging it into USB ports, we well as USB charging stations, with no change. If I unplug it,...
  9. Microsoft Modern Keyboard

Microsoft Modern Keyboard: I have purchased this keyboard new. It works correctly when wired to laptop. Fingerprint works correctly when wired in. If its not connected by wire doesn't work. Is fully charged, doesn't show up as a Bluetooth device, have installed latest updates. Laptop is on latest...
  10. Microsoft mouse and keyboard center + microsoft modern keyboard with FP ID.

Microsoft mouse and keyboard center + microsoft modern keyboard with FP ID.: I bought a Microsoft precision mouse and Microsoft modern keyboard with fingerprint id, to use with several devices(smart switch), but the keyboard is not supported in Microsoft mouse and keyboard center. Im confused, how is the top keyboard 130$ not supported this? Maybe I'm...