Windows 10: Microsoft Modern Webcam with HDR enabled flickers with 50Hz lighting

Discus and support Microsoft Modern Webcam with HDR enabled flickers with 50Hz lighting in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I live in the UK where the mains frequency is 50Hz.. I have a small number of Microsoft Modern Webcams hardware 0.0 firmware 2.13.11, all of them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Priz, Aug 4, 2021.

1. Priz Win User

Microsoft Modern Webcam with HDR enabled flickers with 50Hz lighting

I live in the UK where the mains frequency is 50Hz.. I have a small number of Microsoft Modern Webcams hardware 0.0 firmware 2.13.11, all of them exhibit the same behavior.HDR on / room lights off - no flickerHDR off / room lights off - no flickerHDR off / room lights on - no flicker "Flicker reduction" set to "Auto" or "50Hz"HDR on / room lights on - rolling flicker across the whole image regardless of "Flicker reduction" settingIt is as if the "Flicker reduction" settings are ignored when HDR is enabled.Is there an updated firmware that addresses this issue.ThanksPriz

:)

Priz, Aug 4, 2021
  2. CulleyXIV Win User

HDR won't enable!

This sounds like the exact same problem I am having, just different hardware. TV is a Sony XBR65X930C. When set to 3840x2160 I see the option to turn on HDR in the display settings but attempting to turn it on results in my TV flickering and the option going
    back to unchecked. If I set the output resolution to 1920x1080, I can finally enable HDR and it stays enabled but it appears applications are still having trouble properly enabling HDR (need to test more).

All drivers and TV firmware are up to date. I can confirm I can get 4K HDR to work on that TV using other devices like a PS4 as well so the capability is there. Just not sure how to get it to work correctly on my PC.

CulleyXIV, Aug 4, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Unable to enable HDR

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I see that you have posted your query in Romanian language. I would like to inform that you have reached the English support forum. For better clarity, we would appreciate if you could post your query in English.

Upon translating the query, I understand that you are unable to enable HDR on your computer. I’ll certainly assist you with the issue.

I would suggest you to refer the Fixing common problems
    section from the article HDR and WCG color settings in Windows 10
    and see if that helps.

One of the things you can try is updating the Graphics Card drivers and see if that helps.

However, upon researching further, I found that HDR can only be enabled if the Graphics Card or Motherboard that you are using supports HDMI 2.0 or DisplayPort 1.4 or higher. If your Graphics card or Motherboard doesn’t support any of these features,
    you may not be able to enable HDR.

If you wish to receive support in Romanian language, you can certainly get in touch with our Live Customer support team and they will assist you further. Please refer the article
    Global Customer Service phone numbers to get the Customer support
    number as per your country

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 4, 2021
  4. Microsoft Modern Webcam with HDR enabled flickers with 50Hz lighting

HDR won't enable!

I have the exact same issue. I'm running a Corsair One with a GTX 1080. I know my TV can output HDR but for some reason any time I turn it on, it immediately toggles back off.

There is no error message that occurs and when I run the Direct X Diagnostic Tool (Recommended by Microsoft here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4040263/windows-10-hdr-advanced-color-settings), there is no actual value for HDR. The "HDR Support"
    value simply isn't in that text file. It does not say "Yes" or "No" as there is no option whatsoever.

I have verified all of my drivers are installed correctly and ensured that I'm using HDR compatible HDMI cables and an HDR compatible TV (Samsung KS8500). There's no visible reason as to why this problem is occuring, but it absolutely is.

Update: I enrolled my PC in the Windows Insiders Program and now when I run the Diagnostic Tool, I do have a listing for "HDR Support: Yes" but when trying to turn on HDR support, the setting still toggles back off.

KatanaSquirrel, Aug 4, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Modern Webcam with HDR enabled flickers with 50Hz lighting

1. Microsoft Modern Webcam with HDR enabled flickers with 50Hz lighting - Similar Threads - Microsoft Modern Webcam

2. Microsoft modern webcam zoom missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft modern webcam zoom missing: I have the microsoft modern webcam. When I open the camera app there is no option to adjust zoom, or adjust the picture at all frankly. Is there software for this not included in windows? I just want to be able to adjust a webcam without having to install **** third party...
  3. Microsoft modern webcam zoom missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft modern webcam zoom missing: I have the microsoft modern webcam. When I open the camera app there is no option to adjust zoom, or adjust the picture at all frankly. Is there software for this not included in windows? I just want to be able to adjust a webcam without having to install **** third party...
  4. Screen flickering when switching windows when HDR is enabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen flickering when switching windows when HDR is enabled: Hi, I have a very annoying issue with HDR on Windows 11.I have 3 screens, and my main middle screen supports HDR, while the other 2 secondary ones do not.If I switch to a window on one of my secondary screens, then switch over to a window on my main HDR screen, there is a...
  5. Screen flickering when switching windows when HDR is enabled

Screen flickering when switching windows when HDR is enabled: Hi, I have a very annoying issue with HDR on Windows 11.I have 3 screens, and my main middle screen supports HDR, while the other 2 secondary ones do not.If I switch to a window on one of my secondary screens, then switch over to a window on my main HDR screen, there is a...
  6. Webcam light

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Webcam light: I am using Windows 11 and I would like to simply turn the little webcam indicator light off. Is there a way to do that without disabling the camera? When I use the camera with the led indicator it make the video quality a little bit brighter when it is on and back to normal...
  7. Webcam light

Webcam light: I am using Windows 11 and I would like to simply turn the little webcam indicator light off. Is there a way to do that without disabling the camera? When I use the camera with the led indicator it make the video quality a little bit brighter when it is on and back to normal...
  8. Webcam flickers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Webcam flickers: So first of all, I've tried a total of three different brands of webcams. One is my friend's logitech which works fine with his desktop. The rest two were purchased from Amazon new, with one of the manufactures sent me a replacement. All three brands four webcams caused the...
  9. Enabling Webcam on Microsoft Surface

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Enabling Webcam on Microsoft Surface: Hello, how do I enable my webcam on my Microsoft Surface tablet? I am using video conference applications on the device and it is not letting me use video....
  10. How to enable HDR

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to enable HDR: I recently purchased a windows 10 computer with intel intergrated graphics card UHD 620. I have the kaby lake R and upgraded to Win10 1909 version. I go to the video settings and I have no options to enable or turn on HDR. It just says 8 bit no HDR. How do I get or enable...