Windows 10: Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard center settings - back and forward buttons assignment reseting...

Discus and support Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard center settings - back and forward buttons assignment reseting... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi there.Based on a thread started on Mar 2013 Thread I am popping up this issue again. Today we have Oct 2021 and this is still not solved.Mouse... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MatoS1, Oct 17, 2021.

1. MatoS1 Win User

Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard center settings - back and forward buttons assignment reseting...

Hi there.Based on a thread started on Mar 2013 Thread I am popping up this issue again. Today we have Oct 2021 and this is still not solved.Mouse Sculpt Comfort slider buttons functionality is always reset to defaults after PC launch restart, sleep, hibernation despite of the settings within the application are as expected. As mentioned in previous thread, settings are corrected just after the Center application windows is opened without any change being performed.Such behavior is unacceptable and any workaround by manual modification of Windows registry or another settings is not the

:)

MatoS1, Oct 17, 2021

2. Mouse not visible in Mouse and Keyboard Center

I use Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard and Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Mouse, The first is visible in Mouse and Keyboard Center, but not the mouse. The mouse
    does work, however one of the reasons I have chosen this particular mouse is the additional settings in Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center, which I cannot use.

I have already uninstalled and reinstalled Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center. No improvement.

The mouse is on the list of supported devices and I'm surprised by this issue as I have never heard such a problem before. It is my second Sculpt Ergonomic Mouse.

Thanks for any helpful suggestions,

Krzysztof

KrzysztofKożurno, Oct 17, 2021
  3. Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center error

Hi Bent,

Thanks for replying to us with the status of your issue.

We understand the inconvenience caused and we will try our best to resolve the issue.

This issue might occur if the Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center files got corrupted.

I suggest you to place the computer in clean boot, uninstall the Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center application and download and install the latest Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center application form the website and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

Step 1: Perform Clean boot.

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: Steps mentioned for Windows 8/8.1, will work fine with Windows 10.

Disclaimer: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

Step 2: Uninstall Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center application.

1) Press Windows key + x and select Program and features.

2) Right click on the Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center and click on
    Uninstall.

Step 3: Download and install the latest Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center for the website.

Refer to the below link:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=36791

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Oct 17, 2021
  4. mariusvdm Win User

Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard center settings - back and forward buttons assignment reseting...

Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center dont allow me to change Mouse Settings

Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center dont allow me to change Mouse Settings

I have installed the software and driver and it seems to work - but ...

The settings for the mouse are very course and the mouse jumps in large steps - instead of a smooth scroll.

The Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center - only allow me to adjust the setting for the keyboard - and I cannot find a way to adjust the settings for the mouse Microsoft Wireless Mouse 5000 V1.0.

How can I adjust the settings for the Mouse?

mariusvdm, Oct 17, 2021
Thema:

1. Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard center settings - back and forward buttons assignment reseting... - Similar Threads - Microsoft Mouse Keyboard

2. Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center forgets assignments

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center forgets assignments: I assign "My Favorites" keys 2 and 3 to use macros I created. After a while sometimes the same day, sometimes after a few days, the assignments - one of them or both - are forgotten and the keys return to their original assignment which is opening the 2nd and 3rd apps from...
  3. Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center forgets assignments

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center forgets assignments: I assign "My Favorites" keys 2 and 3 to use macros I created. After a while sometimes the same day, sometimes after a few days, the assignments - one of them or both - are forgotten and the keys return to their original assignment which is opening the 2nd and 3rd apps from...
  4. Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard center settings - back and forward buttons assignment...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard center settings - back and forward buttons assignment...: Hi there.Based on a thread started on Mar 2013 Thread I am popping up this issue again. Today we have Oct 2021 and this is still not solved.Mouse Sculpt Comfort slider buttons functionality is always reset to defaults after PC launch restart, sleep, hibernation despite of the...
  5. Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard center settings - back and forward buttons assignment reseting...

Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard center settings - back and forward buttons assignment reseting...: Hi there.Based on a thread started on Mar 2013 Thread I am popping up this issue again. Today we have Oct 2021 and this is still not solved.Mouse Sculpt Comfort slider buttons functionality is always reset to defaults after PC launch restart, sleep, hibernation despite of the...
  6. Microsoft Keyboard assigned Keys in Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center not working on...

Microsoft Keyboard assigned Keys in Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center not working on...: I've mapped the Browser Back button to: Copy Ctrl+C, and theBrowser Forward Button to: Paste Ctrl-V in the Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center for a Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000. This a great use of those two buttons as I never use them for the default purpose, but when...
  7. Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center "The assigned command is not available, please reassign it"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center "The assigned command is not available, please reassign it": Randomly, and with no consistency, a pop-up box from "itype.exe" will appear with the message "The assigned command is not available, please reassign it" Choosing "cancel" or trying to exit the pop-up only causes it to immediately reappear. Choosing "ok" opens the Mouse...
  8. microsoft mouse & keyboard center

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    microsoft mouse & keyboard center: I have a Logitech wireless mouse and keyboard, so am I correct that the MICROSOFT MOUSE & KEYBOARD CENTER utility can safely be uninstalled? Thanks, Dan https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-mouse-keyboard-center/1d1eed96-6ce3-4e1a-bb00-c1728b42eb72
  9. Microsoft keyboard and Mouse center

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft keyboard and Mouse center: My old keyboard was failing, so I bought a new one. Can I export the Macros I have created and then import them for my new computer? The drop downs did not have a choice for this error, I apologize if they confuse my question....
  10. Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard center

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard center: customizable buttons/keys don't work in programs which runs under the certain conditions of compatibility modes, or if program runs with administrative privilege... making administrative privilege to "itype.exe & ipoint.exe & mousekeyboardcenter.exe" does not help... as...