Windows 10: Microsoft Modern Webcam; Cannot access settings through MS Accessory Center

Discus and support Microsoft Modern Webcam; Cannot access settings through MS Accessory Center in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently installed MS Accessory Center through the MS app store to alter the settings of my Modern Webcam, but the app does not load the settings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ÆƝΘИΞ, Sep 10, 2022.

1. Microsoft Modern Webcam; Cannot access settings through MS Accessory Center

I recently installed MS Accessory Center through the MS app store to alter the settings of my Modern Webcam, but the app does not load the settings page.It shows the device as connected in the initial loading screen for Accessory Center, but never gets past the pictured "loading" state, leaving all the options greyed out.I have removed and re-added the device from Accessory Center, manually uninstalled and reinstalled it, disabled/enabled, ect. I also ensured Accessory Center has permission for the Camera in general, to no avail.I've never used Accessory Center before, but have been using the

:)

ÆƝΘИΞ, Sep 10, 2022
  2. tomsoup Win User

Microsoft Modern Webcam - Microsoft Accessory Center not able to connect to adjust settings

I should have given you more info. I'm actually using a Thinkpad with Windows 10 on it...and just attaching the Microsoft Modern Webcam to that through USB. There was no "community" for the Microsoft Modern Webcam. Sorry for the confusion.

The Modern Webcam is working. I can use it in Microsoft Teams. I'm trying to change the webcam settings though and the Microsoft Accessory Center is supposed to be able to do that...but it is not succeeding in bringing up the settings...(see screenshot).

I'm in a dock too. I'll try that tonight and remove it from the dock and see if that "fixes" it. Thanks.

tomsoup, Sep 10, 2022
  3. Trejjy Win User
    Microsoft Modern Webcam - Microsoft Accessory Center not able to connect to adjust settings

Were you able to fix this? I am having the same issue for both the Modern Webcam and the Microsoft Modern USB-C Speaker.

I am on a HP Elite x2 G4 and have tried different ports and hubs with no luck

Trejjy, Sep 10, 2022
  4. StuDump Win User

Microsoft Modern Webcam; Cannot access settings through MS Accessory Center

Also have this same issue - camera is connected, Accessory Center says it's connected and online, usable in other camera apps, but none of the webcam settings load in Accessory Center, leaving me with the default garbage settings.

Anyone figure this one out?

StuDump, Sep 10, 2022
Thema:

Microsoft Modern Webcam; Cannot access settings through MS Accessory Center

1. Microsoft Modern Webcam; Cannot access settings through MS Accessory Center - Similar Threads - Microsoft Modern Webcam

2. My microsoft modern webcam won't connect to microsoft accessory center

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My microsoft modern webcam won't connect to microsoft accessory center: I've used it on Zoom, discord, etc, and have had no problems with it working or connecting there but it won't connect to Microsoft Accessory Center.I've tried uninstalling Microsoft Accessory Center, unplugging and re-plugging the device, removing it from my devices list, and...
  3. My microsoft modern webcam won't connect to microsoft accessory center

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My microsoft modern webcam won't connect to microsoft accessory center: I've used it on Zoom, discord, etc, and have had no problems with it working or connecting there but it won't connect to Microsoft Accessory Center.I've tried uninstalling Microsoft Accessory Center, unplugging and re-plugging the device, removing it from my devices list, and...
  4. My microsoft modern webcam won't connect to microsoft accessory center

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Microsoft Modern Wireless Headset not detected by Microsoft Accessory Center

Microsoft Modern Wireless Headset not detected by Microsoft Accessory Center: I recently purchased a Microsoft Modern Wireless Headset, and it's OEM and in Spanish. I live in Bermuda, so a lot of the products we get are for Latina America and Caribbean, which means a lot come in Spanish and we have to change them.I downloaded the Microsoft Accessory...
  6. Microsoft Modern Wireless Headset not detected by Microsoft Accessory Center

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Modern Wireless Headset not detected by Microsoft Accessory Center: I recently purchased a Microsoft Modern Wireless Headset, and it's OEM and in Spanish. I live in Bermuda, so a lot of the products we get are for Latina America and Caribbean, which means a lot come in Spanish and we have to change them.I downloaded the Microsoft Accessory...
  7. Microsoft Modern Webcam is not recognized in MS Accessory Center app

Microsoft Modern Webcam is not recognized in MS Accessory Center app: I bought a Microsoft Modern Webcam today. Connected it to the PC, it was recognized and installed. I tested it with MS Teams and other video apps and everything works. I installed the MS Acessory Center app and to my surprise the camera is not recognized by it! The message is...
  8. Microsoft Modern Webcam is not recognized in MS Accessory Center app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Modern Webcam is not recognized in MS Accessory Center app: I bought a Microsoft Modern Webcam today. Connected it to the PC, it was recognized and installed. I tested it with MS Teams and other video apps and everything works. I installed the MS Acessory Center app and to my surprise the camera is not recognized by it! The message is...
  9. Microsoft Modern Webcam is not recognized in MS Accessory Center app

10. Microsoft Modern Webcam - Microsoft Accessory Center not able to connect to adjust settings

Microsoft Modern Webcam - Microsoft Accessory Center not able to connect to adjust settings: Any ideas on this? It just is stuck on this screen and the options never come available. NOTE: I couldn't find the right category to put the Modern Webcam in!A couple more notes: I gave the Accessory App permission to the camera. I tried rebooting. I removed other...