Windows 10: Microsoft Money and IE5

Discus and support Microsoft Money and IE5 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi I've just installed Windows 10 and most programs are working fine. However, when I tried to open Microsoft Money (admittedly an old program), it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by roymathers, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Microsoft Money and IE5

Hi

I've just installed Windows 10 and most programs are working fine. However, when I tried to open Microsoft Money (admittedly an old program), it presented me with the message ' Money requires some components of Internet Explorer 5 to function properly. Please re-install IE5 so these components can be added'. Is it possible that the Windows 10 installation removed IE5 from my computer? If, how do I get it back? Thanks.

Roy

:)

roymathers, Aug 11, 2015

2. Money says it needs IE5

OK first let me say how peeved i am that i have to give my birthdate AND name in order to create an account in order to have a snowballs chance in hell of reaching a live human. Second, i am even more peeved that the new W10 upgrade has tanked my old accounting
    program MS Money. Yes, i know it's old but it worked. Until now. So the message says i need IE5 to make it run again. Ok so i find an article on the MS site that says my Money disk will have the IE5 file on it. I just have to reload it from the disk. Hooray!
    So i get out the disk and follow the instructions on the article BUT the IE5 file it tells me to run is NOT on the original program disk as promised. OK so i search the MS website. Not there either. Lots of upgrades and patches, but no IE5. So all my accounting
    data is locked in a machine that cannot access it. This is not good for business. Ideas? Short of sticking pins in a Bill Gates doll?

[Original title: Old program needs IE5]

MariaMatters, Aug 11, 2015
  3. Don Varnau, Aug 11, 2015
  4. Microsoft Money and IE5

GamerwGlasses, Aug 11, 2015
  5. Thank you - that gives me the answer. Thanks again.

roymathers, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Money and IE5

1. Microsoft Money and IE5 - Similar Threads - Microsoft Money IE5

2. Microsoft Money

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Money: Will MIcrosoft Money be available in Microsoft 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-money/231a343e-68c3-41b2-91a4-06d0f48324c9
  3. Microsoft Money

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Money: Will MIcrosoft Money be available in Microsoft 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-money/231a343e-68c3-41b2-91a4-06d0f48324c9
  4. Microsoft Money

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Money: Hi How can I set the program up so that credits to an account are shown before debits on the same day? At the moment debits are being entered which shows the account in the red only to be in the black when my salary is entered. Any assistance would be appreciated...
  5. microsoft money

microsoft money: I know this was discontinued in 2009, I had sunset but it crashed and the disc is no longer works I loved this program just to keep track of my money spending and to reconcile my bank account at the end of the month. thats all I use it for and thats all I need...
  6. Microsoft Money

Microsoft Money: I am using Microsoft Money in Windows 10 Build 19559. It works fine. However if Internet Explorer is removed will it continue to work. It is my understanding that Internet Explorer will be retired after Microsoft Edge is completely implemented....
  7. Microsoft Money

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Money: HI,Everyone I have just acquired windows !0 and have downloaded Microsoft Money the new version and it keeps opening money on start up ,can I prevent this,many thanks Dave newbe...
  8. Microsoft Money

Microsoft Money: Is there a Canadian version of Microsoft Money? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-money/5bc7f813-7c2d-4dfe-9c47-8597b7fb501b
  9. Microsoft Money

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Money: I am a user of MS Money and have been for many many years. I started having problems with the program so I reinstalled it from my disk. I have the origin al key code but when I try to activate it tells me I need an override key to activate it. Can you help or guide me to the...
  10. Microsoft Money

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Money: I have just got a new laptop. I have been using Microsoft Money 2005 for years. I have loaded the newest version Money Plus from the Microsoft site, however it will NOT open my 'my money2.mny' file, the error message I keep getting is ' Money Can't open this file because it...