Windows 10: Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center not working properly on Windows 11

Discus and support Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center not working properly on Windows 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've had a Microsoft Touch Mouse for nearly 10 years. It has worked wonders throughout the years; I started using it on Windows 7, then updated to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Juan M.Martínez, Aug 8, 2022.

1. Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center not working properly on Windows 11

I've had a Microsoft Touch Mouse for nearly 10 years. It has worked wonders throughout the years; I started using it on Windows 7, then updated to Windows 8, then Windows 8.1, then Windows 10 and time after time I have seen its functionality improve with the Microsoft mouse and keyboard center. What I love about this mouse is the capability of using multiple finger gestures as if I was using a trackpad. I can use thumb gestures, one, two or three finger gestures, I can scroll vertically and horizontally; and I have never been able to find any mice that does things like this one does. A couple

:)

Juan M.Martínez, Aug 8, 2022

2. Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center macros not working in Windows 11

I just bought a Windows 11 PC to replace my old Windows 10 PC. I was in the process of installing all of my apps and configuring them on Windows 11 (just as I had in Win 10). So far, everything has worked (that I tried) as before in Win 10. However, when I ran a macro with the button on my "Microsoft Wireless Mouse 5000" within Win 11 (applied to one of my other applications), it didn't execute as expected. It let me create the macro as usual, but it never ran when I clicked the mouse button.

I tried doing the same thing back on my old Win 10 machine (with the same Mouse and software) and it worked flawlessly. The version of Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center that I used for both Win 10 and Win 11 was 14.41 (or more specifically, v14.41.137.0). I googled to see if there was a separate application for Win 11, but I didn't see one.

Here are the steps that I took to create the macro in Win 11:

1. I first opened the application that I wanted to apply the macro to.
    2. Then I opened Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center and went to the mouse section.
    3. I clicked on "app-specific settings" selection.
    4. I clicked the "Add New" button.
    5. I selected the app in the list and clicked on it.
    6. I clicked on the button that I wanted to apply it to (Left side button).
    7. In the list of options to apply to the button, I selected "macro."
    8. I clicked the "Create a new Macro" button.
    9. I clicked into the "editor" box and typed in the key strokes that I wanted it to execute.
    10. I clicked the back arrow button until I got back to the main screen.
    11. I pressed the mouse button within the app's window, but it never ran (even with Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center window still being opened).
    As I mentioned, these same steps worked fine in Win 10. I even tried to use a pre-made selection (such as "Magnify"), but even that didn't work. At this point, it seems like the "app-specific settings" don't work at all within Win 11. Only the "basic settings" appear to be working (at least for the mouse). This functionality was the main reason that I bought a Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard!!

Any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for any fix!!

Switchgeek, Aug 8, 2022
  3. Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 with Windows 11

My Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 works on Windows 11 - somewhat. All the standard keyboard operations work properly, and two of the the special function keys work, however, the MS Mouse and Keyboard Center software says "no supported device". Any suggestions??

RGBCMYKBKA, Aug 8, 2022
  4. Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center not working properly on Windows 11

Mouse not visible in Mouse and Keyboard Center

I use Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard and Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Mouse, The first is visible in Mouse and Keyboard Center, but not the mouse. The mouse
    does work, however one of the reasons I have chosen this particular mouse is the additional settings in Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center, which I cannot use.

I have already uninstalled and reinstalled Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center. No improvement.

The mouse is on the list of supported devices and I'm surprised by this issue as I have never heard such a problem before. It is my second Sculpt Ergonomic Mouse.

Thanks for any helpful suggestions,

Krzysztof

KrzysztofKożurno, Aug 8, 2022
Thema:

Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center not working properly on Windows 11

1. Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center not working properly on Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Microsoft Mouse Keyboard

2. Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center not working properly on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center not working properly on Windows 11: I've had a Microsoft Touch Mouse for nearly 10 years. It has worked wonders throughout the years; I started using it on Windows 7, then updated to Windows 8, then Windows 8.1, then Windows 10 and time after time I have seen its functionality improve with the Microsoft mouse...
  3. Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center Macros not working in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center Macros not working in Windows 11: I just bought a Windows 11 PC to replace my old Windows 10 PC. I was in the process of installing all of my apps and configuring them on Windows 11 just as I had in Win 10. So far, everything has worked that I tried as before in Win 10, but when I ran a macro with the button...
  4. Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center Macros not working in Windows 11

Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center Macros not working in Windows 11: I just bought a Windows 11 PC to replace my old Windows 10 PC. I was in the process of installing all of my apps and configuring them on Windows 11 just as I had in Win 10. So far, everything has worked that I tried as before in Win 10, but when I ran a macro with the button...
  5. Microsoft Keyboard and Mouse Center Crashing/Not Working

Microsoft Keyboard and Mouse Center Crashing/Not Working: Hello. I downloaded Microsoft Keyboard and Mouse Center from the Microsoft website, but it doesn't have any affect when I assign a function to the buttons on my "Comfort Mouse 4500", though the default functions of mousebutton 4 and 5 or whatever the additional buttons are...
  6. Microsoft Precision Mouse not working with Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Precision Mouse not working with Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center: Hi, Ever since an update with windows around June, I have noticed that my Microsoft Surface Precision Mouse behaving erratically. 1 The smart switch feature has been slower than before. 2 My macros has been back to default. It was not a problem for me until I opened up...
  7. microsoft mouse & keyboard center

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    microsoft mouse & keyboard center: I have a Logitech wireless mouse and keyboard, so am I correct that the MICROSOFT MOUSE & KEYBOARD CENTER utility can safely be uninstalled? Thanks, Dan https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-mouse-keyboard-center/1d1eed96-6ce3-4e1a-bb00-c1728b42eb72
  8. Microsoft keyboard and Mouse center

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft keyboard and Mouse center: My old keyboard was failing, so I bought a new one. Can I export the Macros I have created and then import them for my new computer? The drop downs did not have a choice for this error, I apologize if they confuse my question....
  9. Microsoft mouse and keyboard center work with Logitech Mouse

Microsoft mouse and keyboard center work with Logitech Mouse: Will Microsoft mouse and keyboard center work with Logitech LX3 optical Mouse? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-mouse-and-keyboard-center-work-with/f2d5ada0-ff77-4bb2-8e05-e7c2540be7a3
  10. Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard center

Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard center: customizable buttons/keys don't work in programs which runs under the certain conditions of compatibility modes, or if program runs with administrative privilege... making administrative privilege to "itype.exe & ipoint.exe & mousekeyboardcenter.exe" does not help... as...