Windows 10: Microsoft Modern Wireless Headset low microphone volume

Discus and support Microsoft Modern Wireless Headset low microphone volume in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently purchased a Microsoft Modern Wireless Headset for use with teams calls etc, however my colleagues are claiming that when on calls it sounds... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MartyDub, Mar 23, 2022.

1. MartyDub Win User

Microsoft Modern Wireless Headset low microphone volume

I recently purchased a Microsoft Modern Wireless Headset for use with teams calls etc, however my colleagues are claiming that when on calls it sounds like I am far away and very quiet.The microphone volume settings are at 100%, and I have no option for a microphone booster like I did with my previous headset. I'm a little disappointed given this is a Microsoft proprietary headset specifically marketed for teams use and not a cheap one at that. Is there anyway I can further increase the volume of my microphone?

:)

MartyDub, Mar 23, 2022
  2. Jen.Q Win User

Headsets microphone is not working

Hi

I'm Jen, a fellow user and an Independent Advisor.

Here's what you can try:

1. Navigate to Settings > Privacy > Microphone

2. Click the Change button, then make sure Microphone for this device is turned on.

3. Make sure Allow apps to access your microphone is turned on.

If you still continue to have the same problem after doing the troubleshooting steps, then proceed to the steps below:

1. Navigate to Control Panel > Sound

2. Select the Recording tab, then right click on any empty place inside the device list and tick Show Disabled Devices.

3. Right click the Headset Microphone and click Enable.

4. Right click it again and select Set as Default Device.

5. Right click Headset Microphone and click Properties.

6. Click the Levels tab, then drag the volume slider towards the largest value.

7. Click OK

Hopefully this resolves your issue.

Jen.Q, Mar 23, 2022
  3. JustinHD Win User
    Headset Microphone Problem

Hello,

I've recently came across some issues with my headset's microphone.
    I'm using Windows 7 x64 Ultimate and Realtek HD Audio Manager.

The problems are the following:

- microphone recording volume is very low
    - the max volume (in Realtek Manager) that I can set is about 60%, any higher and I sound like a robot
    - it worked fine till a few days ago
    - came across this issue before but it kinda went away on itself, sometimes the mic boost would activate and that would screw up my voice.

Any ideas?

JustinHD, Mar 23, 2022
  4. tenmen Win User

Headset's left headphone low sound volume

Hello all,

I've recently got a brand new Gembird headset,and the left headphone has way lower sound volume than the right one.
    It's a headset with headphones and a microphone,with two pins.

I tested the headset on my mobile phone and the both headphones worked well and had equal sound volume.

How do I fix this issue?

My mobo is Gigabyte GA-H81M-DS1.

My Windows Version number is: 21H2 (OS Build 19044.1415)

Please help me.

Thanks to all in advance.

tenmen, Mar 23, 2022
Thema:

1. Microsoft Modern Wireless Headset low microphone volume - Similar Threads - Microsoft Modern Wireless

2. Microsoft Modern Wireless Headset sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Modern Wireless Headset sleep mode: After a few hours of not being used, the Microsoft Modern Wireless Headset goes to sleep. Thus when I answer a call it is no good, need to power the headset off then back on for it to wake up and re-establish a connection to the Microsoft USB Link dongle that came with it,...
  3. Microsoft Modern Wireless Headset will not download/install microphone driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Modern Wireless Headset will not download/install microphone driver: I have a Microsoft Modern Wireless Headset and it will not install the microphone driver on one computer. It installs and detects both the audio out and microphone driver on another computer, however it will not for this "new" computer.- I have uninstalled the driver from...
  4. Microsoft Modern Wireless Headset will not download/install microphone driver

Microsoft Modern Wireless Headset will not download/install microphone driver: I have a Microsoft Modern Wireless Headset and it will not install the microphone driver on one computer. It installs and detects both the audio out and microphone driver on another computer, however it will not for this "new" computer.- I have uninstalled the driver from...
  5. Microsoft Modern Wireless Headset will not download/install microphone driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Low quality recording on Microsoft Modern Wireless Headset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low quality recording on Microsoft Modern Wireless Headset: Hello,I recently bought a Microsoft Modern Wireless Headset 8JR-00003, and it has some issues, that I wasnt expecting. I am using the Microsoft USB link dongle, but I tried the Bluetooth connecting and is the same scenario.- When a just listen music the quality is very good.-...
  7. Low quality recording on Microsoft Modern Wireless Headset

Low quality recording on Microsoft Modern Wireless Headset: Hello,I recently bought a Microsoft Modern Wireless Headset 8JR-00003, and it has some issues, that I wasnt expecting. I am using the Microsoft USB link dongle, but I tried the Bluetooth connecting and is the same scenario.- When a just listen music the quality is very good.-...
  8. Low quality recording on Microsoft Modern Wireless Headset

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Microsoft Modern Wireless Headset low microphone volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Modern Wireless Headset low microphone volume: I recently purchased a Microsoft Modern Wireless Headset for use with teams calls etc, however my colleagues are claiming that when on calls it sounds like I am far away and very quiet.The microphone volume settings are at 100%, and I have no option for a microphone booster...
  10. Microsoft Modern Wireless Headset low microphone volume

Microsoft Modern Wireless Headset low microphone volume: I recently purchased a Microsoft Modern Wireless Headset for use with teams calls etc, however my colleagues are claiming that when on calls it sounds like I am far away and very quiet.The microphone volume settings are at 100%, and I have no option for a microphone booster...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft modern wireless headset poor call audio