Windows 10: Microsoft Modern Keyboard with Fingerprint ID (EKZ-00002) - Bluetooth not working

Discus and support Microsoft Modern Keyboard with Fingerprint ID (EKZ-00002) - Bluetooth not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello Microsoft community. I recently bought the Microsoft modern mouse and modern keyboard to have a nice simple aesthetic setup. The Microsoft Modern... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SethNicholl, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Microsoft Modern Keyboard with Fingerprint ID (EKZ-00002) - Bluetooth not working

Hello Microsoft community. I recently bought the Microsoft modern mouse and modern keyboard to have a nice simple aesthetic setup. The Microsoft Modern Mouse has Bluetooth 4.0 capability and connects to my computer without any problems. The keyboard on the other hand not so much. The keyboard, along with the fingerprint scanner, will work when it is plugged in but not when it is unplugged (Even when the charging led above the up arrow is fully solid). I am also wondering why in my Bluetooth settings it shows the "Microsoft Modern Mouse" and its battery levels but for the Modern Keyboard it just shows "USB Keyboard with Fingerprint ID". This keyboard is brand new. The operating system I am running is Windows 10 and I have recently restarted it and updated it. I have also tried download the drivers for this keyboard from here https://www.microsoft.com/accessories/en-ca/products/keyboards/microsoft-modern-keyboard-with-fingerprint-id to no avail. I have also tried plugging the USB in to another port also to no avail. Another thing I can add in here is when I remove the device, power it off, and then power it back on, In the bottom right it it shows the # of notifications but it doesn't show anything when I click on it (Screenshots posted below) . This was apart of the apparent setup process. I have tried running an sfc scan but it unfortunately gets stuck at 97% which is pretty odd. The computer i'm running is the Dell Inspiron 15 5000. This includes an i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM, and a GTX 1050. I don't think the specs will be relevant in this situation but usually for troubleshooting it is good to see what the user is running. Thanks for taking the time to read this and I look forward to hearing your response. Thanks ,

Seth

:)

SethNicholl, Oct 3, 2018
  2. helloken Win User

Microsoft Modern Keyboard with Fingerprint ID Bluetooth Problem

Hello,

I bought a microsoft modern keyboard with fingerprint id few days ago, but it cannot build a bluetooth connection with my computers. I also own a Surface mouse, and it works properly, so I am quite sure that my computers have no problem.

I tried all the trouble shooting steps on the help page (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...eshooting-modern-keyboard-with-fingerprint-id), but the problem persists.

Can anyone help me?

helloken, Oct 3, 2018
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Sasqui, Oct 3, 2018
  4. Microsoft Modern Keyboard with Fingerprint ID (EKZ-00002) - Bluetooth not working

James Vinyard, Oct 3, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Modern Keyboard with Fingerprint ID (EKZ-00002) - Bluetooth not working

1. Microsoft Modern Keyboard with Fingerprint ID (EKZ-00002) - Bluetooth not working - Similar Threads - Microsoft Modern Keyboard

2. Microsoft modern keyboard with fingerprint ID not connecting via USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft modern keyboard with fingerprint ID not connecting via USB: Hello,I have a new Microsoft Modern Keyboard with fingerprint ID - Model NO.:1780 - It's new from deadstock I guess, and never was opened.I try it to connect with the USB cable to multiple computers, but none of them recognize it.I tried it with another cable, but still...
  3. Microsoft modern keyboard with fingerprint ID not connecting via USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft modern keyboard with fingerprint ID not connecting via USB: Hello,I have a new Microsoft Modern Keyboard with fingerprint ID - Model NO.:1780 - It's new from deadstock I guess, and never was opened.I try it to connect with the USB cable to multiple computers, but none of them recognize it.I tried it with another cable, but still...
  4. Microsoft modern keyboard with fingerprint ID not connecting via USB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Microsoft Bluetooth Modern Keyboard with Fingerprint ID will not pair

Microsoft Bluetooth Modern Keyboard with Fingerprint ID will not pair: I can't get this to pair. I've followed all of the steps provided by Microsoft, installed the software manually, and even reset my PC. The keyboard works and is detected as a 'USB keyboard with Fingerprint ID', but does not work wirelessly. I'm using the original USB...
  6. Unable to pair / reconnect my Microsoft Modern Keyboard with Fingerprint ID

Unable to pair / reconnect my Microsoft Modern Keyboard with Fingerprint ID: I've had a "Microsoft Modern Keyboard with Fingerprint ID" for about several months with Windows 10. The keyboard had been working fine. Recently, however, I noticed that the keyboard started losing connection to my PC and not restoring it until I rebooted. In the Bluetooth...
  7. How to pair Microsoft Modern Keyboard with Fingerprint ID on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to pair Microsoft Modern Keyboard with Fingerprint ID on Windows 10: [ATTACH]The Modern Keyboard from Microsoft is the successor to the Surface Keyboard. It looks much identical to the latter. The differences that can be readily discerned […] This post How to pair Microsoft Modern Keyboard with Fingerprint ID on Windows 10 is from...
  8. Microsoft Modern Keyboard with Fingerprint ID - Disable the FN-Key

Microsoft Modern Keyboard with Fingerprint ID - Disable the FN-Key: Hello Everyone, I bought the Microsoft Modern Keyboard with Fingerprint ID. So far the Keyboard works great. But i would like to know if there is a way to toggle the FN-Key always on. So that f1-f12 works directly. I have searched the web for some tipps but nothing...
  9. Microsoft Modern Keyboard with Fingerprint ID Not Charging

Microsoft Modern Keyboard with Fingerprint ID Not Charging: Hi, all. So I have this weird issue. Even if I leave my keyboard plugged in, it never goes above 90% charge, and will fall, while plugged in, to below 80% sometimes. I have tried plugging it into USB ports, we well as USB charging stations, with no change. If I unplug it,...
  10. Modern Keyboard with Fingerprint ID does not connect to Bluetooth

Modern Keyboard with Fingerprint ID does not connect to Bluetooth: My modern keyboard with fingerprint ID does not connect to the bluetooth. When connected via the USB it shows "USB Keyboard with Fingerprint ID" in the bluetooth list but says "Driver is unavailable" under that. I tried downloading the driver...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. usb keyboard fingerprint id driver is unavailable

2. microsoft fingerprint keyboard bluetooth not working

3. usb keyboard fingerprint id driver unavailable

4. power button on microsoft ekz-00002,
  5. Microsoft EKZ-00002,
  6. microsoft keyboard fingerprint id not working,
  7. ekz 00002,
  8. modern keyboard with fingerprint id wont connect,
  9. Microsoft Modern Keyboard with Fingerprint ID driver,
  10. microsoft modern keyboard with fingerprint id wont work bluetooth,
  11. microsoft keyboard fingerprint setup not working,